It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No men OR women needed: artificial sperm and eggs created for first time

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

No men OR women needed: artificial sperm and eggs created for first time

www .dailymail.co.uk

Eggs and sperm have been grown in the laboratory in a breakthrough process that could change the face of parenthood.
It paves the way for infertile men and women, including those left sterile by cancer treatment, to have children that are biologically their own.
The ground-breaking research also raises the prospect of a 'miracle pill' that staves off the menopause, allowing women to wait longer to have a child
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
oO

those who [snip] with mother nature will get bitten in the [snip]

this is the ultimate expression of genetic engineering - who needs parents when a baby can be `grown` in a vat , and each cell programmed - that will only be a matter of time now , since , well you can allready customize how your baby will look , from eye and hair colour to gender.

its not really a big step to the next level - and this is showing the `benefits`.

www .dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit- Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
So without requiring parents governments can pretty much birth entire petri dish armies and raise them to fighting age in a perpetual training.

Clone wars. Nice. Who needs robots?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Good, another way scientists have found to screw with God´s creation.
Wonder if they´ll use them as slaves or they´ll train them to go to war?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Yeah thats what the world needs. Parentless babies born and supported by the state. Sounds like a sci-fi nightmare to me, a bunch of government owned souless babies that grow up to be the soldiers of the NWO....

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Sounds something like GATTACA. Personally I think they've been doing it for years now.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I keep saying as the lone voice in the world, that one day there only will be one gender on earth.

Technology will replace an awful lot, but of course society has to keep going, so tech will move slowly.

So your generation, may be one of the last, not sure how many more, to have sex, lol. I wreckon it could happen with a few hundred years, or probably thousand to be more realistic.

Sex and violence are linked, and the only way to make violence go away is to get rid of sex.

Plus do not say, that its impossible.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Makes you wonder about that DNA bank they've been building up over the last few years, doesn't it?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheIrvy
Makes you wonder about that DNA bank they've been building up over the last few years, doesn't it?

yeah it does..smh

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheIrvy

Too right, they will able to pick who they want to breed, and it will have nothing to do with you.

The world of tomorrow who knows, but one gender here we come. A much more spiritual human race.

But of course non of us will see it.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Wow...what fertile imaginations you guys have.

Pun intended!

Am I the only one who thinks this is amazing news?

I say screw God's creation, the world we live in is deeply flawed and heartbreaking. If we can make it better in any way, we have an obligation to do so.

This is amazing news! Can't wait to see what new medical breakthroughs come out of this research.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
I keep saying as the lone voice in the world, that one day there only will be one gender on earth.

Technology will replace an awful lot, but of course society has to keep going, so tech will move slowly.

So your generation, may be one of the last, not sure how many more, to have sex, lol. I wreckon it could happen with a few hundred years, or probably thousand to be more realistic.

Sex and violence are linked, and the only way to make violence go away is to get rid of sex.

Plus do not say, that its impossible.

First of all I disagree with you when you say that sex and violence are linked and that if you eliminate sex you would eliminate violence. There are so many more reasons why people turn to violence other than sex.

I would say the religion causes more violence and suffering then anything else on Earth. Even if you eliminated religion people would find other reasons to fight each other. Its in our nature..

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Why would we want to get rid of sex? It is one of the few things in life worth anything. Violence also has a place in human behavior. What would you do without violence when some animal came up and tried to eat you. You would just try to pet it while it was chewing off your leg.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

You misunderstand me, when males are castrated, they turn very passive, like how they nuter bulls.

I am not talking about people have sex are violent, they know the sexual energies, are linked to urges to commit violence.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImplausibleDeniability

Wow...what fertile imaginations you guys have.

Pun intended!

Am I the only one who thinks this is amazing news?

I say screw God's creation, the world we live in is deeply flawed and heartbreaking. If we can make it better in any way, we have an obligation to do so.

This is amazing news! Can't wait to see what new medical breakthroughs come out of this research.

*STAR*

I was hoping someone with a working brain would say something so I didn't have to be the only one.

Come on folks, this is a great piece of technology. How and why do you think all those big evil men in governments are out to get you? Do you not realize that all those big evil men were people like you before they became big evil men out to get you and take away your genitals so they can make a super clone army to destroy us all and only leave the big bad evil men left in the world? Whatever happened using are heads?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
That's just great!

We.just created another group of people to hate.
Pretty soon we won't be able to call them the "C" word,
...er, C for CLONER, of corse.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Is this the same as cloning?

Not long ago I came across a website that does testing for paternity and they asked for dna of the supposed parent/parents.
I also found a website that asked for your dna to trace your family roots.

I can just imagine how many babies could be "created" with all of this dna...

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Look just because some people have trouble getting some doesn't mean the rest of us should give up sex. If you want to see violence watch me not get some for a few weeks. I turn into Satan. If you want to get castrate and make babies in a jar knock yourself out, but I kind of like doing it the old fashion way.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by GilligansSkipper

Funny, i wonder who is going to be right, in a few thousand years.

You know i am right.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I guess we will see. I have a feeling evolution has a way of weeding out the weak and chances are making babies the way the OP stated will become illegal, because it is unnatural.

I hate to say it but you are in the minority. Most people, men and women, love sex and having their own children the old fashioned way. Most women go through a stage where they crave to carry a child and men from the ages of 10-12 on crave to spread their genes to every decent looking woman they meet, even some undecent looking ones.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by GilligansSkipper]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join