It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would the idea of a gay man frighten other males so much?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I think that most men have issues with homosexuals because they are not sufficiently comfortable with thier own sexuality.

Or they even have latent homosexual tendencies that scare them.

It has been my observation in life, that usually, you tend to hate in others what you hate most in yourself.

Food for thought.
my 2 cents.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hack28

Originally posted by RoyalCanadian
i dont have an issue with gay people but gay parades, really tick me off. if you want to be gay dont parade down the street in a big float. kids could see that stuff.

Pretty sure thats the point, so a young gay child can look at that and say "you know what im not a monster and people do celebrate my way of life."
Most gay people are aware of it at a pretty young age, if i were a homosexual i would find great comfort and PRIDE in those parades.
However you may have been reffering to kids such as under the age of 5 at which point i agree with you, but some of that (all of) responsability has to be at the parents to not expose their young children to that.

do you know why straight people dont have straight parades? because were not self centered, not as much anyway.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Groupies

So called Heterosexual Males in the West (especially in 'puritanical' America) sometimes have a VERY HARD TIME (no pun intended) with knowing how exactly to interact with gay males...especially in public (often there is a VERY different attitude behind closed doors, but that is another subject for a later discussion !)

From what I have seen (and I have seen ALOT, let me tell you !) there is really 'no such thing' as a pure-heterosexual male ---neither is there really such thing as a pure-homosexual male---(the same goes for female humans too !) there is just usually a 'decided preference' towards the one or the other (or both !)--as the Hite Report and the Kinsey Report discovered (much to their Shock and Awe) after interviewing more than 10,000 people of both sexes in America and Canada.

'In the Day in which they were created, Elohim created them male and female in his own Image and his own Likeness and HE CALLED THEIR NAME ADAM, and he blessed them.' (Gen 5:1-2) : Male and Female are BOTH the same species according to the P-writer of the Genesis Myth.

Some (ahem) 'heterosexual' human males find themselves looking at other human males that (for whatever reasons, and they may be many) seem sexually appealing to them at the time ---(often confusingly !)

This weird phenomenon is not confined to homo sapiens sapiense but is found among primates and other mammals--and MIGHT be because the actual PHYSICAL ANATOMICAL differences between Human Males and Human Females is not all that much percentage wise---that is, when you actually compare every square inch of their bodies together up close and personal.

Most people would agree that human males (despite their socalled MaleNess) still have 'nipples' (and a LINE under their scrotum, which would normally convert into a vaginal wall--were it not for a FEW hormones !) and overweight human males look like they have actual mammaries. In other words, both sexes have 2 eyes, 2 ears, a nose a mouth a neck, a torso (with nipples) a belly-button, 2 legs, two arms, a buttox, feet etc. all 'basically' the same shape--I know a lot of men with better curves in the pelvic region than a lot of women (go figure !)

Personally I would say: there is no hetero-sexualtiy, and there is no homo-sexuality, there is no bi-sexuality---there is JUST SEXUALITY, and it takes many forms.

I've personally asked many (ahem) 'straight' men if they had EVER been attracted to a male in their entire life: some of them said, well, when I was younger and didn't know any better---some said, not until very recently (one guy said last month !) when for some reason I was drawn to this dude and couldn't get him off my mind or my dreams---it freaked me out and still does !' -- some other said 'if they're effeminate enough, I could go for it, mauybe if I was drunk ..' (yeah, right !)

Others said, 'only if they act like men..I don't like 'puffs' swishing their stuff around me...another said 'maybe if they put lipstick on' and they were small and young, maybe, if I was in prison---and a LOT of them said, 'well if they will orally service me, then I will just lay back and close my eyes and fantasize and it doesn'e matter...'; others said, 'some men make love better than some women....' and one said, 'I laid down beside my roomate for 10 years---I kept forgetting he was a DUDE !'--in other words, after a while, sometimes when you get to know someone, you can forget their foibles, their race or EVEN THEIR SEX---they are just a PERSON.

