It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth's Voice.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
These sounds are radio waves created by the earth itself converted into sound, cool as a cucumber. If you're listening on tinny sounding speakers you won't appreciate the bass.

Now this is how Jupiter sounds.

Some other sounds from space.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Awesome! Is this in real time or is it slowed/sped-up?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawkwind.

This is KEWL, Its funny how it sounds like the space sound effects from 20th century pop culture shows and movies....how did they guess it.
I mean this sounds like a space soundtrack from then....

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Now, imagine, if space weren't a vacuum, and sounds like this were heard 24/7/365 forever...Humans would go stark raving insane listening to this continuously.

So, you sit outside in the pitch of night, looking up a star filled cosmos, and that would be what you heard...not softy either, but at a well heard volume.

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Very creepy, I love it. What causes the sounds though, the rotation, mixed with its magnetic field?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I don't know why; but the notion of the Earth making a measurable sound seems comforting.

Thanks for the collection....

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
I don't know why; but the notion of the Earth making a measurable sound seems comforting.

Thanks for the collection....

Gosh i thought that also, she sounds very alive, like a mother earth

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
So this is cool and but seems like s shameless plug after all............................. doesn't it?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Really cool, played them all at the same time. Gives me a feeling of their physical presence.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xammu
Awesome! Is this in real time or is it slowed/sped-up?

No idea mate, I tried to find more info on it but couldn't. Even the NASA site doesn't seem to give much away about it. Maybe someone else will have better luck?

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
This is KEWL, Its funny how it sounds like the space sound effects from 20th century pop culture shows and movies....how did they guess it.
I mean this sounds like a space soundtrack from then....

Well, with me being a Hawkwind fan (could you guess?
) I've heard a lot of these kinds of spacey sounds.

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
Gosh i thought that also, she sounds very alive, like a mother earth

You never know, planets might be sentient and this is the noise of them talking to each other

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
So this is cool and but seems like s shameless plug after all............................. doesn't it?

You'll be talking about the plug at the end of the first vid? Well, nothing I can do about that, I just posted the link and have no relationship with the youtube poster, literally. If someone could find a different source for the vid without the plug I'd be happy to edit.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peter Brake
Really cool, played them all at the same time. Gives me a feeling of their physical presence.

Hehe, your head must have felt a bit spaced after that, Peter. Let me ask though, do you think the earth sounds sad or happy, angry or emotionless?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
one source of the Earth sounds are Thunderstorms/Lightning

but those infrequent bursts of 'radio waves' could not account for all the noise heard on the Earth sound audio ..

i believe that plate techtonics/crustal stresses also produce low frequency waves..

interesting, but i prefer listening to the wind & nature & listen to the rocks & trees, birds etc

top topics

join