It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100% Failure Rate

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

why is it then that the usps cannot turn a profit when companies by your assertion which are less productive and reliable seem to be able to do so>?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Many of you are right, government actually works as a mediator between society and conglomerate greed. And Obama is trying to socialize some private sectors because simply profiteering of some alien monsters on our blood is intolerable. Some drug companies, for instance, a couple of years ago increased prices for certain drugs for about 1000 per cent. those drugs were to be used to help newborn babies with heart arithmia or spasms. `Ovation` company makes a drug `Cosmegen`, which jumped in price from 16$ to 593$ in one year. they also make a drug Indocin 4 which skyrocketed from 136$ to 1875$ in a year. Questcor makes a drug named Acthar which leaped from 1650$ to 23269$. Are these companies making business, or are they simply using the desperation of young mothers who would give away anything to save their baby? now you clearly see that capitalism works only for substitute items, or items which you have a choice not to buy.Whenever corporate sharks feel that you don`t have a choice to refuse from the service, they increase prices endlessly.that is how you get a 300 dollar tooth photo and a 3 dollar calculator. guess what will happen if utilites were run by private companies. the biggest bidder would buy them out and prices would skyrocket for one simple reason- you can not opt for anything else. that is why governments always should have strong hands on indispensable items and services, while allowing free market capitalism only in sectors where items have substitutes or are not first necessity items. look at education system in US, the greedy universities and Colleges still increase the entrance/admittance fees although the economy is going south. You think I am talking bull, but let`s see how the US governmet will realize that there won`t simply be enough skilled workforce, for universites charge too much. How do yoy expect a Walmart nation where every other parent is a salesclerk for 8 bucks an hour to pay for their kid education? The same # already hit fan when the Us was `going Walmart-level- skill- and -hourly-pay` while house prices went interstellar. I think the next bust will be commercial real estate. after that education business will collapse.( how do you expect parents to put their property as a collateral for tuition fee ( loan)if their property will be worth almost nothing ?) And how do they plan to pay it back having low paid service jobs? Skills for bills. ( this refers not only to a family economy, but to the country as well.)

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

I have never been able to understand the pure hatered the alturist have towards capitalism.
I have found no better definition of capitalism than that by Ayn Rand
4. The ideal political-economic system is laissez-faire capitalism. It is a system where men deal with one another, not as victims and executioners, nor as masters and slaves, but as traders, by free, voluntary exchange to mutual benefit. It is a system where no man may obtain any values from others by resorting to physical force, and no man may initiate the use of physical force against others. The government acts only as a policeman that protects man’s rights; it uses physical force only in retaliation and only against those who initiate its use, such as criminals or foreign invaders. In a system of full capitalism, there should be (but, historically, has not yet been) a complete separation of state and economics, in the same way and for the same reasons as the separation of state and church.

by following such a system government remains within its consitutional limits and free men are allowed to acheive all that their abilities can allow them to;

my kind of system/

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Exactly where is the money that will cover Medicare and Medicaid and are you aware the new plan is to cut Medicare by 50 billion? Please post where this money for Social Security and Medicaid is as nobody else seems to think it exists. Where is the lockbox and exactly how much does it contain. When did Congress pay back all these funds they took out and spent? I missed that? Not even the DNC denies these entitlement programs are in deep trouble.

There is no more money!!!!!!!!!!! The piggy bank is empty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read the Congressional Annual Report on Finances (CARF), you'll find the money tied up in liquid assets. Enough to pay the National Debt 6 times over. The deficit reports they show you are lies. Since these reports fail to show the liquid assets of the US. If any part of a statement is false, the entire statement is false. That's how truth works and that's where your money went.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Advancedboy

your premise has a little hole in it.
I can choose not to buy the drug. I can or i can help or find others who can produce it cheaper and therefore provide competition which will bring down prices.
I can not pay for their elec. generation but buy or design or invent my own which is cheaper. I can then sell it to others for a profit thus becoming rich.
capitalism! the other white meat!

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by PhyberDragon

I am sorry but again your arguement is built on a false premise.
the US government by law does not hold liquid assets that are capable of being sold to pay off foreign or domestic debt.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
phedreus- if you were a mother of a newborn baby, you wouldn`t have a choice not to buy the drug, believe me. as it was almost the only one in market dealing with this specific type of issue. And you are naive to believe that other companies will simply mushroom if the prices are high. Did you seee a lot of gas stations mushroom when the gas hit 4 bucks a gallon? And your idea of designing and building and selling cheaper is even funnier. Look lexus is selling a 80 K hybrid, why you or Detroit not build a better and cheaper one and wipe the lexus out? Uhm, IYou forgot such things as resources, brain power, expertize and long term investment. There are currently zero US based Tv set manufacturers. What a market to expand! Why not build a Zenith -reborn OLED?

