It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh no!!! shtf right now!!! Nuclear attacks on the USA are happening!!!... (this is just a drill)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Electricity out too? I live far enough away from those areas, so hopefully I can play my Xbox and listen to some music. If not, that is what my phone is for.

Then I would probably hang with some friends and do some crazy stuff.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Hi.

I play computer games, and have for some time. I started a long time ago, with a game called Everquest. I went on, after 6 years or so, to a game called World of Warcraft. After a few years of that, I went to a game that had been out for a while, called Everquest II.

I know, by now, you are asking yourself, your wife or your cat/dog what does this have to do with this thread?!

Well, let me go on a minute more.

One of the common themes you will find among computer game players that played Everquest I is, they have fond memories, they want to recapture that feeling. They want back that special feeling of something new, unexplored, challenging. think people feel this way about their first MMORPG, regardless of which one was their first.

Don't believe me? Log on *any* computer game and ask in the general chat channels about people from Everquest I. You will get flooded with reminiscing thoughts about that game, and how it "was the best game EVAH!"

The reason I went through all of this in response to your thread is this.

People want to recapture what America was, what life was like when it was hard. The simple life, in some regards was more pure. It was long hard hours working sun up to sun down.

There were less complications, less opportunity for corruption. America was wholesome, the dirt on our hands was real from working the fields and farms. Manual labor, a hard days work for a few dollars.

People were more genuine, children really were raised by the village, and sparing the rod was really believed to spoil the child. People worked hard for what they had, and were proud even if they were poor, because they had earned what they got. They trully deserved everything they had, because they had earned it. People walked the streets without fear, left their doors unlocked.

The way I see it, we are reminiscing about our Everquest I. We want it back the way it used to be. That down home simple life, the purity, the lesser corruption, and a feeling of security and trust.

So many have lost it, some lost it before 9/11. Some lost it that day, and some lost it later, but this is a nation that has drowned in the negativity, mistrust, and corruption.

To actually have people *wishing* something like this would happen is indicative of this. I have never in my life seen a more positive sign that what this country desires the most is a return to fundamental goodness and wholesomeness.

I have to tell, you whether a bomb drops or not, I don't see it happening. A lot, *lot* of people would have to die, or undergo life altering changes for it to happen. Too many people are dependent on the government and everything they envision she does for us.

Too many people are from the entitlement generation, that refuse to partake in the blood, sweat, and tears. That has already been proven in statements made in this thread.

Honestly, I don't see a return to this type of fundamentalism unless bombs were dropped on a lot more than 3 cities, maybe 30.

Point being, we cannot return to the past. When light is shined into a dark corner, once you have seen, you cannot take it back. What we would create would be new, and nothing like the old times.

I guess what I am trying to say is, be careful what you ask for, you may just get it, and it may not work out just how you think it will. There is no going back, only forward, and depending on who leads in those times, forward may not be a great thing afterall.

I hope this makes some sense, sometimes I know what I am feeling but have the hardest of times trying to communicate that point effectively, but for those of you who "get it", I think you will agree.

Everquest I is what is is, but that old feeling can't ever be recaptured. It is time to let go of that, to mourn it's passing and move on. I don't mean Everquest I, I mean the way it was, and is - in America.

She died. That's a fact some refuse to admit, or to feel, or to give in to. But, a fact nonetheless.

If you want to take the Nation in another direction and "fundamentally change the path" of this great Nation, then take the steps to do so, but wishing something like this is surely not the way to go, because chances are the same people will still be in power, and you may not like that road either. Then what?

The worst thing that would happen is the fundamentalists will challenge and outright kill the entitlement crowd, because it will be a fight amongst neighbours, and even down to families if the worst case scenario were to happen. Do you not see, there will be no place to hide?

Even the most prepared "survivor" will have to expect to commit a murder. Whether it be in defense of property, food, water, or loved ones, that's a fact. Until they are in that situation, most cannot answer how they will react, or if they would just give up.

The thing is, most of the people here may know, it wasn't that America was so pure and perfect, we probably just didn't *know*. I seriously doubt there has been some huge increase in child molestations,(except per population) we just hear about it more through media. Print, television, radio, Twitter, You Tube.

It is all a perception issue, and the first step for any of the people that may read this thread need to take is to mourn the loss of what they wish to return to, and to move forward, and to make this life what you wish it to be. That is, if they haven't mourned already. There are stages of grief, and if you aren't familiar with them, check it out.

Regardless of your political party standings, if you want a certain thing, then vote for it. Even if it crosses "accepted pary lines". This ceased being about politics proper a long time ago, and people need to let go of that political angst, and work together. Work for it, so maybe - just maybe this scenario won't really ever happen.