Most (ahem) 'straight' men (or men who style themselves as 'heterosexual') who are NOT hung up on sex, would just say, 'sorry, no, I'm not in to that, but thanks for the compliment !' when a gay man comes on to them. Other (ahem) 'straight' men (especially those who are narrow minded, under 30, and/or are brought up in Judaeo-Christian or Islamic religious supersititions (whoops! I meant to say 'belief systems' !) often are taken-aback or VERY VERY VERY confused about their own feelings about men and their relationship with females of the species and will sometimes get violent or angry or very very very uncomfortable.

Most of this sad latter category of often sexually confused 'heterosexual' males who have a lot of 'sexual hangups' have ZERO problem about seeing two homosexual females going at it in bed---but would nearly faint with 'disgust' (I live that word !) if they saw two macho men kissing and doing the 69 thingy with each other---talk about your double standards...

But all in all, most men after they reach the age of 30 or 35 come to the conclusion: to each his own---and live and let live...

Curiously many many many of the 'hetero-males' over 35 who have a longstanding prejudice against gay males are often religious or political zealots in some form and are OFTEN OVERWEIGHT ' (e.g. Jerry Fallwell, the religious fundamentalist PIG who weighed 421 lbs by the time he finally keeled over once and for all--

i.e. these religious and/or political zealots often over-eat to compensate for an un-fulfilling sex life (the sex and food drive areas of the brain are VERY VERY closely positioned in humans (and other animals) i.e. physically--and are related 'appetites'), and they are often very very jealous (consciously or un-consciously) of the fact that an openly gay male can tell the world where to shove it and also when looking at the often business-successfull hard working gay-urban-professional who has the discipline to work out at the gym every week, and wear stylish clothes and be popular and easy with femals AND has two incomes WITH NO CHILDREN, they can often become very angry with themselves !!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Its got nothing to do with not liking females. What it does happen to be is most straight men which have problems with gay men. Are really hiding in the closet afraid to let thre own selves out to be what there supposed to be. Theyve been told all there lives that acting in any way that wasn't considered manly was evil and deranged. Ive never understood what the big hangup on living your sexuality. Course first you need to cut out all the religions there the #1 programing for Hate. Once thats done, then you can encourage males to be themselves not what society deems they should be. You have a chose. Being a gay man all my 47 years on the planet. I don't need to experiement for this subject. I'm living proof of years of work. ::Flexes:: and not all gay men are wimpy.::points over to the 30+ guys at the gym which could tear your liver out through your nose with a grin:: So you see you can be yourself and still be manly, and use mosturizer..

course then you got the folks that like to bone goats..but thats a whole nother story..::laughs::

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
I think that most men have issues with homosexuals because they are not sufficiently comfortable with thier own sexuality.

Or they even have latent homosexual tendencies that scare them.

It has been my observation in life, that usually, you tend to hate in others what you hate most in yourself.

Food for thought.
my 2 cents.

If gays are so sufficiently comfortable with their sexuality why do they continually have to push their orientation in everybody's face through offensive acts like their gay parades etc.?

That only serves to piss off otherwise tolerant people - which is likely their intent.

Gays creat their own problems.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by leo123]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Obligitory disclaimer: I have nothing at all against gay people, am not homophobic, etc.

Looking at the issue from the broadest possible perspective, I do think that there needs to be a distinction between "fear," "dislike" and "disagreement." Some people may fear gays. Some may simply dislike them or find their habits unpalatable (even if this is wrong, it is not the same as being "frightened"). And some may disagree with political issues like gay marriage, for religious or other reasons, say. These latter two groups are not "frightened" by gays. They just don't like them. or pehaps happen to disagree about one specific issue.

Labeling all people who happen to disagree with one as "frightened" is a rhetorical trope often called a "shaming tactic." That is, Person A happens to disagree with Person B about any given issue. Person A then says person B is "scared" or uses some other form of personal attack to try and make Person B ashamed, rather than addressing the arguments or true motives of Person B. Happens all the time in human relations and disagreements...not only in cases involving gay people.

[edit on 10/28/09 by silent thunder]

The best post I've seen on this subject. It is just as wrong to label everyone a "homophobe" just because they disagree, as it is for anyone to say they hate all gays.

