It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov't Monitoring my computer?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Earlier today i posted about the Amero coins.
Shortly after my computer began to not co-operate with me. Not allowing me on sites and allowing me back onto ATS.
WTF? seriously.
I rebooted the computer. Rebooted cable modem and Router.
Started writing more about the coins and was looking up ammo and guns at the same time.
Screen freezes internet activity stops.
I release and renew DHCP.
Everything is ok again.

Unless something is up with my provider i don't know what the heck is going on. It's blocking me periodically from visiting my fav sites.

anyways, this rant could just be all bullocks!

maybe it's just paranoia.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I wouldnt worry, as long as you have nothing bad on your comp, they do not really care what you post these days.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ontariocanada maybe it's just paranoia.

I think you may be on to something there.

I find it hard to accept that the government would have any interest in monitoring someone who posted about coins made by some private mint. Even if they were actual "prototypes" of a future cirrency, your posting about it would in no way alter their plans.

Probably just provider issues.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ontariocanada

the gov has been monitoring ppl for quite a while....its called echelon, look it up...

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I doubt TPTB would ever play with fire (public opinion), it seems far more likely that they know far more can be gleamed from people if they listen-in without being suspected.

Personally, I'm going with technical foul-ups of somesort, but you never know I suppose.

link   

Originally posted by andy1033
they do not really care what you post these days.

How about: real alien photographs, accurate information about every alien species known to man and providing proof that government is covering up aliens?

link   
Back when I used to visit alot of sites with "questionable" content like ATS I started doing daily checks of my firewall logs.

I had IP #'s from DoD, FBI and tons of others that were "blocked" trying to sniff ports.

I can't say for sure that it was those agencies, getting IP spoof software isn't hard at all and just like with caller id you can have your IP show up as the DoD etc.

I still check my logs and save any IP i think is significant.

But I doubt my young Belkin router could stop any government agency from hacking into my pc.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
Back when I used to visit alot of sites with "questionable" content like ATS I started doing daily checks of my firewall logs.

I had IP #'s from DoD, FBI and tons of others that were "blocked" trying to sniff ports.

I can't say for sure that it was those agencies, getting IP spoof software isn't hard at all and just like with caller id you can have your IP show up as the DoD etc.

I still check my logs and save any IP i think is significant.

But I doubt my young Belkin router could stop any government agency from hacking into my pc.

How do you check firewall logs?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

I guess it depends on who manufactures your router, and if that feature is a part of it.

With my Belkin, you just type in the default IP to access the router, then on my left sidebar I have a 'Firewall' category. In there is a section that keeps the logs. I included a screenshot of my log page, although nothing is listed. I'm on a wireless broadband card at the moment and cannot use my router.

I was also going to put up the list of IP's I had collected that tried to access my pc. I seem to have misplaced it though. Weird.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

I just have the windows firewall. Wait i might be confused.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

You should get a router. For quite a few reasons.

With a router you have a built in firewall that goes above and beyond what windows firewall can do. They are relatively inexpensive but are worth their weight in gold IMHO.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

I think i have a router, i must because we have another computer hooked up, and a PS3.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Oh good Lord, your anti virus capabilities are working, and you are complaining?

Don't subscribe to them when you need to, and see where that get's ya!

Don't visit bad sites, either, what have you been searching for, exaclty?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Sounds like a good example of paranoia. Unless you are involved in fraud, killed somebody, or other highly illegal activities, I highly doubt they are spending their resources on you.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The vundo virus is going around.

Have you been innoculated?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
www.echelonspoofer.com...
yes echelon has been around for quite some time

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I think you need to get Norton Anti-Virus or something. Matybe download Spybot or Hijack this as well. You'll br fineLOL. Wow.

Originally posted by ontariocanada
Earlier today i posted about the Amero coins.
Shortly after my computer began to not co-operate with me. Not allowing me on sites and allowing me back onto ATS.
WTF? seriously.
I rebooted the computer. Rebooted cable modem and Router.
Started writing more about the coins and was looking up ammo and guns at the same time.
Screen freezes internet activity stops.
I release and renew DHCP.
Everything is ok again.

Unless something is up with my provider i don't know what the heck is going on. It's blocking me periodically from visiting my fav sites.

anyways, this rant could just be all bullocks!

maybe it's just paranoia.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Incoming Log Table of my Linksys Router shows absolutely no incoming.

Good news...i was paranoid.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Well we are conspiracy theorist, its our nature to be paranoid.

Just because your paranoid doesn't mean their not out to get you.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Call your isp ask if they are having service outages.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join