It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eating Animals is Making us Sick

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Epipactis

Just fyi the way i eat has nothing to do with moral issues, I feel for the animals especially the cows, pigs and chickens in these factory farms but that's not whats stopping me from eating meat.

I live my life to the highest standard possible when it comes to health because i take life seriously(and i don't like being sick). I've done endless research and vast amounts of experimentation on my body with different foods. Thru this process i have come to the overwhelming conclusion that fruit is nature's perfect food and humans(imo) are meant to subsist on large quantities of it.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dzonatas

I understand that consuming factory farmed animals can be unhealthy. So can consuming many other farmed foods of the non animal variety. However, if I recall correctly, the OP and the article both were lacking in the discussion of ethics as they're applied to meat consumption.

STFUPPERCUTTER came into this thread, as did many others, with the intention of chastising the meat eaters and attacking them if they rebuttal. His preconception led him to google in search of "articles" to support his notions. Note: GOOGLE doesn't make you an expert.

I can find "evidence" to support anything on google.

-Dev

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Rawhemp

No worries, Rawhemp:

If the fruit is available and you enjoy it keep partaking thereto:

I myself have just consumed two small bananas and three big brazil nuts:

I'm also thinking it might be time I bought some more thrillin' blueberries:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by STFUPPERCUTTER

What you described was not torture. Based on what you said, do you think that every imprisoned man in The United States is being tortured?
I can do the same thing you do by swaying the conversation in another direction by saying "you torture corn and lettuce by chewing on it! How could you torture the poor lettuce?" Is lettuce not alive like a cow, or is it ok to kill a plant, but not a cow? What are the rules?

Based on the torture argument that you use, is it ok to eat fish? Have you ever gone fishing? I am just curious as to what you find acceptable to do to what animals?

[edit on 13-11-2009 by spinalremain]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Epipactis

Don't mean to nit pick but that is a horrible food combination. The nuts will take 3+ hours to digest and the sugars from the banana will most likely ferment causing flatulence. You shouldn't mix stuff that digest fast(sugars) with slow digesting foods(fats), it will become poison in your stomach if you do

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

I can do the same thing you do by swaying the conversation in another direction by saying "you torture corn and lettuce by chewing on it! How could you torture the poor lettuce?" Is lettuce not alive like a cow, or is it ok to kill a plant, but not a cow? What are the rules?

So, you think humans and animals life essence is exactly the same as that within a corn or piece of lettuce?

I think you have grasped straws (of hay) to build a scarecrow argument, and I wonder how it relates to sickness or those who want to overcome sickness in apropos to this thread. Maybe another thread?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rawhemp

Originally posted by Epipactis

Don't mean to nit pick but that is a horrible food combination. The nuts will take 3+ hours to digest and the sugars from the banana will most likely ferment causing flatulence. You shouldn't mix stuff that digest fast(sugars) with slow digesting foods(fats), it will become poison in your stomach if you do

If not poison, it could cause diabetic like symptoms. This is where decent amounts of roughage helps throughout the day. Roughage doesn't add an immediate boost but it does prevent the roller-coaster ride the stomach and veins take on sugar levels.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Based on the torture argument that you use, is it ok to eat fish? Have you ever gone fishing? I am just curious as to what you find acceptable to do to what animals?

Fishing is the exact opposite of factory farming.

Catching an animal in the wild and eating it is one thing.

It is a lot more natural than factory farming.

Breeding animals for the specific purpose of treating them as a commodity is torture.

They mess with their genes, shoot them up full of chemicals, mutilate their bodies, and keep them in horrifying conditions for their entire life...

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

What you described was not torture. Based on what you said, do you think that every imprisoned man in The United States is being tortured?

[edit on 13-11-2009 by spinalremain]

k bro
people imprissoned, most of the tiem, end up their becuase of their own actions.
show me 1 cow that wandered into a slaugherthouse on its own and ill accept that you are 100% correct, and im a fool.
as far as fishing goes, ive been a few times, not recently, but when iw as growing up, i went.
as far as what i feel is acceptable to do to an animals, its a case by case basis. i would never kill or eat any, tahts for sure. i liek to pet dogs, or play fetch with them. ill often yell out my car window if i see a cow, to geta reaction, i stay clear of horses, they scare me. sometimes ill rub a cats belly. ill usually jsut looka t chickens, they are filthy and i dotn want to get too clsoe, same with all birds, they carry disease. ill usually pick up a frog if i see it, maybe put it back down after, and wash my hands. i went to a zoo once, and thought it was sick. and i always slow down if i see an animal in the road.
basicly anything that will acknoledge my presence, or is capable of, i will treat with respect.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by k3456789

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Alan Watts mused that we all have to kill to live on this planet... but we it's how that is integrated into our lives which determines the effects on us all.

