It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eating Animals is Making us Sick

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Hunting for sport is not on though, that is what i disagree with.

LOL, it's comforting to know murderers have at least some sense of morality, ha. What we need are a whole bunch of cannibals or lizards from outer space to land on Earth so they can go around teaching others what it feels like to be food.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by Divinorumus]

So it is safe to assume by your statement that you eat only chemically based supplements? No? You eat veggies? Well then you are a murderer on several levels. You KILL the plants you eat, and the farms that they are grown on wipe out whole ecosystems. So carry your self righteous, hypocritical, BS elsewhere.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

KILL the plants you eat, and the farms that they are grown on wipe out whole ecosystems. So carry your self righteous, hypocritical, BS elsewhere.

Plants do not have brains, they do not have emotions. Your hair grows but does it hurt when you cut it? On the other side there are animals, that walk, have eyes to see, smell and feel. What is the concept of eating something that walks?

It's the inability of others to see how it would be to walk in someone else shoes. It's easy being a human.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

Plants do not have brains, they do not have emotions.

They might not have brains but according to the secret life of plants its very probable they have emotions. Good thing for us vegans tho that it seems plants like to be eaten

@poster above you- your a moron, factory farms destroy way more ecosystems then organic ever farming ever could. On top of that they are one of the biggest contributors to pollution and a breeding ground for nasty viruses.

Personally I'm a real big advocate of food forest permaculture systems which can make unusable land use able and create vast ecosystems for many species of wild life

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rawhemp

@poster above you- your a moron, factory farms destroy way more ecosystems then organic ever farming ever could. On top of that they are one of the biggest contributors to pollution and a breeding ground for nasty viruses.

Personally I'm a real big advocate of food forest permaculture systems which can make unusable land use able and create vast ecosystems for many species of wild life

So you're going to start name calling because I state a fact, and disagree with idiotic vegan delusions that somehow they are morally higher because they don't kill?

I never once said that factory farming was good, I was replying to the notion that people who eat meat are murderers. My point is we all kill to eat. What makes killing a cow worse than killing plants, insects, other wildlife that must be eradicated to sustain soy bean farms? People who are vegan or vegetarian with the stance that meat eaters are murderers are the morons, not to mention hypocritical.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org... that is the reason i dont eat animals.
well that and i feel over 9000 times better now than when i used to eat meat.
also, alot of plant material i consume naturally detaches from said plant before it becomes my food, like say, an apple. i never saw a cheesburger fall off a cow .

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

So you're going to start name calling because I state a fact, and disagree with idiotic vegan delusions that somehow they are morally higher because they don't kill?

I am not a vegan and I think he is not an idiot. It takes alot to renounce something, if you like it. Nothing comes for free, it's a sacrifice.

It's harder to sacrifice things of your own than to sacrifice animals for example. Everything comes at a cost. Morality costs yes. Did you think becoming better is for free?

My point is we all kill to eat. What makes killing a cow worse than killing plants, insects, other wildlife that must be eradicated to sustain soy bean farms?

Plants do not have emotions, it's been debated, it's a chemical reaction.
Plants grow on this earth, it's part of the planet, the planet is feeding you, it provides.

I would say that what this planet grows is part of the planet and what walks on this planet is on this planet. There is a difrence with on the planet and part of the planet. It's like eating the residents in a house in stead of eating from the house and what your home provides you. Animals, humans are all residents. It's wrong.

People who are vegan or vegetarian with the stance that meat eaters are murderers are the morons, not to mention hypocritical.

Becoming vegan is a big sacifice, it's not easy. I want to become one.
I had it, humans are ment to evolve into something else, it's 2010 almost and were still eating flesh, were still primitive. We have all this standards and etics about good and wrong, all this social gathering to show that we are better and at the end we are a hipocricy. We behave like primitive, brainless fools. Urges and instincts are ment to be stoped and controled by the rational mind, think about it, it's why you are human.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majiq
What makes killing a cow worse than killing plants, insects, other wildlife that must be eradicated to sustain soy bean farms?

