It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh no!!! shtf right now!!! Nuclear attacks on the USA are happening!!!... (this is just a drill)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
As soon as you open this thread understand that I am conducting a drill to see if you are prepared. Specifically Americans, but the whole world will be effected.

The following event has taken place:

Chicago has suffered a nuclear attack, followed by Washington DC, and Los Angeles.

If you live within 45 minutes of these three cities, chances are you just died, or will die very soon. (You should of moved away from the big metroplexes as a precaution... sorry, better luck next time.)

The economy has come to a complete stand still, so cash, checks, and credit cards are now absolutely worthless.

All Power is down across the country, so no telephones, internet, or television sets are working. All methods of communication are done by radio, which is the only reason you received the news of the event that just took place. (People who live on the other side of the globe, you guys are able to still use the TV and phone lines... but the internet is not working)

Right now, there is no law enforcement doing their jobs, because they too are living in the moment of terror and they are desperately seeking their own loved ones. But this is only temporary.

Okay... So this it.

It's Judgement Day.

There is no turning back, because the SHTF... and the system will be out of service for a very, very, very long time. You and the people in your community are officially on your own.

Were you ready? Do you know what your plan is? Does your family have a plan?

You feel comfortable with the amount of supplies you have?

Was this a bad day for SHTF because right now you have the flu or something like that?

Tell me what your next move is.

This is a test.

Mod Note: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on October 28th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

[edit on 28-10-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This is a terrible thread idea...
I am sorry. Mods will probably remove my post but...

This is an open discussion forum.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
im in northern ireland, so im allright for now. but im sure it wont be too long before something happens here. probably a nuke in london or something

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

It's not the worst thread on ATS... I can assure you of that.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

i agrre, ive definitely read worse

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Thanks for scaring the crap out of me. I would probably not survive as I have nothing right.. Havent had the money to worry about surviving if SHTF, I'm too worried about surviving now.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Some things can't be prepared for without massive impact on lifestyle.

I'd rather live my life the way I want it to rather than live in constant terror of possibilities.

Does that make me an idiot? Some may say so...but I think it's a different form of madness to always be preparing for the absolute worst-case scenario.

I'll take my chances. Whee!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I would think since i opened this thread and the supposed "power is down" that I am unaffected by the nuclear blast.

I win your little roleplay game.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
My next move is to wait for the Sun to get the message that they are destroying the Earth with petty weapons, so lets do it, NOW GRBz FOR DIN DIN
. not even being sarcastic at all
HUMANS HAVE NO RIGHT TO DESTROY SO MUCH ANIMAL LIFE OUTTA THEIR OWN BELIEF SYSTEMS so yea AWAIT FOR THE NEXT SOLAR ENCOUNTER IS WHAT I WOULD DO.

[edit on 10/28/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Well I live near DC so I guess I'm dead... depending on the warhead used I guess... are we talking that one that's never actually been used with the like 45 mile radius or just a little itty bitty one?

and on another note I'd say I have enough to survive for at least two weeks and in the mean time I can get more supplies ;D just remember when the SHTF same rules apply as in zombieland so limber up everybody cause its time to run

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Hmm... Let's see. Chicago. New York. Los Angeles. These cities are all gone. Civilization as we know it has ground to, at the very least, a temporary halt; due to explosions obviously, and pulse effects, etc...

You are on your own for god only knows how long...

What's next? Many are going to panic. Panic kills as surely as a nuclear bomb...

So...what to do...what to do...

Get to shelter. If your not in those cities, or nearby, you've got a home to go to. Get there. Fill up anything that'll hold water...'cause sure as god made little green apples, rationing is about to go into effect. Water'll get you through the first few days, even if you haven't got food. Won't be fun, mind you, but you'll be alive. In the time, get yourself organized...not just you, your neighbors, your family if nearby, friends. Organize. Survival is easier with help. They might have food, better shelter, weapons (cause civil unrest of some sort is a given), and tools to help get all of the aforementioned.

Don't panic. Get to shelter. Organize. Don't depend upon the govt, or related agencies, they're gonna be, in all likelihood; too busy and swamped to be of any help at all.

There. That'll help get the thread going.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Why is everybody afraid of dying?
Life is much harder.
To quote Homer: "Dying would be a stone groove."

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Hmm I have not had the money to afford any precautions whatsoever. Interestingly, New York City is spared, and this means I get to live! (yay)
I would first organize whoever will stay into a large building, say the High School or what have you.

Then I would take inventory, and pool our supplies (food, blankets, medicine). Hopefully, there will be policemen/armed people with us, and they will send out squads to raid (loot) whatever they can that is necessary. This means taking all the meds at the pharmacy, all the food at the supermarket, etc... They should be fast enough to beat the other looters to the punch. Also, they'll go to the nursery and get seeds for potatoes and other plants. We'll plant these for food.

