It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would the idea of a gay man frighten other males so much?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by theBLESSINGofVISION

I assure you, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
(SNIPPED)

[edit on 2-11-2009 by asala]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
8 Flags - 14 Pages + 1 star for the initial post = A topic without substance.

If the OP doesn't understand, by now, that there is more than one reason why some hetrosexual men do not feel comfortable around homosexual men, trust me he won't be listening to anyone with a half intelligent post after this one.

Stop wasting your time

nwodeath You're not going to last too long on this site...

[edit on 3-11-2009 by Koka]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
I am on another board ta the mo, and you get the usual, gays are disgusting in threads. I wonder what is it about gays that really trouble straight males?

Is it
1) The idea that males, do not like female private parts?
2) The idea that males may fancy them in some way?
3) The insecurities in side themselves to protect there hetero feelings?

Personally i think alot of straight males, do not like the fact that absolute gay males, do not like female private parts. I really think thats the most important reason why straight males just do not like the idea of gays.

Alot of gays would find the idea of straight sex disgusting but no one ever says it, we just hear that gay sex is wrong, and disgusting. Looks like the majority runs the show, yeppy.

What do you guys think, about this, and whats the real, reason why you people think straight males hate gay males so much? Personally i think its no1, but of course there are lots of bi males, who can have sex with both males and females, but i am talking about all out gay males.

[edit on 10/28/2009 by andy1033]

Troll

This post was to do nothing constructive but to stir the pot.

I dont agree that homosexuality is natural...but that is my own opinion (one am am fully allowed to have), how that effects my acceptance of gay people is zero.

It is not my place to judge you or force you to change to what I want...I accept gay people with no discrimination or bias..

Now if the same can be said of my heterosexuality and how I am allowed to think and what I am allowed to believe...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Straight males... truly straight males... don't fear or hate gays in the least.
It's the ones that know that deep down they too have those feelings and their own self-loathing gets directed toward gays. You'd never hear a straight male say that gays choose to be gay either, because they know they didn't choose to be straight.

The ones who do say it's a choice say that because they CHOOSE to not act on their natural impulses.

These behaviors are to cover up their own sexuality in an effort to convince others (and even themselves) they are straight, or simply creates for themselves a target besides the man in the mirror upon whom to heap their hatred.

No... straight men don't hate gays. But secret gays do.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I have no problem with gays.
In fact I think more males should become gay, then while they're occupied with each other, I'll be available for the women

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

I am talking about men who are outright hostile and anti gay. Not someone who isn't.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by HankMcCoy

IF and when I get around to it. It's not a raging priority. It should be searchable with dogpile.com, however.

I came across it posted on FREEREPUBLIC.COM

I'm annoyed enough that the intro to psych book I teach out of has a list of lies about it all.

The "PC" mentality distorting facts & reality with brazen lies really annoys me to the max.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123
Straight males... truly straight males... don't fear or hate gays in the least.
It's the ones that know that deep down they too have those feelings and their own self-loathing gets directed toward gays. You'd never hear a straight male say that gays choose to be gay either, because they know they didn't choose to be straight.

The ones who do say it's a choice say that because they CHOOSE to not act on their natural impulses.

These behaviors are to cover up their own sexuality in an effort to convince others (and even themselves) they are straight, or simply creates for themselves a target besides the man in the mirror upon whom to heap their hatred.

No... straight men don't hate gays. But secret gays do.

1. To say that there aren't any 'truly' straight men that hate homosexuals would be as silly as saying that there aren't any closeted homosexuals that act out in the ways you described.

Also, why wouldn't straight men say that it's a choice? Even in your scenario, a straight man would not have had to make a choice to be straight, as straight would be the default and homosexual would be the deviance, or choice.

2. Your post demonizes homosexuals and says that all of their problems as a group come from within. I bet there are many men in this thread that would disagree with you, including myself.

3. Religion. Suffice it to say that this is another angle that you have not taken into account. To many people care what God says, and to many people God has said its naughty.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Link to source please.

Deny ignorance.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by Death_Kron

I am talking about men who are outright hostile and anti gay. Not someone who isn't.

Okay fair point and I'll agree that its a possibility.

However, I'm really not for this "people who hate gays are gay themselves" argument.

Why would someone hate, for want of a better phrase, their own kind?

Surely, homosexuals whether closet or not don't hate their sexuality?

I will agree though and say there is a possibilty of that happening because they feel ashamed possibly or embarassed about their sexuality?

It would be interesting to hear from a homosexual who wishes they were heterosexual although I doubt anyone will come forward because like I said if that were the case then theyre probably most likely ashamed or embarassed.

I know people have come forward and said it would be easier if they wernt gay because they wouldn't get the abuse and ridicule.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I've read so many stupid replies to this stupid thread. There have been some smart people, who have weighed in but haven't given their own point of view, which is probably the best thing to do in these circumstances.

Why is it so important to understand why SOME people might not like gay men? It's completely redundant. Each person has their own reasons. It's like asking why some people don't like black people, don't like balloons, run from spiders... for each person, even though it may be a "phobia," the feeling is different.