I will leave the readers with one final thought. Was Everquest I really all that great, or is it just your perception, your world view?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I'm watching events unfold on tv from 3,000 miles away.

The European Union has aired a telethon to aid the charred, irradiated Americans. The sum raised, thirty one euros and a bent quarter, has been wired to President Obama's secret fallout shelter 6,000 feet under Neverland Ranch. Pledges of support from foreign leaders has been overwhelming. British Prime Minister Brown, visiting the Neverland bunker, pledged his support for the USA & presented President Obama with the tablets on which the ten commandments were written, Hitler's body and the keys to Great Britain's first lunar colony (est. 1936). The President, graciously acknowledging the gifts, presented the PM with a Hershey Bar and $10 worth of Costco coupons.

Pat Robertson has blamed the attacks on homosexuals. John Lear has said the attacks never happened at all, instead blaming holograms beamed from Uranus. Billy Crystal and the kids from High School Musical are performing a "pick me up" concert live from ground zero in Washington, with Saint Oprah handing out self help books to the cremated fleshless skeletal figures.

The nuclear terrorists were believed to be hiding in a cave in Bongolandistan. Obama sent in the B2 bombers to retaliate, unfortunately a programming error in a 25 cent computer chip resulted in Beijing being nuked and a remote farm in Ghana being sprinkled with M&M's. Speaker Pelosi is now sponsoring a bill to compensate Ghana to the tune of $178 trillion dollars. The White House (now renamed "The Charcoal House") has announced a financial stimulus package entitled "Shopping : It's the American thing to do".

On ATS the Americans blamed the rest of the world. The Europeans blamed the Americans. The Jews blamed the Muslims, the Muslims blamed the Jews, the Christians sat on the fence, the Scots pardoned the bombers, the French ran away and the Australians got drunk on lager.

Meanwhile the rest of the world looks on bemused at all these Americans running about on tv screaming "oh my god, oh my god, oh my god".

*turns the channel over**Baywatch is so much easier on the eye*

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Mmhm, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

I don't think there will be any nuclear bombs dropped as an act of war, in this century.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
ty Ulala

Thats the best thing I read all day!!!!

LOL neveland ranch
bet BO is there or been there for sure!

TY again

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I am on a search and rescue team and live in the Calif desert about 3 hour north of LA
I am also ex Navy trained NBC warfare, heavy rescue, mine rescue, and a firefighter/EMT.

I am going to the S&R building and prepare to go to a area just out side the radiation area to start decontaminating of people that survived and got out of LA.
Will do this till the radiation levels drop and its safe to move into LA and start searching for survivors.
I will carry a handgun just in case.
Food water and transportation will be supplied by the state or feds.
www.globalsecurity.org...
add to your survival gear a can of red spray paint
if you live in the radiation zone and plan to shelter in place basement or center of your house. mark on you front door that people are inside.
you will get found easier.

It would take 6, 1 mt weapons to kill everyone in the LA basin or about 30, 25 kt weapons placed just right.
www.fas.org...
www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

I'm glad you started this thread, makes one think..

Funny, but not much would change in my life other than not having to go to work.. I pretty much stay armed everywhere I go, (My Job) I live in the country and have a garden, I have a good stock of provisions and some very remote land in West Virginia..

I guess after a few days, I would start to meander my way to WV to start my colony..

(Actually I would have to work 24 hours a day to help other people, but the preceding was my dream to match your drill...)

Semper

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
If living in a small town one could:
Walk to police
Volunteer ie affirming on their side ( they have guns to protect)
Assess local situ.. Ex. Whose out? Is there crime?
Expect less looting then in city as people are already living closer to the land ( less need for food), and living in less income disparity

Connect with neighborhood watch ( neighborhood gun bearers- against social breakdown, looting, buring of homes)

Verbal expression: strong, calm " We are all going to make it. Hey, we can live with out tv and lights at night" attiitude. Wood fires in neighborhood backyards will help create less fearful attitudes. Neighbors share tea with others & help them keep/gain their senses/ minds.
If extended time, volunteer home for police purposes, better to share space and cook, than see home confiscated. ( or looted and burned) Police in this case, not being questionable outsides, but regular people trying to keep law, order and prevent death and destruction. Jut some thoughts for comments..

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
As soon as you open this thread understand that I am conducting a drill to see if you are prepared. Specifically Americans, but the whole world will be effected.

The following event has taken place:

Chicago has suffered a nuclear attack, followed by Washington DC, and Los Angeles.

