It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mutated Swine Flu?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Bird Flu could only be caught from birds, it never evolved into a pandemic (which by definition is transmitted from human to human). The bird flu however did kill over 60% of sufferers so it is well worthy of note. The concern is that the bird flu and the swine flu will merge which is why threads like this are so important.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peter Brake
reply to post by dreamseeker

Bird Flu could only be caught from birds, it never evolved into a pandemic (which by definition is transmitted from human to human). The bird flu however did kill over 60% of sufferers so it is well worthy of note. The concern is that the bird flu and the swine flu will merge which is why threads like this are so important.

Well fortunately for us, "they" have not been able to successfully merge swine and bird flu and inflict it on the world - yet.

pwrthtbe - cool site that is now one of my favorites.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

You're very welcome tallcool1! There are RSS feeds that you can subscribe to that update even faster than the maps!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Update: Health Ministry Confirms 20 Lethal Pneumonia Cases In Ternopil, Ivano-Frankivsk And Lviv Regions

The Ministry of Healthcare confirms 20 lethal cases of pneumonia in Ternopil, Ivano-Frankivsk and Lviv regions, first deputy health minister Vasyl Lazoryshynets, has told at a news conference.

Ukranian News

Russian News Source

[edit on 10/28/2009 by pwrthtbe]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Wow since the story began it has grown from 7 to 20! Something weird is going on there maybe the flu is worse there from some reason. The Urkranine is a very cold country is it not?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Well, I am going to guess we are going to see more outbreaks like this..

Having looked at how the H1N1 has developed, and the speed at which this particular virus has been able to migrate across the species divide and known to infect pigs and poultry with the same H1N1 virus as seen in Humans.. (bare in mind that was all acheived within the first wave, which has my mind buzzing with suspicions)

So in my mind it is only a matter of time before further mutations occur, and to be honest I have been looking for markers such as this, to indicate where next mutation will occur.

I honestly expect and fear swine and bird flu will merge as this wave passes through Asia, since the prevalence of both in the same area would in my mind give a greater chance for that hybrid mutation to occur.

Still, in this instance H1N1 is being ruled out, it would be good to know what it is then.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Related Event?

Event Summary

A Russian and a Ukrainian sailor have been found dead in South Africa on a cargo ship run by a St. Petersburg-based firm, reported on Tuesday. The sailors were discovered dead in their cabins on board the Maltese-flagged Atlantic Eland. Investigators are looking into food poisoning as a possible cause, the Morskoi Bulleten (Maritime Bulletin) said. Two other sailors from the ship, with a crew of 28 Russian and Ukrainian nationals, have been hospitalized. A spokesman for Baltic Mercur, which owns the vessel, confirmed the deaths. "Police and health officials are investigating," the official said.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
FluTracker - H1N1 Swine Flu

In Western Ukraine from viral pneumonia in 22 people died
Two more deaths due to viral pneumonia registered in Ternopil and Lviv regions. Thus, the number of deaths from an unknown virus in the western regions of Ukraine has reached 22 people, the press service of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine. Almost doubled in the last day of the increased number of hospitalized. Hospitals are more than 130 people, of whom more than 30 in critical condition.

This is quite serious.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
And the strangest thing is that all this started AFTER the vaccinationprogram started.....Hmm

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Hi everyone!

I woke up today to some news I've actually been waiting for.
I'm from Norway, and norway seems to be a severe case in this influensa time with 13 deaths so far.... we are around 4.7 million people in this country, and sweeden have lost 2 people to H1N1 (they are around 9 mill) and 4 people after the vaccine. Danmark har lost 0 person (population 5.5 mill) And Finland has lost 1 person.

And the news today were... We are now looking in to the possibillity that Norway got a slightly different virus H1N1 then the rest of the world.... ???
As far sa I know they havent been obducting the peolpe that have died, but rather asumed that they died from H1N1.

Well my asumption is that this is just another scaretactick cause most people refuse to take the vaccine, and strangeliy enough IF they are right, the vaccine will do no use )

And then there is one more thing... It seems to me that all this mutation started AFTER the vaccination program started..

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I study in the med university in the western city of Lviv, Ukraine. Today our teachers were explaining that 4 people had died in the morning in the hospital aged 36, 37, don't know about the rest. Its really scary, people walking around with masks, everyone are talking about this. The neigbouring city is in lock down, school colleges including the med university is closed. The medicine stores have absolutely NO medicine to tackle this...dunno wats going to happen if I fall sick...in big time panic mode now...God have mercy...
AriS

[edit on 29/10/09 by asen_y2k]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
so what is happening in Ukarine isn't h1n1? Is it a flu?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
My teachers who are doctors said that it IS a flu, but may not be the H1N1, it is a new form of the virus, a mutated one. Tests for H1N1 were negative, and samples have been sent to London to determine the exact virus. I believe we will know in 10 days.

[edit on 29/10/09 by asen_y2k]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
www.mignews.com.ua...
Read this article this says it might be pnuemonic plague!

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Glad this thread is here, the other one is far too long for people to read to the end.
I don't know anything about swine flu. I do know that the influenza virus is not usually the primary cause of death in flu patients/victims. Dehydration or pneumonia are the biggest culprits. Pneumonia is a bacteria. Bubonic plague is a bacteria carried by infected fleas. Pneumonic plague is airborne - but still a bacteria. Anti-viral medications don't work on bacteria and anti-bacterial medications don't work on viruses. (Although I've always wondered if bacteria can carry viruses)

Since the pneumonia bacteria can kill people recovering from the flu, it makes sense to me that if pneumonic plague were in the area; it would kill people recovering from the flu. If swine flu attacks the respiratory tract more viciously than plain old flu; victims are probably more likely to come down with a bacteria or virus that thrives in the respiratory tract.

As an example: not everyone who gets the common cold has green snot a few days into the cold. A few do. Green snot usually means a bacterial sinus infection.
A quick check with a microscope will tell you if it's a bacteria or not. A culture will let you know what kind of bacteria it is - if it's a bacteria.
SO. If it's pneumonic plague, doctors can figure that out. The trick is treating patients for the right disease before they know what the disease is. Bacterial cultures take time.
Relax a bit and breathe (through a mask)

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by pwrthtbe
Here is another link that's way cool as well. It's just Epidemic Monitoring.

RSOE EDIS - Epidemic Monitoring System

You have to look carefully at the details because most of the icons I clicked are many months old.

it looks like an epidemic is spreading over the whole world with all those red icons but that just isn't the case

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Have you read the thread over at the breaking news forum...? Alot more info there

Number of Victims to Unknown Virus Growing in Ukraine

Apparantly there are TENS OF THOUSANDS of people with the mystery virus and quarnatines are in force

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Although the rapid tests weren't positive for H1N1, those tests generally only test for general type A influenza. If that's positive, then more specific testing for type and strain are conducted. The rapid tests aren't infallible, though. So since it will take over a week to get firm results, it's entirely possible at least that this really is simply H1N1.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join