Thanks to a survival guide I have downloaded to my computer just for situations like this, I know how to get water, build shelter (unnecessary, since we have a building to live in) and get food. The canned goods will last us at least until we have grown enough foods to eat. And then we wait. Maybe the next rain will bring radiated materials into our crops. Maybe people will come save us. It doesn't matter, since we can hold out as long as we need to.

So thats my plan.

Of course, this could only work if the country really falls into chaos with the government unable to do a thing at all. If they kill Chicago, Los Angeles, and Washington D.C., maybe the effect won't be strong to me, it'd be like watching those videos of car bombs on the news: Sad, but I can still go about my life.

Also, whos to say that somebody won't launch our nukes at... everybody? This could just be the start of a huge nuclear war that will leave the planet surface barren, so what would be the point of trying to live?

[edit on 28-10-2009 by fleetlord]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Life immitates art, the written words, etc.... I think you could be hexing us with your little test.
I dont approve.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Don't take this wrong I do not wish harm on anyone!

But I did get a little excited, hoping that our war, economy, and many other problems had just went up in smoke...

Anyways ty for the eye opener and giving me 10 mins of feeling like a big weight had been lifted from my/our shoulders.....

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by briantaylor

I'm not afraid of dying.

I'm afraid of pain and suffering, and having to watch my loved ones go through pain and suffering.

Can you imagine: not only what that poor little girl that recently got gang raped felt like? I feel equally as bad for the pain and anger her parents must of felt.

I'm sure when SHTF, and it's pure chaos... The world will encounter situations far worse than this on a massive scale.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

OK, redneck will play along. This could be fun (and enlightening).

First, I am not near any of those population centers. No worry there, even about major fallout.

Electricity went out, but came back on again (there are several hydro-electric and steam plants within 100 miles of me). The radio is announcing future power outages, but for now the lights are on.

Cash is stored in a local credit union. I withdraw it all. That may tale a few days, but should be able to be accomplished in time.

While I am awaiting that, I check the barn and sheds for canned food to see what we have available. We already can go for at least two weeks on what's in the cupboard. There should be some potatoes and cans to extend that.

My biggest concern is water. We use a private well that relies on electricity. So I start collecting reservoirs and filling them between outages. At the same time I use this time to finish a couple of my projects, geared to providing some electrical energy.

If things get too bad with the electricity, I have a couple of large inverters. I use them to drive the well pump from car batteries, charged from the car.

Once I get some cash, I buy as much kerosene (heat) and gasoline as I can afford and can store.

Once I have the water, heat, and immediate food situation under control, I get in contact with the neighbors. Some of them have gasoline stores, food stores, and may even have some old mechanical water pumps. We work toward a cooperative so everyone has what they need.

I then arm myself and take a trip through the woods to town. If there is looting (which I would expect), I raid stores which have already been looted. The things I can use are not what most people want. I'm looking for rope, ammo, food, seeds, tools, etc. I am also looking for sources of kerosene, diesel, and gasoline that have gone unnoticed (especially if the credit union is completely inaccessible). I will have to make extra trips to get fuel later, but it will be easier if I know where to go. I should mention that I enter open space three times between here and town, and none of them are more than 500 yards.

Back at home, the cooperative sets up a perimeter to make sure any rioting and looting doesn't come out here. We effectively isolate ourselves from society until things level off. We survive by hunting, fishing, gardening, and helping each other. My forte is in making and repairing tools and equipment; others will garden, hunt, sew, etc.

Come summer, we transform the farmland into massive gardens designed not to grow exports, but to grow our own food. I implement my geothermal plans so we can have heat the following winter, and I finish the chickenhouse and stock it from neighbors chickenhouses. We all have eggs and meat that way.

The timing sucks, but I think I will survive.

TheRedneck

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

If you have any specific complaints feel free to use the ATS Complain/Suggestion feature located in the Member Center and get the full attention of the entire Staff.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

Mod Note (This Appears On Every Post Reply Page): AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts or simple "I agree" posts when replying to threads.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I"m in my armored SUV trying to pick up any signal on the portable HAM, radio, satellite, or any other thing I've got as I travel. So far it's all static.

I am forced to drive off road a bit to get around some traffic. It's a mess, but once I'm off the packed freeway I think I can get to my property in the hills where I have a hidden cave prepared as an underground base complete with solar power and a ton of supplies.

So far I haven't had to cap anyone. People are still in the stunned phase I suppose. I imagine panic will set in by nightfall. Once my vehicle is hidden inside the base we should be well insulated from trouble and safe. No one will be able to find us or break in if they do, but I have to wonder how much exposure to radiation we've already had.

We're going to find out...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join