It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia proposes new nuclear -powered spaceship

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I caught this a few minutes ago on Y! and after reading it, I'm kind of excited to see the design and how they would implement it. Moreover, what would be the mission for it. It is definatley within the realm of possiblity if they can extend the mission of the I.S.S.. Maybe ad some construction rigging to it and assemble it piece by piece in orbit. That is just my opinion though. Russian Nuclear -powered Spaceship

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I will eat my hat if this ever comes to fruition.

In spite of the enormous challenges a country whose public funds are in as parlous state as Russias are, I doubt the US will be especially amenable to Russia putting a nuclear device into orbit.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
To be honest after our shuttle retires, who is to stop them? Granted I have some SERIOUS worries about their ability to safely put a reactor into orbit. However I can't fault the Russians for thier lack of vision. We have been working together for years on our space programs why not start with bigger and bolder steps. Space is dangerous but not as dangerous as a lack of will to travel there.

join