As a gay man, I couldn't give a damn if some or the majority of straight men hated me, though, I know for a fact it isn't true. I don't give a damn because I have awesome friends, most of them straight (I actually only have two gay friends and they're lesbians). I'm not so obsessed with the "gay community" that I feel the need to convert everyone into gay-lovers. But more to the point, I like the fact that everyone is different. Why do we all need to believe/think the same way?

And yes, there needs to be tolerance, but I think there already is. If I were to stand up in a Western Australian pub and kiss my man, I'd sure be expecting a beat down. Should I be expecting it? Who cares. I just know I don't need to kiss him there. What would be the reason to kiss him there other than to cause a stir? As it goes, I don't like public affection at all, whether it's gays or straights or dogs or possums.

This thread is redundant and has become quite insulting to both straight people and gay people.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The daftest thing I read in all this thread is in the first post 'we hate gays because they don't like female privates' there may be many reasons for different people but I have never heard that one befrore nor have I ever thought it.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Originally posted by HolgerTheDane

Originally posted by intrepid
***snip***
Funny that straight men don't have a problem with lesbians though, isn't it?

Nothing weird about that. We are both interested in the same thing

I keep saying the problem straight males have with gays, is that gay males do not like females privates. It is not anything more than that.

You see you answered yourself there, that straight males do not care about lesbians, but only gay men.

Thread answered, and i think i was proven right.

Nothing proven.
You are deliberately focusing on female private parts to an extent, where you can't even spot a bit of a joke.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I think most men who "hates" gay people have been taught to hate them.

Intolerance is ripe in our societies and I'd hazard a guess that those who hate gay people also hate other groups of people.

I was kissed by a gay man when I was young (and rather intoxicated) and although he kissed like a vacuum cleaner it never made me hate gay people and I can't think why it should.
I dislike the thought of gayness but they are just people. Like all of us are.

Some men like playing pool and some men like other men. Get over it.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I have to post here.. I wanted not to, but I am compelled.

First, I am straight and I am not fearful of gay men and I think your assumption of most men being fearful, is flawed. They may hate (a small small percentage) but they aren't fearful or scared.

I personally think that homosexual acts are disgusting.

That said, I have no ill feeling towards gay men, none whatsoever.
I would consider any to be my friends, welcome any into my family, accept anyone who "came out", vote for Gay marriage and generally support anything anyone wanted to do. Gay means nothing to me.. I could care less what someone else does with their life, it's theirs, not mine.

But I'd be wiling to bet you're focused on my bit about "disgusting" aren't you?

I think that's half the problem, redefining hatred to fit into your own definition. That and the ridiculous need for acceptance.

If I think gay sex is disgusting well then I MUST hate gays right?
I must be a bigot? A hater? I think that reasoning is seriously flawed.

I get a little grossed out when I see two guy kissing and I'd probably puke if I saw anything more than that. It's just not natural to me. But I could easily be great friends with either of those two guys.

I don't have to "like"a particular lifestyle to accept the person.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by gormly]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I am against homosexuality. Being gay (male or female) is a mental problem. Akin to those who get their kicks molesting children, or anything else unnatural. All animals are biologicly programmed with the desire to reproduce. If you have a sexual appetite that does not lead to that end then something has gone wrong somewhere. It doesnt matter whether what you do is harmful to others or not (although that does obviously make the acts worse) it is still wrong as it is against the natural order of things.

Put it this way. If everybody was straight the species would continue just fine. Whereas, if everyone was gay, our species would be gone within a hundred years... Without any scientific intervention of course.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by alpha-erectus

I'll just say, there a lot of people conditioned by friends/family/public/religion and are against homosexuality. Even myself brought up mormon felt a huge fear for drag queens and fem gays until a time where I was in a situation I had to question the world and realized I was judging people I have nothing to do with.

Why would you or anyone judge someone else's personal interests?
Go as far as to say it is unnatural? When you have this many gay people in the world, unnatural suddenly becomes normal. To say gays are unnatural now, would be to say that chinese are unnatural, or europeans are unnatural - that different cultures are birth defects etc.

edit: I do understand what you're saying about natural order of things. Humans are really an exception to natural..

[edit on 3/11/2009 by nightrun]

[edit on 3/11/2009 by nightrun]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
To be brutally honest, a lot of homosexual men are overtly offensive on purpose, and are more deviate, and more sexually active, perverse and extreme than most heterosexual men.

It's almost similar to the way gangs behave...in a passive aggressive way of course.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I do personally believe its what we were taught and learned as well as observed from our surroundings, like our friends and family, and that one straight male might feel as if the gay man might make a move on him or feel hes going to check him out and just that image is disturbing to the straight man or that other people like friends and or family might find out that a straight man was chilling with a gay man and that they both might just be gay. It all depends on the people and what country's, because some countries have more acceptance for gay pride, ex. Canada is full of all sorts of different people and everything seems to eventually get accepted and people speak up. Ware as a country ware arranged marriage happens it would be uncalled for. So to summarize it all up, it depends on the people,country and how we were raised as well as our by our friends.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join