It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 charged with torturing Calif. home loan agents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This is going to go down as my pivotal story when telling my grand-kids about the meltdown... In just a few words it sums up all the anger cheating and frustration of a system that just broke down...

Everyone ready...? Herre it is...

LOS ANGELES – Prosecutors say five people have been charged in Los Angeles with torturing and robbing two men they thought falsely promised to save their home from foreclosure.

Two men were charged Monday with torture, robbery and false imprisonment. A man and two women pleaded not guilty to the same charges Friday.

Prosecutors say two of the suspects hired loan modification agents in hopes of keeping their home but believed the men took their money and did nothing.

Prosecutors claim the victims were lured to Glendale on Oct. 20, held for hours, beaten and robbed before one escaped.

All five suspects remained jailed on about $1 million bail each.

Yahoo news

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
It just goes to show what people are capable of when they've lost everything. In away, I don't blame them, but I think they may have taken it a little too far, but that's only my personal opinion.

Torturing someone isn't going to bring your home back.

Besides, home is where the heart is.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Well I have to say Good for them, but they should have taken the lawful way around it an used the courts to rob them! That's what I would've done.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Good for them? This is psychopathic behavior and obviously shouldn't be encouraged. Certainly a sign of the times though.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Desperation is a stinky cologne. When you back an animal into a corner, what do you expect?

While I do not agree with the action taken, it does not surprise me in the least. People are desperate. People are scared. And people have nothing left to lose.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I really doubt they promised to save their homes. They most likely misunderstood what they were going to do and flipped out when they didn't get the results they expected.

Life with no parole, I would say death, but they don't have that in good ole Cali.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bored To Tears
I really doubt they promised to save their homes. They most likely misunderstood what they were going to do and flipped out when they didn't get the results they expected.

Life with no parole, I would say death, but they don't have that in good ole Cali.

Oh yeah, like these people really run honest business practices? UH HUH, OKAY...how much would you like for those rose colored glasses? How long will it take to ship them here to Earth?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Life without parole or death for this? Really? Seems pretty harsh.

But, I guess we should start to expect the shift from those that put people in this position being blamed, to those in the position being blamed.

Seems perfectly logical....

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Oh I'm sorry, did you read an aricle that mentioned the victims doing anything wrong?

I must have missed it, could you please point out to me that they were less then honest buisness men.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by supyo

I clearly said they should have done it by legal means and beat the crap out of 'em through the court system, these types have gotten away with far too much for far too long. So they did go about it the wrong way, but They probably felt they would lose in court,and these slimeballs can always afford better lawyers, so they took the other route, I can certainly understand why.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Don't really care if you like my opinion.

I'm sure you would give them a lighter sentance and while I wouldn't agree with it, I wouldn't be a horses butt about it.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Unbelievable. I wish people would realize that the advocating violence is never the best solution to a problem. There are always other alternatives such as, oh I don't know... maybe calling the police, or the BBB. There's also the novel approach of actually attempting to research a company or agent before engaging their services.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Now look I certainly don't condone this kind of behaviour...

But I do find it ironic ...
Big Businesses get bailout money when they get caught steeling from the little guys....
Little guys go to jail when they take back ....

What surprises me most is with some 3.5 million home owners foreclosed upon just this year alone... that some of these unhappy people don't march on CITI, GMAC, BoA drag the CEO's out of his/her offices and lynch him right there in the middle of wall street!

No this is a desperate time... corner an animal and your going to get bitten

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Don't really care if you like my opinion.

I'm sure you would give them a lighter sentance and while I wouldn't agree with it, I wouldn't be a horses butt about it.

Wow, defensive much? Because I disagree with you that these people are should not be put to death(because there's the answer to everything), I am being a horses butt?

Obviously you know you are wrong in this. Otherwise, you would not be so defensive.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

No not defensive at all, you are little words on a computer screen. If I find what I read bothersome I simply ignore it.

, this little thing at the end of your post makes you the horses butt.

As I said before, I don't really care if you like my opinion. It is mine and I like it very much.

Have a good afternoon.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

No not defensive at all, you are little words on a computer screen. If I find what I read bothersome I simply ignore it.

, this little thing at the end of your post makes you the horses butt.

As I said before, I don't really care if you like my opinion. It is mine and I like it very much.

Have a good afternoon.

Lol, so using the emoticons that the site provides us to use makes me a horses butt? Okay buddy.

And yes, you are defensive. It's okay.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I remember reading about 18 months ago about 1/2 dozen pensioners whose life saving had been embezzled. They beat him up with their walking sticks!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Wow, i can't help but think that stuff like this wouldn't happen, if we didn't have a president and congress which defended torture, along with the right wing media fringe whores like Bill O'Reilly and others saying drowning people is okay.

Maybe I'm wrong. I dunno.

new topics

top topics

join