It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's nuclear program... Times up.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
www.ynetnews.com...
www.ptinews.com...
www.thepeoplesvoice.org...

Ok, to start with I'm just going to rattle off that IMHO, the whole debate and crises over Iran's uranium enrichment program is definitely coming to a head.

Iran is expected to give their answer to a UN deal to ship its LUE (Low enriched uranium) today, and they are expecting an unconditional "yes" from Iran.
It has been reported that Iran will accept the general framework of the deal, but will demand there be "important changes", fearing a western trap.

I honestly believe behind the scenes, world powers are fully aware that time is up in regards to this issue, and Israel are in full swing preparing to launch an attack on Iranian nuclear facility's, should this last effort of diplomacy fail. www.telegraph.co.uk...

I believe that regardless if Iran agrees fully with the UN draft, Israel will lose patience, because the draft has nothing to do with what their main concern is, and that is the continuation of enriching uranium, and that should this deal be accepted it will "legitimize" Iran's enrichment process.

I have been following this debacle for 4 years and believe that we WILL see a military confrontation with Iran, very very soon. I just can't see it being dragged out any longer.

I believe this because of the simple fact that Iran, under no circumstances, will EVER (and rightly so) give up their right to enrich uranium for nuclear energy... They will never stop, and Israel will attack because they have given Obama's diplomacy a chance to fail and it has done just that.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by Echelon117]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Sadly you are right my friend. The clock is ticking now, and its at 11.59, we can expect to awakin one morning with the bells of war ringing all over the news.

This will not stay in the middle east, this war, it will spread like wild fire around the world, i hope im wrong.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I wake up gratefull each morning this world is still in the same messed up shape that it was when I went to sleep.

However I too suspect that if anyone does attack anyone in the region at this point in time it will spread around the world and to be honest, I do expect something to come to a head soon, but I seriously hope I am wrong...

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It really is inevitable. Iran will never give up enrichment. Israel will lose patience and strike.

There is no illusion that this is the path we are on, with the global financial crises, and the middle east conflict bound to escalate, our civilization is on a path that has a real tangible potential to explode into a situation that could be catastrophic...

We can only speculate what the attack on Iran will lead to, the whole middle-east is like a tinder box at the moment.. Sparks are being struck all over the place and I believe a strike on Iran nuke facility's will be the ignition.

Terror attacks are really escalating and getting more deadly, such as the ones in Pakistan and Iraq, the bombing of Iran's Revolutionary Guards.
News is stating that this October has been the bloodiest since the start of the war in 2003, Hamas and Hezbollah have been stockpiling weapons...

It's not as if all this tension and violence is going to go away, its all leading to something and I truly believe it is at the boiling point

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
It is inevitable unfortunately. I do wish that the US military was not smack dab in the middle although that's likely the ultimate reason we are there anyways.

I also worry about how much it spreads. One of these times, some nation is going to suprise the US and bring the battle to us. If a few of them get together, look out.

As soon as it becomes larger than Israel and Iran, the rest of the world will take sides and thats when the SHTF.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
iran was supposed to reply to the drafted U.N. deal on its uranium earlier today. yet dinner jacket comes out at says "we wont give up 1 iota of our nuclear program"

usually israel would say something in the lines of " we still have all options on the table" yet this time israel is silent. gives me an erie feeling that a strike may come soon. especially since there where rumors of a planned strike before or around december if diplomacy with iran still fails. yet once again it has.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Echelon117

...and while carrying out such an attack the oil fields in the country are captured in order to "protect them from harm"......hmmmmm.......

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Something is not right.. no anti-Iran rhetoric over this state of affairs, not even in the Jpost.. an eerie silence prevails, which I find quite chilling.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
To say "time is up" on Iran is misleading.

Now, I do believe that the USA or Israel will eventually force the issue but time is not up by a long shot. We have been moving down this path for years and we will continue with the dreaded "sanctions" for a while longer and Iran will agree to this and that only to change their mind or not meet deadlines etc....etc...etc....

Any attack on Iran is still a long ways off I can assure you so just pull up a chair and have a beer, it's going to be a while.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I agree. Its going to be a while...possibly late 2010 or 2011 and byt then the game will have changed so much it may not happen at all. Even Netanyahu today said he saw Iran's response to offer as "positive"

By the way, Iran hasnt rejected the deal, just parts of it. I suspect those that drafted the deal expected this knowing they could let Iran renegotiate and bargain a little more. This will drag on for quite some time.

top topics

join