It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would the idea of a gay man frighten other males so much?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

I saw the post and I thought we already covered that, suppression/actual behavior traits. And as for the hormone argument, scientists are still unclear on what causes sexual orientation/behaviors associated with it.

But outside of that they have a vague idea of what part hormones play in forming gender/gender roles but they still dont know how much is biological and what is not. But I can assure you there is no research that states, in recent science, that girls like girly clothing and boys like adventure.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by acmpnsfal]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Shall i say this slowly for you, i am not on tablets, i have known that i stunbled across the fact they use electronic mind control in schools in 1992. Do you understand if i say it slowly.

I'll say this slowly: I never said you was on tablets

If you choose not to understand that this is real, thats your problem, but everyone knew about this was being done to me at school, and that for the rest of my life since, i could not take a dump in peace without people knowing about it.

If you care to slowly start a thread about this mind control I'll happily rip your story to pieces there. Otherwise it looks like its just going to be "my problem"

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

Hypothetically speaking here then...

If you said to me, "why have you all of a sudden completely changed your posting stance on ATS XXXN3O?"

I say to you, "Get out my face you homophobic pig and talk to my hand bitch!!"

What impression would that leave you with?

It would most likely make people think that I am a nasty person or something similar.

I on the other hand would think the world was against me anytime people asked me about my change and that they are homophobic.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Shall i say this slowly for you, i am not on tablets, i have known that i stunbled across the fact they use electronic mind control in schools in 1992. Do you understand if i say it slowly.

Everyone who knows me, knows i cannot do anything in private, not anything. I have been monitored with this stuff for at least 17 years now. Do you understand me, this is fact not part of your these things do not exist in our world rubbish.

If you choose not to understand that this is real, thats your problem, but everyone knew about this was being done to me at school, and that for the rest of my life since, i could not take a dump in peace without people knowing about it.

Man some of you have no clue about what really goes on in this world, lol.

Did i say that slowly enough for you?

No need to be-little the person, i think he ahs some valid questions as i do for you.
You say:
" i have known that i stunbled across the fact they use electronic mind control in schools in 1992. Do you understand if i say it slowly."
You saying it slowly does not make it a fact, can you simply tell us why it is a fact? That would help us understand your point.
also:
"I have been monitored with this stuff for at least 17 years now. Do you understand me, this is fact not part of your these things do not exist in our world rubbish."
How do you know you have been monitored for 17 years? Do you have any other proof beyond your word?
and finally:
"If you choose not to understand that this is real, thats your problem, but everyone knew about this was being done to me at school, and that for the rest of my life since, i could not take a dump in peace without people knowing about it."
So what your eluding to here is that you have no pirvacy and any actions you take people become informed of them? So people come up to you and say hey "Joe" (dont know your name) heard you went to the corner store the other day? Wouldnt the people who keep hearing about all aspects of your life be part of the mind control puppets? How else would they know if they didnt have ties to the people who were apprantly watchign you all the time.
You know you may very well be being monitored i dont know but a bit more than just "take my word for it" is needed for me to believe anything.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal

I saw the post and I thought we already covered that, suppression/actual behavior traits. And as for the hormone argument, scientists are still unclear on what causes sexual orientation/behaviors associated with it.

Well we did but never really got to the bottom of it, I don't know I could be wrong but I honestly believe these camp gay men can control their behaviour.

Why they act that way I really don't know but its saying something when other gay men say they can't stand it either.

With regards to sexual orientation it definately is still unclear, as I said its the whole nature vs nurture argument.

It's always been thought that Testosterone increases aggression and males have higher levels than female thus making them prefer more aggressive pursuits etc but we could talk about this all day and not arrive at any solid conclusions.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Well I only read the first few replies so far....

My best friend is a gay dude. Love him to death, and I know what he's been through.

It truly makes me even more disappointed in society to see some of the most bright and accepting people in the world, be treated like they are scum. It hurts me a lot.

Maybe I don't feel intimidated by or hateful toward gay males because I'm female.... And honestly, you could get your point across without insulting females...imo.

I think you are a perfect example though, that not all gays are accepting of everyone, and maybe have treated others a little less than respectfully themselves.... Not all, though. Like I said, you'd be the only example of this that I have seen. Why insult others, while wondering why you are treated this way?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

So if i can talk to my doctors about this, and i am not on tablets, why are they letting me sit here free to talk about it. If this was bull, my docs would of forced me to talk all the medication they can to keep me quiet.

But no, everyone who knows me, i cannot do anything or think anything, to myself. These are facts, i have to seem to explain to so many people on the net.

If you do not think i am right thats your problem, but i can openly talk about this, and my doctors know there is nothing, get it nothing wrong with me.

