It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox anchor admits "Lack of Balance"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Uh oh, it appears that Shep may be going "off the reservation" a bit.

As far as Fox-News anchors go, Shep Smith is, to me anyway, the least repugnant when it comes to the usually tilted perspective of the network, so I applaud him for acknowledging this "Lack of Balance"

Shepard Smith apologized for a "lack of balance" on a story aired during his Fox News show today. Reporter Shannon Bream was covering the campaign for governor in New Jersey when she snagged an interview with the Republican candidate Chris Christie, but when Smith asked her when she would interview the the Democratic candidate, and current Governor, Jon Corzine, Bream replied, "We have in multiple requests, and when it comes in, we'll let you know."

Smith then responds to her "Lack of Balance"..
Did you all notice her reaction, both facial and verbal to Smiths question, priceless.

"Wow. I didn't know that was about to happen. My apologies for the lack of balance there. If I'd had control it wouldn't have happened."

Multiple sources:

Source

Source

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The clips are cut too short to tell what exactly happened; granted, considering the sources, I'm not surprised.

If anything, the clips show Smith's OWN lack of balance, as he states that the polls show the Democrat is 'probably going to win.' The polls actually show that its a very close race and the Republican, Christie, is leading in about half, if not more, of the recent polls taken.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The fact that Shep felt the need to apologize for a Democrat who wont grant an interview to FOX speaks volumes.

Beck is coming on so strong I'm sure Shep felt the need to say something in case he can get a job at CNN...

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I knew it, I knew that there would be some prople on here criticizing Smith, I just knew it.
You guys crack me up.

Can you say "Predictable"?

On one of the all too extremely few times that someone from the propaganda arm of the GOP (FOX), actually admits that the particular segment wasn't "fair and balanced", you say that He's the problem.

This isn't some democrat or progressive or other liberal saying that the segment lacked balance, it was the host himself.

-Too funny.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
If there was ANYONE at Fox who would fess up....it good old Shep. I always enjoyed his reporting from "Studio B". Too bad he is on Fox, as I refuse to watch it. Maybe he will jump ship and go where the integrity is.

to Shep!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhetoric

Yes, and I'll say it again: on the basis of the clips you've presented, Shepard Smith is the one exhibiting bias for the reason I stated above.

On the other hand, there is no evidence presented to suggest that Shannon Bream's explanation is anything but factual. If Corzine will not grant an interview, what is she supposed to do?

[edit on 28-10-2009 by vor78]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
i think the dems are running from fox, so they dont get called out on national tv.

makes sense why the dem wouldnt even do the interview after MULTIPLE REQUESTS

and by shep saying that it wasnt fair and balanced was more directed at the dems, yet he stepped and said sorry for the fact they couldnt get the interview.

which is a half-joke half-annoyance. i mean. why should he apologize for a dem being a jerk anyways.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
If there was ANYONE at Fox who would fess up....it good old Shep. I always enjoyed his reporting from "Studio B". Too bad he is on Fox, as I refuse to watch it. Maybe he will jump ship and go where the integrity is.

to Shep!

You refuse to watch a person who you enjoy because of the network he is on?

That makes a lot of sense.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Origionally posted by vor78
On the other hand, there is no evidence presented to suggest that Shannon Bream's explanation is anything but factual.

True, except for her reaction, both physical and ver, ver, ver, verbal.

Clearly, I'm no fan of Fox-News, no surprise there I'm sure, but I just knew that there would be some people here that would refuse to admit that they're not "balanced", even when the networks own Anchor does admit it.

-Denial aint just a river in Egypt folks.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I see how well the Elites plan to divide a nation on the basis of news channel is going.

more power to them i guess

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I never claimed that they were balanced. I'm simply saying that on the basis of the evidence you've presented, Shepard Smith is the one who is exhibiting bias, not Shannon Bream, by misrepresenting the poll numbers.

If you have tangible evidence that Shannon Bream is lying and that she has not attempted to interview Corzine , by all means, provide it.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rhetoric
reply to post by vor78

Origionally posted by vor78
On the other hand, there is no evidence presented to suggest that Shannon Bream's explanation is anything but factual.

True, except for her reaction, both physical and ver, ver, ver, verbal.

Clearly, I'm no fan of Fox-News, no surprise there I'm sure, but I just knew that there would be some people here that would refuse to admit that they're not "balanced", even when the networks own Anchor does admit it.

-Denial aint just a river in Egypt folks.

He didn't admit FNC isn't balanced, just that one story.

Live TV can be a bad thing sometimes.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bored To Tears

Originally posted by Aggie Man

to Shep!

You refuse to watch a person who you enjoy because of the network he is on?

That makes a lot of sense.

Actually it makes quite good sense. Here is why (A Shep quote from the OP):

"Wow. I didn't know that was about to happen. My apologies for the lack of balance there. If I'd had control it wouldn't have happened."

He has no control over the "news" that is reported and how it is reported. Especially from the Fox "field correspondents".

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

There really isn't anything to comment on. He called out a journalist because he felt she didn't do a good job and apologized for it.

*snip*

Mod Edit: Removed personal reference aimed at another member.

[edit on 10/28/2009 by maria_stardust]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Fox doesnt give news anymore. What they do instead is deliver one line of something thats happening around the world then chat about it like a morning talk show not a news organization. And everyday I see at least one cast about how high there ratings are and why. Really fox, I need to be reminded everyday. I do watch them, I find it entertaining, but I do not agree with pretty much everything they say from there own perspectives. Everyone knows its insanely biased.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Friendly reminder...

Please address the topic at hand and refrain from aiming arrows at other members.

Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

So let me get this straight...They lead with the interview that WAS granted then Sheep was upset the democrat wasnt coming on. The democrat isnt granting interviews to FOX. So if Shep had it his way, the democrats not granting interviews to FOX is reason enough to stop doing interviews with republicans too?

I was right. He IS a butt-head. FIRED!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

Yeah, I don't get how interviewing a candidate that is willing to appear is somehow unbalanced when the other person won't appear on a certain network.

Of course, it needs to be proved that FOX put in requests for the Gov. to appear.

The Polls do seem to indicate a very close and contested race.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join