[edit on 08.15.09 by Advancedboy]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I mean your either pushing for the republican party or not. Theres not way around it in my opinion.... unless theres a third party the tea-party protesters have in mind? We just need clarification as to whos going to assume all those Dem seats... if ya'll aint republicans??

You presume that ANY opposition to status quo must be "party based." That is only because you have in fact sold out to that mentality. If someone is not "D", then they MUST be "R" in your mind, small as it might be.

You sum it up quite well, though:
"There's not way around it in my opinion...."

You don't understand (just as the Obama DOJ doesn't) that a principled candidate can be NON partisan! The DOJ is fighting elections in S.C. and GA for non-partisan ballots for exaclty the same reason as you - FEAR.

jw

(Nice signature. Where'd you steal it? "Boondocks" 11/3/88, or 12/4/04?
Has about the same amount of truth as your posts.)

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Advancedboy

we all have choices to make. private charities, ect it would be the same as needing an operation that cost 100 of thousands of dollars and not having insurance. just because you have a need does not grant you the right to have it fulfilled. If the operation or drug had never been invented you would die anyway.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Phedreus

Because they don't charge as much. It is not meant to make a profit. It is to provide a service.

that and they have a lot more overhead to deliver mail to every single person in the US and then some, every single day. Teh other companies don't have to deal with the letter carries.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by PhyberDragon

thank you dragon. I get so sick of people complaining about the deficit, when they have no clue how it all really works. It is vastly complicated. It is not a bank account, money in and money out.

We are not going to be paying this for generations. The debt was much higher after WWII then it is now. It is investments and assest and bonds. This isn't someone writing a check. And people need to stop getting godsmacked over it.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

they cant even make payroll. And they were set up to show a profit, just as amtrack was suppose to. when gov. gets involved it invariable leads to waste, fraud, and innefficency. medicade, medicare, ssa, veterans services, amtrak, usps, schools, why even the simple cash for clunkers program wound up costing us 24000 per car. The simple fact is that our fed. gov. was not setup to do these things, in fact the constitution was written specifically to keep them out of these kinds of messes. private enterprise is was and will always be better than gov.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I have a question. how can you say that the debt the US currently carries is less than that of wwII? current debt plus interest on that debt now tops 17% of the gdp!!!. I would really like to know just where the US gov. has liquid assets that it can use to pay off this debt. what are they going to do sell florida>? Rent out the white house? We have indentured our children and their children to the point that they would have to pay 80% taxes on their incomes to simply make the interest payments if we keep this up.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Great find Blaine! Starred and flagged.

The problem with Congress is that their thinking process is demented. If a normal person hits their head against the wall and it hurts, they then stop hitting their head against the wall. However, when Congress hits its head against the wall, and it hurts, they say "We have to KEEP hitting our head against the wall until it stops hurting". Sounds like a joke, but I'm dead serious.
They believe that if a government program fails, they just need more government programs to make it succeed.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phedreus

I have a question. how can you say that the debt the US currently carries is less than that of wwII? current debt plus interest on that debt now tops 17% of the gdp!!!. I would really like to know just where the US gov. has liquid assets that it can use to pay off this debt. what are they going to do sell florida>? Rent out the white house? We have indentured our children and their children to the point that they would have to pay 80% taxes on their incomes to simply make the interest payments if we keep this up.

The debt and deficit number is somewhat misleading. You have to remember they are raiding social security and other 'lock box' items on a constant basis. If I were you, I'd watch this YouTube video if you haven't. Keep in mind the data in this is a year+ old, so the situation is even worse now.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Actually it is 66% of the GDP. (don't have a heart attack on me) but around 1947 it was 121%.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I have a question. how can you say that the debt the US currently carries is less than that of wwII? current debt plus interest on that debt now tops 17% of the gdp!!!. I would really like to know just where the US gov. has liquid assets that it can use to pay off this debt. what are they going to do sell florida>? Rent out the white house?

Can't do that. Clinton already tried that when he rented out the Lincoln Bedroom.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Actually it is 66% of the GDP. (don't have a heart attack on me) but around 1947 it was 121%.

I don't know where you are getting your figures from, but currently, the national debt is virtually 100% of GDP.
Here is the nationaldebt clock, up to the second, and updated every second:

www.usdebtclock.org...

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

That clock has about the fraction of the information that is needed. Most likely contrived by a person who still thinks the national debt is a checking account. Just like how they have a specific number of illegal immigrants. Because that is countable.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

That clock has about the fraction of the information that is needed. Most likely contrived by a person who still thinks the national debt is a checking account.

So why don't you educate us? Pray tell, what information do you believe we need?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join