If you live within 45 minutes of these three cities, chances are you just died, or will die very soon. (You should of moved away from the big metroplexes as a precaution... sorry, better luck next time.)

The economy has come to a complete stand still, so cash, checks, and credit cards are now absolutely worthless.

All Power is down across the country, so no telephones, internet, or television sets are working. All methods of communication are done by radio, which is the only reason you received the news of the event that just took place. (People who live on the other side of the globe, you guys are able to still use the TV and phone lines... but the internet is not working)

Right now, there is no law enforcement doing their jobs, because they too are living in the moment of terror and they are desperately seeking their own loved ones. But this is only temporary.

Okay... So this it.

It's Judgement Day.

There is no turning back, because the SHTF... and the system will be out of service for a very, very, very long time. You and the people in your community are officially on your own.

Were you ready? Do you know what your plan is? Does your family have a plan?

You feel comfortable with the amount of supplies you have?

Was this a bad day for SHTF because right now you have the flu or something like that?

Tell me what your next move is.

This is a test.

Mod Note: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on October 28th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

[edit on 28-10-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

well we are going to be okay here in Idaho...we are (would be) inderground with enough gear and all the needed things to stay there for a very long time.....

we'll come out after the animals have eliminated most of themselves by killing each other off.... till then we keep the kids there in school, continue to stay in shape, continue to grow our foods as needed, and continue to put to together a plan to rebuild after we come out in a year or two.... if possible sooner

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Holy crap. The Government already tried this 'drill' on us in the 50's
Many dug expensive shelters. They would have just been pre-paid graves
and if you did survive, what the hell would have been left on the surface to live for anyway? We screwed this planet up bigtime, so if this happens, the only regrets I have will be that our children never had a chance to blow out the fuse. We are all Bozo's on this bus.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
It's a drill?

Well kids you can stop hiding underneath your wooden tables, because you're nothing but kindling.

And when the all clear siren goes off, we can all go outside to the playground and MELT!!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Only Chicago and DC?

Fox News (Based in New York) and CNN (Based in Atlanta & NY) will run non stop coverage about the destruction.

Some government leaders will have been elsewhere and will be in full control. Efforts will be made to evacuate those still able to.

Life will go on.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Dasvedanya America.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

All Power is down across the country, so no telephones, internet, or television sets are working. All methods of communication are done by radio, which is the only reason you received the news of the event that just took place.
It's Judgement Day.

Well, I don't have a radio...and even if I did, with the electric off, I would not be playing it. So I would not have a clue. If I could not get internet....well, it's nothing unusual because it goes off on a regular basis. (I hear the co. has a big problem with water getting in the thingamabobs on the line.)

I suppose if all the electric went off and I couldn't reach the power co. to complain, I would just be waiting it out.

I probably would not know anything about it for several days. Maybe if I went to the 7-11 and heard the gossip or something. And then, I prolly wouldn't believe it. I would figure it is another false flag of some kind.

And I would really be pissed if internet was still down. I guess I would just have to take up bird watching or something.

I really don't see where it would greatly affect anyone until some time passes. Now that might be a different story.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Doomsday 2029 has the right idea with running mental drills from different survival scenarios.

As for all of you that have said that they would start by getting supplies or teaming up with others or planning your next move...

Your already too late!

Emergency prepping needs to be done in the good times. Plan now to survive!

Sorry to say this but anybody who didn't answer:
Step 1 - Open emergency documentation folder in supplies
Step 2 - Follow the plan
... Is going to have a rough couple of months.

Peace,

Timbo

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Life immitates art, the written words, etc.... I think you could be hexing us with your little test.
I dont approve.

My next move is to come rescue you DG, in the hopes that we can live out our remaining years, happily, amidst our Nuclear winter.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by Night Watchman]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
Holy crap. The Government already tried this 'drill' on us in the 50's
Many dug expensive shelters. They would have just been pre-paid graves
and if you did survive, what the hell would have been left on the surface to live for anyway? We screwed this planet up bigtime, so if this happens, the only regrets I have will be that our children never had a chance to blow out the fuse. We are all Bozo's on this bus.

why roll over and quit... the test of what you are really made of comes all about when this happens...preperations now will indee make life a lot easier....

everything is survivable... so if you roll over and quit...you are nothing.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Panic Sex.

No... I dont think I could tell you what I would do. Probably stay glued to the TV considering I dont live in the US.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Good idea. We need a drill. Get some exercise and stuff!

Seriously, another date of sure disaster possibly?

I think the world was supposed to end about three times just this month alone!

Anyway, this is cool cuz now I can wear my bio hazard suit to the party
tonight and it's a two fer!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join