I lived/worked in the SF Bay Area for 15 years, so think I might have "seen it all", or maybe most of it with the parades, etc. If a person has been raised in a more traditional area and family, it should be understandable that people driving by a restaurant in the Castro and seeing through the window men sitting on other men's laps and kissing them might find that scene at least a little strange. After all, straights don't usually do that in restaurants. The gays/lesbians that acted "like everyone else" to the point where you really couldn't tell their persuasion were fine with me. There's a gay couple I hang out with at a local wine bar now and because they don't shove it down everyone's throat, it's like "so what?" - the same as they could say about me and my relationship. Then there gays and lesbians that feel they must change their clothes, mannerisms and voices to advertise that they are gay. Probably won't see me hanging out with them.

One thing I never did understand or get an explanation for was why in some (not all) gay/lesbian couples - if the point is that you want to be with someone of the same sex - one partner still assumes a traditional "masculine role" (clothes, voice, mannerisms) and the other one assumes a traditional "feminine role" (clothes, voice, mannerisms)? Maybe someone here can explain that ...

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dashar

so you're assuming all gays do coc aine and have wild multipartner sex?

thats sillly. most of the times i've seen people doing coc aine and having wild sex it was straight people.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Homophobe = Repressed Homosexual

Many conservative people have repressed feelings of homosexuality...

They lash out against openly gay people because they have so much anger and confusion.

It really is sad that so many people have been brain washed to think there is something wrong with them...

Here are just a few examples...

Top Five Republican Gay Sex Scandals

www.badmouth.net...

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by leo123

That only serves to piss off otherwise tolerant people - which is likely their intent.

Gays create their own problems.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by leo123]

This has actually been proven on the gay marriage issue. In several states, favorable (for gay marriage) poll numbers dropped when gays started actively campaigning to get the laws passed. In other words, the measures had a better chance of being voted in if gays did NOT participate in the campaigns.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
The best post I've seen on this subject. It is just as wrong to label everyone a "homophobe" just because they disagree, as it is for anyone to say they hate all gays.

When you accept the fact that homosexuality is not a choice you will understand why people say "disagreeing with homosexuality" is hateful.

It is like "disagreeing" with being black...

"I don't hate black people, I just disagree with who they are."

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus

Originally posted by centurion1211

When you accept the fact that homosexuality is not a choice you will understand why people say "disagreeing with homosexuality" is hateful.

It is like "disagreeing" with being black...

"I don't hate black people, I just disagree with who they are."

Once again - and pay attention closely this time - the comments I made and that I have seen elsewhere are about how some (not all) act, not who they are.

If people say they don't like the way some UK soccer fans trash stadiums when their team loses do we hate everyone from the UK, or even all UK soccer fans? Are we "britophobes" for not liking those actions? Starting to get why calling many people "homophobes" is using too broad a brush???

[edit on 10/29/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Well OP to answer your question...

First gay guys are good looking even the ugly ones somehow manage to look good.

Second- gay guys are very neat for the most part...scary neat.

Third- gay guys have an innate sense of style! pretty scary if you ask me.

Fourth- gay guys can cook...really cook.

Fifth- for the most part gay guys are in terrific physical shape even the fatties somehow look as though they are in shape(see #1). How can that be? but it is and it's super scary!

Sixth- gay guys befriend an inordinate amount of hot women they do not want to sleep with! Truly frightening!

There's more but I won't go into all the scary details. But I think you can see that the more these characteristics are flaunted the more PRESSURE for us straight guys to be all those things for our women! D*mn you gay guys! (shakes fist)

