It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Symbols and Logos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Symbolism is the use of symbols to represent things such as ideas and emotions. Symbolism is sometimes used to refer specifically to totemic symbols that stand on their own, as opposed to linguistic symbols

I am fascinated by symbolism. I seem to spend a good deal of my life now scrutinizing each and every little detail of everyday logos. Everything these days is accompanied by a logo, a symbol that makes it stand out and allows it to be instantly recognized. But what, if anything, do these mean?

Surely they are innocent, meaningless symbols, perhaps vaguely related to whatever they happen to be representing. Then again, maybe not......

Symbols and Logos

So, the above link is described as...... Hidden symbology and its meaning in organizational and corporate logos, advertising and media.

It gives some examples, many i had seen before, and many i had not.

Please discuss and scrutinize......

Peace.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Has it really come to this?

Im replying to myself, today is a dark, dark day

Come on masses, use your brain in conjunction with your phalanges and let me know what you think of the aforementioned symbols and logos.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
Everything these days is accompanied by a logo, a symbol that makes it stand out and allows it to be instantly recognized.

Yep.
A picture is worth a thousand words and a logo is now worth a million bucks.

Heck, even Chili's is using the chili pepper to promote itself.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Sometimes an eye is just an eye.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

agreed

some may have clear intent..some dont..only way to find out is ask the people...and they wont speak.

top topics

join