It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100% Failure Rate

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
Failure or success are simply a matter of perspective.

Totally agree.

It seems they think a combined government is better.

If that is not the case, then they are SERIOUSLY corrupt. I mean, more then what they already would be.

Or lastly, they are just that stupid...which I know they are not. These people are actually very smart - and know what they are doing. So until you recognize your enemy, you will not fare well.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by FritosBBQTwist]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I too am highly fearful of the man we elected into the U.S highest office. What has this man ever done for this country that was remotely good before his running for election? Even his winning as govenor was fishy because his candidate 'dropped' out of the race due to 'family issues'.

Another thing that worries me, whether it's sensible or not, is that this country was founded by George Washington and the president before Obama was George Bush. If there is anything regarding the beginning and the end, to me that would be the biggest sign.

The Healthcare Bill, isn't even what scares me the most. This man has secrets up his sleeves that we as mere civilians can't even fathom. Where he comes from, nobody knows. Who he really is, nobody knows. It's like sticking a question mark as a picture for the 44th president. Really, nobody knows who this man is or what he truly looks like.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Um... some institution lasts for over 200 years, and you call it a *failure*? I don't think so. Broke != failure.

As for social security, blaming it for "failing" is like blaming me for being broke, after I was robbed at gunpoint. Well yeah, if you steal my money, sure I'll be broke. That doesn't make me a failure.

Same with many other programs. If you steal the money to pay off rich people, eventually they'll go broke. The money in these programs often doesn't reach the intended beneficiary, but gets sucked up by greedy politicians helping their buddies ger even richer.

But yeah, if we keep letting these guys rape us, we sort of deserve what we get. So, what are you doing about it? Are yu writing your congressman, trying to get someone voted in (or voted out), trying to put forth sane ideas to help ourselves dig out of this mess? We do have to "wake up", but we also have to take action to try to make changes, raise consciousness, and get some good folks into office (and bad ones out of office).

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
My theory is take it as it comes.

Yes we know things are headed into the wrong direction.
.. But lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Should you be worried? Yes. Fearful? Probably not; not yet at least.
Until something major happens I don't think we should freak out.
Like the OP stated, we have a lot of things broken in this country. Does that mean we should stop remaining hopeful? Of course not.
All we can do is stay informed and up to date, the true power isn't even up for grabs by the politicians, yet we elect them anyways.

The true power resides in the hands of the American people. The more who are awake the better.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

Oh not another one, read this thread if you still believe their is money in some magical bank account somewhere in the Bahamas.

Social Security Medicare = Largest Ponzeii Scheme Ever

Oh, and I see SG is on this thread, will not even return any posts that way.

reply to post by Rockpuck

Something has to be done, but the Powers That Be (2 parties) are so ingrained and powerful, so much money, promises, power and influence.. honestly, what CAN be done?

Star and quoted. We have to remove all our current reps from all parties. But the dem side is still blinded by their partisanship. They can have their party break every last one of their campaign promises and still back them.

reply to post by MrXYZ

Try to keep up, quit your partisanship obfuscation. This is a government rant, not the dem's beloved leader.

OP S&F keep opening their eyes. Did anyone notice the governor race where some well known; former republicans are backing the third party? candidate?

I JUST HAVE ONE QUESTION? WHERE ARE ALL THE WAR PROTESTERS NOW THAT THE DEMS CONTROL ALL THREE BRANCHES OF GOVERNMENT?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Don't you just love it when the "Left Wingnuts" get in here and beat you up

GREAT POST!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Artephius Abraxas Helios

you must live in a dark cave. everything you read was right. just go to the US debt clock.

US DEBT CLOCK

now tell me that social security isn't broke. it has a 14 trillion dollar defeceit. it was suppose to be put in a lock box and kept for the people that paid into it.
BILLY CLINTON saw a pile of money he could use for his party agenda,and STOLE it from us.
and i can tell you , there is no joy in living on 1100 dollars a month.
by the way,that doesn't count prescription drugs,or medicare.
they really screwed the pooch on that one.

now the post office:

USPS DECLARES BANKRUPTCY

fannie and freddie speak for themselves. not to mention countrywide.
you need to look up mortgage default swaps. you will find the biggest ripoff of the USA that you will ever see!!!!

i can't believe that many people on here don't really know whats going on.i can almost guarantee that the stars you got were from obamatrons under 25. you have been ascimilated!!!

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Spectre0o0]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quazze
YOU can't do a single thing! YOU are slave to the cause! YOU will continue to follow their rules and regulations! YOU will continue to celebrate birthdays, Christmases and Halloweens! YOU will (hopefully) live a long and fruitful life .... then YOU will die!

Well said, everyone should find a CAUSE in their life and let NO ONE tell you, "you can't do that!" We spend our lives living in traditions we ourselves never created, whether good or bad. Don't be a salve.

Publius Syrius "A wise man will be master of his/ her mind, a fool will be it's slave."

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Excuse me, but what cave have you been in the last several years ??

