It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

possible explanation of building the great pyramid in giza- excellent documentation-

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by spacevisitor

How about a really radical theory...not runners, but rollers.
Just shy of magic, I know...way out there...

Looks a bit difficult to me, because when you pull let say a 25 ton block as in PhotonEffect's case here, with a group of people uphill an 7 or 8 percent slope on rollers, you can’t have one second of rest to recuperate a bit, because when you stop the pulling it would rolled back again.
Or you must have a way to block that.
That would be even more difficult for the 60 or 80 tons blocks.

They are using sledges in the photo, not rollers.

If I am not mistaken I see two rollers on the picture below.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4b673b113dbc.jpg[/atsimg]

It doesn't take a 25 ton block to wedge a roller from backsliding. Ropes and pulleys could put scores of men doing the donkeywork...or hundreds?

If I am right, they had no pulleys then.

"The logistics of construction at the Giza site are staggering when you think that the ancient Egyptians had no pulleys, no wheels, and no iron tools.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 29/10/09 by spacevisitor]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor

If I am not mistaken I see two rollers on the picture below.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4b673b113dbc.jpg[/atsimg]

I think those two fellows are using round logs to push the sides of the track from spreading beneath the block...if that's what you mean.

It doesn't take a 25 ton block to wedge a roller from backsliding. Ropes and pulleys could put scores of men doing the donkeywork...or hundreds?

If I am right, they had no pulleys then.

"The logistics of construction at the Giza site are staggering when you think that the ancient Egyptians had no pulleys, no wheels, and no iron tools.

That could well be...but even so, I'd buy into a theory of undiscovered pulleys before I'd buy into a theory of undiscovered alien construction.

But, you know...that's just me.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The Egyptians had camels, bulls, and other beasts of burden. Why do all the attempts to move these blocks rely solely on human power?

[edit on 10/29/2009 by Sparky63]
The ramp theory seems to me to me to be the best theory. I don't think it really matters if it is on the inside or the outside though. I hope this mystery is solved in my lifetime.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
The Egyptians had camels, bulls, and other beasts of burden. Why do all the attempts to move these blocks rely solely on human power?

The ramp theory seems to me to me to be the best theory. I don't think it really matters if it is on the inside or the outside though. I hope this mystery is solved in my lifetime.

hey sparkey
i think it is a big difference. imagine the workers pulling stones inside the pramid or outside, in the heat of the day.
the one -ramp-theory IMO isnt working, because it was calculated that the length and volume of this ramp would have been enormous. More than the pyramid itself.
Dont forget, that ramp would have to had, on its full lenght, a certain ascent of degree, to reach the ascending working platforms from bottom to top of the pyramid.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by anti72]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

Apparently you have done a kneejerk reply to my post wherein I provided the links you need to answer those very questions you are posing to me.

You must study all the theories first before attempting even a premature judgement, or any attempt you make to sound well versed will expose your gaps in the knowledge. And in a glaring way to those who are well versed, I may add. For thy benefit

Also the fault I have isolated in your world view seems to have been ignored or flown completely overhead. As I have stated previously, in different words, to rob the ancients of their accomplishments is equal to, or the same as, and results in, the unrealized potential of the people in this age. Because, if we cannot believe we realized our power fully then, how can we realize it today?

Those specific ideologies promoting a codependent relationship with some mysterious invisible alien race only strengthens self helplessness. This does not mean aliens are not out there, it means we can do it by ourselves without their help. And this is what they are waiting for us to do.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas

Apparently you have done a kneejerk reply to my post wherein I provided the links you need to answer those very questions you are posing to me.

Well Matyas, I read your and my post again and I must admit that I misunderstood clearly the meaning of yours.
It was absolutely not meant as a kneejerk reply, but please accepts my apologies.

[edit on 30/10/09 by spacevisitor]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I seem to remember a theory that goes something like this...

sound waves can be used to render any object weightless.

with a speaker at each end of a stone , a very deep wave

is produced , and the stone within , becomes weightless .

I am sure NASA has repeated this experiment , but with

current technology , only an object the size of a pea , can be

moved .

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I most surely will accept it. I do appreciate what you bring to the thread, and have high hopes we can unify our knowledge base someday.

Main areas of GP study aspects are:

planning and construction
numbers and geometry
religious and philosophical
political and social

Regarding construction, which this thread is about, I have a gut instinct much more went on in the quarries than we are aware of.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas

Regarding construction, which this thread is about, I have a gut instinct much more went on in the quarries than we are aware of.

well, what exactly do you mean with this?´unknown´,´hidden´ technology?

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by anti72

Well, from all the theories, it appears we know more about putting the pyramids together than the methods of quarrying the stone. One in particular demonstrates after the blocks were sheared they were fitted together in the pyramids exactly as they originally were in the quarry. Like a giant jigsaw. It's called the broken vase theory. Then there is the issue of supplying all that stone with such a rapidity, with copper tools? I don't think so. Something is wrong, and I believe it is because we do not know enough.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join