It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A simple solution

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Didn't Travis Walton take a lie detector test to validate his experience... twice (his crew took it twice, at least)? I never read his book, and I know the movie (Fire in the Sky) isn't exactly the way it supposedly took place... but the lie detector was used, and they passed, yet no one is screaming there's the undeniable proof, other than the usuals.

Again, this is heresy and I'm not sure how true the case is, but IMO it's one of the more... I won't say 'credible', but... 'easier to believe' cases of abduction.... if you will.

Would this mean that they'd have to take a lie detector test to prove they took a lie detector test to in turn prove the case?

I think regardless of what's in front of people's eyes, there are some that will chose to believe and others that'll chose not to. I'd bet that if aliens landed on the White House lawn, there'd still be people who scream fake.

In a world like ours wrapped up in such a thick cloud of doubt, it's hard to believe anything.

Edited for clarity

[edit on 28-10-2009 by oaf21]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I have very briefly read about Travis Walton and the story is supposedly a hoax.
I will read in more detail tomorrow.
I maintain, I would like to see names like Wilcock, Read, Greer and the like at least showing a willingness to take a lie detector test.
Maybe we ATSers should start a petition

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I think a simple solution is, as some people stated before, not to listen to them.

I believe extraterrestrial life exists, I too believe they have been and they are on this planet, why do I need a goverment to tell me this is true?

[edit on 28-10-2009 by Spinotoror]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashflash
My brain is about frazzled reading all of these 'disclosure' soon threads.
So, I was thinking, why all these people claiming to have inside knowledge, first hand experience of abduction, proof of E.Ts yadda yadda, don't put their money where their mouth is and undergo a lie detector test. Then make the results of said test public knowledge and take it from there.
Wouldn't this be a simple solution, or am I missing something?

The fundamental nature of human beings is that we lie. Yes I agree with you, don't trust what another human says. No liar detector. No nothing.

Believe and think for yourself. That is my philosophy in life.

The reason why I believe in extraterrestrials is because of my own experiences, but those that mean I should dictate truth like some sort of Christian Preecher to everyone else here? Of course not. In fact, if I even cared about my credibility, the more I shut up about myself, the more credible I would be. LOL!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join