It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Squatters Rise Up!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Hello all,

Greetings from Prison Camp Europe.
I hope leaving lurk mode will be all I hope it to be.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
So are you a squatter? Whats your present location? Nationality?

Would give us an idea why you would start such a post, unless it is just to get to 20 posts!!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfie_UK
So are you a squatter? Whats your present location? Nationality?

Would give us an idea why you would start such a post, unless it is just to get to 20 posts!!!!

This was my concise introduction to ATS.
Sorry if the title is misleading, I did not expect it to show up anywhere other than the introductions forum.

My location and nationality are moot at this point, although I can tell you that I am in Europe. And yes, I am a squatter.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by Squat4Life]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Well are you in Europe having come from outside of Europe, is that why you are a squatter?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
hi, welcome to ATS.

squatting is an interesting lifestyle choice, can't see the attraction myself.

the fact that you used the word "moot" suggests you're from the UK, moot

[edit on 28/10/09 by pieman]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
No, I am European by birth. I squat for political reasons, as a protest against all who get rich by leaching on the housing shortage, and laws placing property rights in a position of higher importance than basic human rights and needs.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Thankyou for your welcome.
I hope my future posts will help to broaden your knowledge concerning my lifestyle and the lifestyles of those like me.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Squat4Life

Hi there. How long have you been squatting? Are you with a large organised group, or just a few individuals?

I live in Scotland, different laws. When I was living in London I saw quite a few large squats.

As I remember, it was kind of encouraged in local housing associations, so long as the property was being well looked after, as it kept it in better states of repair until the association had the funding to bring it up to a standard suitable for rental.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by maya27

I have been a squatter for about 3 years now, and in my current country of residence the squatting scene is well organized and quite big. We tend to help each other when we occupy a building.
As soon as I reach 20 posts I will be posting a very important message concerning not only squatters but most people on this forum and outside it. So please watch this space (I will link to the post in this thread).

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Well then i guess you have to be from Holland because of the recent squating ban.....

Anyway welcome to ATS.....but why start two introduction threads???

Peace

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Great, will keep a look out for future postings from you. I am linking my teenage son to some WWOOFing projects here in the UK. I hope this will develop into him becoming more involved and aware in sustainable living, Organics and make him more politically clued up. Also it's a good way for him to travel round Europe and meet like-minded people.

We look forward to future threads from you.

top topics

join