This thread is not about the difference between killings cows or plants. Its about how animal food is making us sick...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
according to other ATS threads today eating meat is making you sick.
unless you reccomend drinking windex as a healthy lifestyle.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Not all animals it's just red meat and pork that are making you sick.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SpiritHipHop

allthough ima vegetarian for moral and ethical and health reasons, i think that you may be correct.
i dont see chicken and seafood in teh same category as red meat and pork.
i wotn eat any of it, but as far as sickness goes, parasite infections aside, its probably the red meat and the pork that are casuing the more severe problems.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by STFUPPERCUTTER

Chickens not that different from red meat and pork. Most seafood is contaminated with mercury and possibly other toxins.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
it is different enough for the sake of arguin over the interenet!
but i agree with you, its still nto food for me.
and i dont eat seafood either, and the other stuff is probably jsut as bad as mercury, since most alrge coorporations and governemts use teh ocean as a dump.
but once all is said and done, if it has a face i wont eat it. or a shell !

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Nothin like a good ole tofu burger to get me feelin satisfied!

How anyone can consider eating leaves and berries a balanced diet is beyond me.

Eating meat makes no one sick except those who feel sorry for the animals.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

Eating meat makes no one sick except those who feel sorry for the animals.

Eating meat that comes from a factory where cows live in filth and eat a diet of grains, animal leftovers and other assorted bull# certainly can.

With that said I have recently changed my outlook on this issue and believe humanely raised meat can offer some benefits, certainly more then a tofu burger made from soy isolate. I actually plan to start adding in raw dairy products(from grass fed cows) into my diet for some variety, specifically cheese, kefir and maybe some colostrum.

posted on Jan, 21 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
People have been eating meat for thousands of years and have been quite fine. Meat eaten in moderation is good for you.

The thing you need to realize is that man is contaminating animal's food source, giving them hormones and using them in experimentations and that is why some animals have "human created diseases". So that is why eating some animal meat nowadays is making many people sick.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by walls
People have been eating meat for thousands of years and have been quite fine. Meat eaten in moderation is good for you.

The thing you need to realize is that man is contaminating animal's food source, giving them hormones and using them in experimentations and that is why some animals have "human created diseases". So that is why eating some animal meat nowadays is making many people sick.

Agreed, not to mention that humans were not meant to contain so many animals in one room-this created the common flu and killed millions. Animals take antibiotics before we eat them and this allows for infections to be unaffected by our medications/antibiotics. We are on dangerous ground. Factory farms leave animals stressed, meat is tough-not tender as when they could run and be happy-hormones are injected hormones r released-due to stress. vegetation flows through our bodies faster-meat gets stuck in th ecolon,...causing cancers..etc etc..the factory farms dump waste into the waters-Michigan does so illegally as the news has shown.
humm can't be for human rights and be 'for' factory farms...won't work.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by Zerra]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
society created the demand for more meat, thus factory farming was born. people as a whole are to blame for any misdoings today. no one is going to stop eating meat because you tell them to, and distributers will continue to follow the same practices as long as there is demand. HOWEVER, i'm not saying that it's right how they go about it, but don't hate on people that happen to eat meat. killing animals and killing plants are no different from one another. just be better concious of where your food comes from if you need something to feel better about. that's more important that what you're eating. be happy that you have any food at all.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by designerM
society created the demand for more meat, thus factory farming was born. people as a whole are to blame for any misdoings today. no one is going to stop eating meat because you tell them to, and distributers will continue to follow the same practices as long as there is demand. HOWEVER, i'm not saying that it's right how they go about it, but don't hate on people that happen to eat meat. killing animals and killing plants are no different from one another. just be better concious of where your food comes from if you need something to feel better about. that's more important that what you're eating. be happy that you have any food at all.

totally not on topic, but ill respond anyway.
growing up i always had a feeling there was something not right aobut meat. it wasnt until someoen introduced me tot eh ideas of vegetarianism i was able to really grasp waht was happenign to me and my food. to say taht someone wont stop if you tell them only applies to those who are unable to understand the situation of another. simliarly, those limited indivuals cant comprehend waht their actions do to the aniamls they kill and eat. these peopel live in a little 3 foot bubble surrounding their immediate place int he universe, and cant see the bigger picture. ive come to accept that fact, and i feel bad for these people, but ultimatly, if the universe wanted them to be able to achieve such insight, they would have been born with a better ability to understand the outcome of their savage ways.
and yes, i will "hate on" you if you continue to kill livestock. all arguments for or againt consum ption of emat aside, its 2010 and your not living ian cave and hunting things iwht a bow and arrow to SURVIVE. you jsut like cheesburgers and you dislike takign reposonibility for hwat your doing. its far too easy to dissasociate wahts on your palte from the corpse it was ripped off of. its still dead flesh.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Tesla

yep, panda is vegetarian, and is a BEAR

so why can't we?

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
mmmmmmmmm... baby-back ribs... no one is going to tell me these are bad for me.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37 >>

join