You said i have mental illness, no i just found out about this, and if my doctors shrugged there shoulders and say what can we do, what can anyone do nowt, because i do not. I may talk about weird stuff, but i openly talk about what this society did to me. I do not need condescending people on the net who know nothing of the world, to tell me, something is not real, when it is real, just that they are ignorant.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

That is the difference between me and you. If I asked you that and you reacted that way I would think, "ok, hes thought it through and changed his mind. But hes a little upset right now, I dont know whats going through his head, i'll leave him be so he can think some more and talk about it later"

However, if you did change your stance why would you think the world was against you? I mean you never stated any reason why you changed it so of course people are going to wonder. If you stated your reason and were attacked I could see the "Oh the whole world is against me"

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

"But no, everyone who knows me, i cannot do anything or think anything, to myself. These are facts, i have to seem to explain to so many people on the net. "

Why are they facts? this is the only part i dont understand, well that and the transition between being monitored and being controlled, but ill settle for the facts on how you know this.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

We could argue about hormones until next year and never get to the bottom of it. But just because campy men are disliked by gay men and straight men does not mean they are doing anything wrong. They are just being who they are. I mean there are probably straight men and campy men who hate other groups. This world is full of in-groups and out-groups. And I think its all ridiculous, we need to move past this.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by acmpnsfal]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

So if i can talk to my doctors about this, and i am not on tablets, why are they letting me sit here free to talk about it. If this was bull, my docs would of forced me to talk all the medication they can to keep me quiet.

Thats the beauty of the internet, anyone can make any unsubstantiated claim.

These are facts

Maybe you should explain the facts so I can get a better understanding of just exactly what you think is happening to you?

You cannot simply come out with some outlandish claim without proof or even explaining/elaborating.

If you want to start a thread to talk about it then I'll happily participate and listen to you have to say.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I do not have to tell you anything, you can press the ignore button. You not knowing about this stuff, means your just ignorant, and thats your problem.

Thats just the way it is.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

I simply do not understand the association between campness and being gay and quite honestly I think that people put it on for attention, some men are more feminine than others but the camp-like qualities are a step too far for me.

Okay your gay but you don't need to change your whole behaviour to let other people know.

The naturally more feminine men who are also gay I do not have a problem with.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Great post
Its something i have noticed over the years too..the hatred/fear of gay men, but as another member mentioned earlier here, the men who have a problem with gays rarely if at all, have problems with lesbians!
I have never understood the problem to be honest, my closest friend/brother type figure since childhood is very openly gay (though on the more masculine side) he has absolutely picked up some jerks in his time, but hell heteros do too lol.. I remember how bad it was though in highschool when everyone found out his orientation.. before then he was on the football team, the drama and debate club and was really very popular.. that changed instantly it seemed the minute he 'came out' to where he was constantly assaulted, threatened, and all around hassled over it.. even by a few teachers!!! All i can think is upbringing... many were brought up in homes with christian parents and those parents were/ae absolutely against homosexual relations, so of course thats got to get passed down to the kids.. ignorance helps nothing either..

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

I do not have to tell you anything, you can press the ignore button. You not knowing about this stuff, means your just ignorant, and thats your problem.

Thats just the way it is.

I never said you did have to tell me anything. No your right I don't know what your talking about, maybe you should educate me?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Ok so what would you consider more feminine without being campy? What is the cut off point where you say "oh that guy moved past feminine and is now campy?"

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
ANDY 1033!!!!
Hellooooo
id like to be ackowledged!!!
How are we supposed to learn anything if you wont tell us anything?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Quite frankly if a man is "hemophobic" it doesn't mean he is gay, it means that he doesn't want anyone to think he is gay. Somehow in our society or in our way of thinking we perceive ourselves as we think other people perceive us. He doesn't want anyone to think he is gay. That doesn't make him gay, that only means he knows that he doesn't want to be shunned, he doesn't want anyone to think he is less of a man, because then he won't get the girls. Guys have this thing about proving themselves. They think they "get the girls" because they are worthy, not just lucky. Every happily married man should consider himself lucky. If he is worthy, then he has to be constantly proving himself. Every human being is everything God made him/her to be. Worthiness is just a distraction. But the gay thing is a club. No one is born gay. People either get "recruited" ie molested as children or they talk themselves into it. I met a girl on the bus who decided to tell me, just because I was sitting next to her, that she had made the decision to be gay. She had just decided that the system was rigged against her so she would defy the system and chose to be a rebel. Terriffic.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
i dont have an issue with gay people but gay parades, really tick me off. if you want to be gay dont parade down the street in a big float. kids could see that stuff.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I have been hit on by a few gay guys and its not that scary or hard to deal with. Usually the response is the same, "thanks for the compliment, but I am straight." Then they usually go along their way and I continue on mine. As long as they aren't harassing you there really isn't any reason to not get along.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join