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Some males are hateful of gay males because:
1. They are afraid of being raped: ( Basic thesis)
2. They basically have accepted a sexist ideology that states males have a right to women, and women do not have a right to refuse ( cite: traditional christian pauline beliefs, vatican commandents, other patriarcal religions& institutions. 3. They have internalized the belief that this other guy has a right to rape. 4. They are thererfore terrified that this other guy would rape them. Obviously no one wants to be raped. ( By definition)
5. Males live psychologically in hierarchy ( as opposed to women's internal minds which do not seem to require constant hierarchy.. ie who is stronger, has a bigger physical instrument. etc.
6. the fear of rape intensifies their "need" to see themselves as higher in the hierarchy .. so they immedicately start stating it. IE i am stronger, smarter, moral. Its' all a version of " I have value, you do not. I exist. you do not. Also as a side, many males do not have the social skills other people do. They do not easily make friends due to their constant need to be "bettter". Males culture does not seem to value niceness the way other people's (ie women's) does. Also, they have internalized/accepted that male centric sex is good without qualification. ( They are not accustomed to saying "no" forcefully the way that other people have.)
In short ,they may not know how to say, "no" and make it stick. They are afriad of being lower on the hierarchy scale. Also, they may have been raised by a father or other parent figure who enforced the " hierarchy scale" physically. ie beat them. They are physially oriented, still as adults, and do not live in the other dimensions of their full human nature Just some thoughts...
... Dignity, respect, and equality is the key to relationship. Best wished to all. All persons are different-not to be stereotypic, but as a generalization there are differences between women and men, their cultures etc. These are being researched. One DOES have to be careful. In difference parts fo the world, women TODAY are being killled for basically being women. Example: for being pregnant after rape, Gender difference has been USED>

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

This is about why straights do not like gays, not about whether you cannot accept mind control is real, lol.

Actually this thread seems to be entirely about your own irrational paranoia.

"Straights" don't hate "gays" is in the manner nor for the reasons you assert. Indeed, your assertion is completely new to me and suggests an odd obsession with femail reproductive organs not shared by anyone else.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I saw a crime show last night about "Gay bashings" that took place in Sydney in the early 1990s. What I watched made me feel physically ill. They were re-enactments, but the hate and venom these gangs of youths showed towards homosexuals was utterly disgusting. That anyone could treat another human being in such a manner is beyond me. But it is important to realise that this is NOT a black and white issue. You cannot lump all those who seem "homophobic" in the same tennis court as these thugs.

There are many people who oppose Gay Rights and the glorification of Homosexuality as a craze. Most of these people that I know who fit in this category, and it seems most members on this forum who also oppose these things, do not hate, dislike or want to harm homosexual individuals. They still want to be friends and keep in contact with them because at the end of the day it is their character and personality that matters far more than who they have sex with.

I know it may seem hard to refrain from labelling people as "homophobics" because they dislike and do not support homosexual ideals, but do try and remember that it is not simply a "pro" OR "anti" issue.

[edit on 29/10/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Gay men don't disgust me. It is completely their choice to be gay and they are free to do so. I even have one gay friend.

However, i start to feel disgusted if the gays have some kind of "show-off" in public like walking hand in hand kissing and grabbing eachothers private parts, just as i would if it were straight couples doing that #. There are social rules you should follow.

If a gay man touches me (has happened) and won't believe when i say keep your hands off, that is not my cup of coffee, then i will surely turn homophobic and bet the faggot up (this has not happened to me thank god)

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Actually this thread seems to be entirely about your own irrational paranoia.

"Straights" don't hate "gays" is in the manner nor for the reasons you assert. Indeed, your assertion is completely new to me and suggests an odd obsession with femail reproductive organs not shared by anyone else.

This exactly what I thought.
Totally bizarre

[edit on 29-10-2009 by unicorn1]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

One thing I never did understand or get an explanation for was why in some (not all) gay/lesbian couples - if the point is that you want to be with someone of the same sex - one partner still assumes a traditional "masculine role" (clothes, voice, mannerisms) and the other one assumes a traditional "feminine role" (clothes, voice, mannerisms)? Maybe someone here can explain that ...

Simple answer: Opposites attract.
It doesn't matter if its a straight relationship or a gay one, its the same principle.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

Yea it is from Samcro haha, I missed the episode on Wednesday so I was pretty angry but they always repeat on Friday night =) But this thread has really gone too far...it's 9 pages of pretty much the same thing, its starting to give me that gay flamboyant vibe now

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
This is actually quite easy to answer, and the answer works well in most plugged in scenarios.

Man fears what he does not understand.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join