It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curry spice 'kills cancer cells'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
they also put salt in it as well

Natural mineral salts, though, I would imagine, not the processed stuff you buy at Wal-Mart.

I encourage people to look up how sugar and especially "enriched flour" are processed as well.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I read many articles on tumerics benefits on various organs earlier this year. Have been incorporating it into dinner meals ever since. I feel much better doing so. Can tell that my liver function has improved by the darker color of my...I'll leave that part out.

S & F

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
And for every one cancer prevented by eating curry, a thousand more result from the bowel and anal irritation it gives rise to.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
For some reason, like the pharmaceutical corporations need to make more money, ayurvedic knowledge has been ridiculed or simply ignored for many years.

I for one am going to up my turmeric intake, just in case

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

India has one of the highest cancer rates in the world

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Although it's great that we all know now whats been hidden from us, colouring in food turns your insides yellow (if its yellow tumeric). Is it good to have it everyday?

I remember a couple of years ago when looking at my tongue in the mirror i had tons of tumeric on my tongue and i'm sure it went right a way down my throat... i wasn't sure it was such a good thing so i stopped having it so often.....

Anyway spicy stuff is good... it keeps bugs away me thinks although i didn't know about this cancer thing....

[edit on 28-10-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
That should be an easy enough hypothesis to prove. What's the cancer rate in India?

According to this article, it's very high.... I can't say anything about the source.

nitawriter.wordpress.com...

-rrr

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tmayhew01

Still lower than the cancer rate in the US by far.

We have far more cancer patients here in the US, despite having only 1/3 or 1/4 of the population of India.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I thought that it was sporty spice that killed cancer.

No wait, it's one of the other spices.

I sure know they kill brane cells.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

reply to post by sos37

Can I get a link to back that statement up pretty please?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by vermonster

reply to post by sos37

Can I get a link to back that statement up pretty please?

People, read the thread....

I posted all of this information on the first page of the thread.

India has one of the highest cancer rates in the world, but US cancer rate is far higher, and the US has far more cases, despite much less population.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

HERE IS THE CURE FOR CANCER! IT WORKS AND I HAVE SEEN A LOT OF PEOPLE CURE THEMSELVES OF TERMINAL STAGE 4 CANCERS OF ALL TYPES. IF YOU USE "MIRACLE MINERAL SOLUTION" YOU WILL BE CURED OF ALL DISEASES, EVEN THE ONES THAT ARE SUPPOSEDLY IN-CURABLE. YOU WILL ALSO NEVER GET SICK AGAIN, AND YOU WON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT ANY OF THE HARMFUL EFFECTS OF THE VACCINES.

THE CURE IS HERE!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

Just google it there are several

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Great news. I have been using curry/turmeric daily for years now with my food. I am not even Indian I just like spicy foods, I mix it with a number of other spices.

You also might want to investigate how an enzyme in Southern Copperhead venom can attack and kill cancer cells as well. Also there is a scorpion (I forgot the name) that an enzyme in its venom attacks and kills cancer in the brain. I recall seeing and reading about this in the late 90’s early 2000’s, yet now it has went quiet.

Raist

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a quick report
www.scgcorp.com...
As India becomes more modern / westernized rates are rising. As emigrants to other countries, after a generation, their cancer rates rise.
Must be something in the food, probably not in the water.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
In rats:

Systemic administration of curcumin [1,7-bis(4-hydroxy-3-methoxyphenil)1,6-heptadiene-3,5-dione] (20 μg/kg body weight) for 6 consecutive days to rats bearing the highly cachectic Yoshida AH-130 ascites hepatoma resulted in an important inhibition of tumor growth (31% of total cell number). Interestingly, curcumin was also able to reduce (24%) in vitro tumor cell content at concentrations as low as 0.5 μM without promoting any apoptotic events. Although systemic administration of curcumin has previously been shown to facilitate muscle regeneration, administration of the compound to tumor-bearing rats did not result in any changes in muscle wasting, when compared with the non-treated tumor-bearing animals. Indeed, both the weight and protein content of the gastrocnemius muscle significantly decreased as a result of tumor growth and curcumin was unable to reverse this tendency. It is concluded that curcumin, in spite of having clear antitumoral effects, has little potential as an anticachectic drug in the tumor model used in the present study.

Tumor inhibition by Turmeric in Rats

In mice:

The anticarcinogenic effect of dietary turmeric on benzo[a]pyrene-(BP) induced forestomach neoplasia and 7,12-dimethylbenz[a]anthracene (DMBA)-induced skin tumorigenesis in female Swiss mice was evaluated. To further elucidate the mechanism of antineoplastic action of turmeric, its effect on the hepatic cytochrome b5, cytochrome P-450, glutathione, and glutathione S-transferase activities was studied in female Swiss mice. Turmeric (2% or 5%) in the diet significantly inhibited the BP-induced forestomach tumors, and this response was dose and time dependent. The 2% turmeric diet significantly suppressed DMBA-induced skin tumors in mice. The 5% turmeric diet for seven consecutive days resulted in a 38% decrease in the hepatic cytochrome b5 and cytochrome P-450 levels. Glutathione content was increased by 12%, and the glutathione S-transferase activity was enhanced by 32% in the liver. Our results document a protective effect of turmeric on BP-induced forestomach and DMBA-induced skin tumors in mice.

Chemopreventive effect of turmeric against stomach and skin tumors induced by chemical carcinogens in Swiss mice.

Thought these might help since the OP showed results only in petri dishes.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Doctor G

Don't forget that a lot of the fumes we breath in causes all kinds of damage to us.... may take a while but it certainly has an effect... it's like if you put your head right next to a car exhaust and breath in the fumes you will get funked up pretty quick so imagine breathing in fumes on a daily basis while walking to work or whatever... even in factories you will get black soot up your nose, in your mouth and even in your ears....

Ok, i know this has nothing to do with tumeric but the article you gave sights cancer increases and i'm thinking maybe it's the now 'developed' India (which they say not me) with all these Industries & cars and what not that is causing a higher rate of cancers!!

I could be wrong but it goes with the flow so to speak

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I've heard that spices, such as Tumeric, Cloves, Cinammon, etc... along with many herbs, have amazing health benefits IF they are not irradiated!!! Once they are irradiated the health benefits plummet!!! Codex Alimentarius and the FDA want to irradiate ALL herbs & spices. . . for our own benefit (so they say)!!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Great. Now curry will be outlawed in the USA. Damn. And I liked curry too.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
That should be an easy enough hypothesis to prove. What's the cancer rate in India?

And if you do get an answer to that maybe someone can advise how the hell you get this stuff your of your shirt.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join