It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A simple solution

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
My brain is about frazzled reading all of these 'disclosure' soon threads.
So, I was thinking, why all these people claiming to have inside knowledge, first hand experience of abduction, proof of E.Ts yadda yadda, don't put their money where their mouth is and undergo a lie detector test. Then make the results of said test public knowledge and take it from there.
Wouldn't this be a simple solution, or am I missing something?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
lie detectors are very faulty. they are very easy to trick and aren't admissible proof in any court case. much less a case that can change the way we see the world around us.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Tesla

Well I personally would be inclined to believe a lie detector report, rather than someone just saying 'this is my story, believe it.'
I wouldn't expect it to be admissible to court; just to Joe public.
I also think if someone offered to have a lie detector test before they write their books, it would be further convincing of their integrity.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashflash
...put their money where their mouth is and undergo a lie detector test. Then make the results of said test public knowledge and take it from there.

I think a far simpler solution, insofar as ATS is concerned, is when there predictions don't come true is to not let them weasal out of it with special pleading but outright ban them as hoaxers.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ashflash

The simple solution is to simply think before supporting those kinds of claims.

Read about it, put it on the back of your brain, and if some years go by and it actually happens, better.

If not, people wont waste their time listening to the most idiotic persons I've ever seen.

And the fun part comes when someone says "oh, he has credibility". Oh really? Where?

David Wilcock is the perfect example for me.

First, he says "disclosure", everyone jumps in, and he starts to say "disclosure SOON!". Everyone starts buying his books (because "they speak of the truth") and then, when the date for disclosure comes and goes, its just "those damn powers that are keeping the truth from coming out".

AND PEOPLE ACTUALLY GO ALONG WITH THIS S....!

The best solution is to think before following this guys. All of them (ALL) show signs of making stuff up along the way, and of making some type of profit from their "informations"...

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ashflash

Yes, lie detectors tests can be very reliable, and although they are not admissable in court, they are often used during the investigation process to rule out or zero in on suspects!

The FBI uses lie detector tests in their hiring process.

Interrogators use lie detector tests routinely.

So, this may not provide a smoking gun, but I like your idea! If we found out that only 10% of the stories were credible, we could take a collective sigh and laugh at the idiots........or.......if we found out 70 or 80% were credible, we could commit more resources into following up on these stories, and maybe mainstream media and investigators would get involved!!

May be a great idea to take to all the UFO Meetings and Fairs around the world, and collect data and statistics and publish your findings!!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

But I'm not only referring to ATS. If a hoaxer gets banned, it would be a case of the next hoaxer climbs aboard.
My point is, if these people with their huge claims offered to take a lie detector test, wouldn't that prove something to the public in general?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Yes you're right. I'm just thinking it would be a positive gesture to undergo such a test.
Mind you, if all is to be believed it would be smack in the eye for our governments.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Yes, sadly lie detectors only work, if you believe they work.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

That is exactly what I mean. No one knows who to believe. So, if some one
makes these claims, the support they seek would come if, and only if, they had a back up in the form of a lie detector.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I never thought I'd say this, being such a fan of David Wilcock, but I'm really disappointed in him making these predictions. There's so much to lose if it doesnt come true. He'll be outed as another Blossom Goodchild, and the leaps and bounds he's made in his career will fall to the gutter. I just really hope, for his sake, its true. I'd love for him to vindicated.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by NightVision]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Originally posted by ashflash
...put their money where their mouth is and undergo a lie detector test. Then make the results of said test public knowledge and take it from there.

I think a far simpler solution, insofar as ATS is concerned, is when there predictions don't come true is to not let them weasal out of it with special pleading but outright ban them as hoaxers.

There wouldn't be anyone left on ATS by the end of 2012!

Would be better if you can claim the cost of the book back from the author

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

I hear you.
I know if it were me making those claims I would demand a lie detector test and I'd roll my sleeve up ready for a shot of Sodium Pentothal. That should do the trick, if detectors are so easy to control.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
if i had an outlandish claim that i honestly believed in, i would have no problem in taking a lie detector test, in fact i would welcome it because i would want people to believe me in what i was saying rather than call me a hoaxer or liar

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

My brain is about frazzled reading all of these 'disclosure' soon threads.

Yeah disclosure along with armagedon, martial law, first contact and world war 3 have all been comming soon since the 60's. I know how ya feel

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ulsterman

That is the very point I m making, so, how come these people haven't thought of it?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
Yes, sadly lie detectors only work, if you believe they work.

That just isn't true! They work because of certain physiological aspects of our body, and a mountain of research and statistics.

Sure, they can be beaten (very rarely), and sure, not all people administering them are qualified enough to trust, but.......an experienced lie detector administrator will get very, very accurate results, no matter how "good" the liar thinks they are!

Now, for example, an abductee may truly believe their own story, even though it was just a dream or a bad canoli, or a bad trip, and in that case their story will show truthful.

As for a person with an outlandish claim rushing to take a lie detector, I think that is a pretty stupid strategy! Most people with outlandish claims avoid lie detectors and make up lame excuses like they don't trust them, or they don't want to be made a fool of, they also make sure their claims are just vague enough to be impossible to disprove, and that they have just a little fact mixed in to fall back on!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Many of the disclosures come from people who are not lying. They actually believe the crazy things they say. So a lie detector would not work.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude[ /i]

I agree, but the difference in believing what you are saying and hoaxing for profit are miles apart. Lie detectors, whatever the method, would separate the delusional from the frauds.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I think the best bet is to not put all your faith in what some man (or woman) says. Take everything that these people say with a grain of salt...because NONE of them have ever been right.

The problem comes with people starting buying into it all. Don't. Just don't.
These people are no more special than I am or you are. There is nothing about them that says they should have received some devine knowledge. I see them all as charlatans looking for gullable people. I feel this way about those who spread religion too.

Most of these people could probably beat a lie detector anyways - because their entire platform is deceiving people even if it is not on purose, IMO.

My .02

[edit on October 28th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join