You must have a government job.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Artephius Abraxas Helios
Ok, let's see here:
Cash for clunkers went "broke" because it was successful beyond their imagining.

Medicare and Medicaid help have helped literally hundreds of millions of Americans over the years and continue to do so today.
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac have helped millions of Americans to buy homes, the private market is one that lead to the bubble and its ultimate bursting.

The USPS is one of the most efficient examples of mail delivery the world has ever seen. Social Security: Come on now, are you really saying you want you or your parents or grandparents to be denied Social Security because it's a failure as well, or are you just playing partisan politics?

Oh wait, don't answer, that was a rhetorical question.

Your facts are wrong, your arguments weak, your conclusions questionable, and your methods are patronizing to those of us who think for ourselves. Might I suggest you come back and try again after a little nap?

cash for clunkers cost the american tax payer 24,000$ per car. We could have given each of the people a free car for less than that.

Medicare and medicade are trillions of dollars in debt, and the programs are unsustainable at current levels. Program cost have gone up in excess of 40% over the predicted cost. Quality of care is abysmal and more and more doctors are opting not to handle medicare pat. because of paperwork and delayed or under payments.

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac allowed people without the means or the responsibility to buy overpriced homes contributing to the current mortage crisis. The community reinvestment act, forced banks and freddie and fannie to issue notes that they knew would never be paid.

Social Security currently has a debt of 74 trillion yes Trillion dollars. 2010 will be the first year that ss will pay out in benifits more than working americans pay in. This program also has been cited as unsitainable at current levels. If a person had taken their ss taxes and invested them over the 30 to 40 yrs they work at just a 2% return, they would have been able to retire at 55 and lived comfortable until their death with money left over to go to their children.

The USPS cost per volume is over 30% more than UPS or Fed Ex. even with government subsidies.

In each and every case we find that the federal government does a dismal job of running such programs. The reason is very simple. Government was not enacted to create and run programs like these.

Your facts are wrong, your arguments weak, your conclusions questionable, and your methods are patronizing to those of us who think for ourselves. Might I suggest you come back and try again after you learn to think RATIONALLY!

-Peace
AAH

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Phedreus]

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Phedreus]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ImplausibleDeniability

He was seen walking and carrying the following book in his hand.

So while it might be said that the muslim that wrote that book
describing the end of America can be taken out of context.

I offer that with what little time the president has he could
read book that offer ways to fix the country, not describe its end.

Carrying it openly in public where there is press basically says
he doesn't give a damn, or is making a statement.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

These are not facts. They're opinions and assertions. If the government didn't do anything right, life would be a hell of a lot worse than it already is. You think unfettered capitalism is perfect? It has some advantages but in it's pure form we'd be insignificant cogs in a huge cold machine and our standard of living would be in the pits of destitution.

Thank St. Ronnie for getting that deregulation ball rolling. He set our course amid much populist cheering, and we've finally hit the tree.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Spectre0o0

Be careful, you’re messing with a self made rocket scientist that makes more than you! He will only discuss the issues with you if he feels he is winning. Otherwise he resorts to name calling to avoid the issue. Since you don’t agree with him, you’re obliviously a toothless redneck too.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Anytime I see something attacking the post office as an example of a failure, they instantly lose any credibility. The post office is one of the few shining examples of how government could work. They are completely self supporting and one of the cheapest and most efficient postal services in the world.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

As someone who used to do $500,000 worth of shipping a year, the postal service is the best in all areas. They are the cheapest, quickest, and rarely was anything broken. I can't say that about other companies. I onloy use the postal service for personal shipping.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
BH beat me to it but I am going to continue the list of what the government does well. since so many are agreeing with some silly email.

FAA
DMV
911 Commissions
NASA (lunar landing)
CDC
The national park service is unrivaled.

Like BH said, our interstate system remains unrivaled.

People mock medicaid but medicaid is caring for the people that insurance companies won't. How many lives has medicare medicaid saved?

How many families would be bankrupt taking care of elderly?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
After reading several sources and getting a better idea about the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) there is one thing that seems to be clear. Its biggest problem is government bureaucracy that interferes with operations and profitability. If it was able to run more like a private company, I’m sure it could be profitable. Of course that only proves the point that the government is the biggest problem in “government” programs!

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phedreus

Just a friendly warning, when and if Artephius Abraxas Helios replies, he will avoid your points and attack you for not quoting properly. I did the quotes and it appeared ok in preview mode but didn’t appear right when I replied. He will also point out he is self made and that he makes more money than you! Oh, one other thing, you have just been added to the list of toothless rednecks.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

I couldnt agree with you more. Decades of an agenda to make big gov. As in " Atlas Shrugged", it is a blueprint to break down the current system & create the new. We are in too deep to even stop it.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandletlive

lucky for me my self esteem in not dependent on his acceptence. lol
secondly It would surprise me greatly if he did earn more than I do as I sold my business and retired at 53 recieve royalties and capital gains on investments and proprietary property and have no long term debt.

on an aside
ss number should read 17 trillion dollars in debt

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join