This is false, meat is not needed in any way shape or form. Humans only need 2-5% of there food intake to be protein based. Over eating of protein is the main cause for just about every disease and sickness out there today. The fact that most meat comes from unsanitary factory farms should really turn you off to this whole meat eating culture.

My solution to the problem? Plant mass amount of date trees, they contain every macronutrient and micronutrient in almost perfect proportions and they are the most calorie dense foodstuffs on earth!!!!

I got chronically ill on vegetarian diet (5 years) lost my hair and teeth, its fake idea like vaccines. Vegetables yes, but tons of bread and sugar instead of meat is a disaster diet. Dates are ok but eating them 24/7 is a road to diabetes .

no s..t, sherlock. If thats the kind of vegetarian diet you ate, no wonder you were sick.

maybe you should have tried eating a variety of vegatables, fruit, beans, nuts, seeds, wholegrains, corn, chickpeas and lentils. u cud eat an egg every now and then too.

then you would have been fine.

this is not specifically directed at you,
but if you're gonna go vegetarian dont expect to eat some bread cake and cheese and be healthy or get all the nutrients you need. you'll probly die if you do that.

pity no one knows what to eat these days. people get their health info from tv adds and medical research funded by drug companies and food industries and stupid doctors who never studied nutrition and wudnt know a healthy diet if they sat on one.

thats why the whole western world is fat, diabetic and riddled with heart disease, while in asia people are fit and thin and doing tai chi at eighty.
cuz they still respect their traditional doctors and their knowledge of nutrition.

suckers, you will all be sick, if you dont do some research on diet.
but then you lack the capacity to deduct which studies to follow and which to reject. many people cant find their way out of the maze.

solution: do what your chinese doctor says or read my post on food.
which amounts to the same thing really, since my chinese doctor first started me on this route, and i have never been healthier in my life.

i dont even know what a headache feels like anymore.

my whole family lost weight.

you're all being LIED to about diet.

LIED to i tell you.

these studies you love, their funded by corrupt industries and companies and scientists.

you believe all that you read, you'll never figure out the answer.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Rawhemp

utter rubbish. bananas are great sources of potassium and brazil nuts have selenium. good for you . yum yum.

bananas and nuts wont give you flatulence. where the crap do you get this stuff from? are you a doctor?

wheat or dairy or meat is much more likely to cause flatulence cuz your body has trouble digesting this stuff and it sits in your intestines for much longer and putrifies. whereas vegetable foods and nuts pass straight thru.

the world has gone mad.

everyone's crackers.

all your smart experts that can do the chemical equations are as thick as two bricks when it comes to diet and nutrition and have the wool pulled over their eyes every day by drug company reps, like my cousin, who sells drugs to doctors and is secretely shocked by how dumb they are re: nutrition, and how they dont even ask the questions she knows they're sposed to ask.

they arent taught any nutrition at med school.

and studies and curriculum contain only studies they are meant to see. studies going against dairy or meat or drug industry will NEVER be brought to their attention. so unless the go looking for them, they wont find them.

my coz is vegetarian some fish occasionally; obsessively healthy diet. no dairy; all vegetables, nuts seeds etc like me. she wont TOUCH drugs, even tho she sells them to doctors for a living.

wonder what she knows, hey?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222
reply to post by Rawhemp

utter rubbish. bananas are great sources of potassium and brazil nuts have selenium. good for you . yum yum.

When on a vegetarian diet, the potassium is a more effective catalyst and salt. After sugars are digested, then metabolism goes quickly until dehydration ("salted"). Some vegetarians do become more sensitive to potassium based foods like bananas, as you'll see some avoid bananas in order to avoid high blood pressure.

There is nothing to suggest that a vegetarian diet causes high blood pressure. It is only the sensitivity to foods that does get mentioned.

I've known vegetarians to have a wider range of blood pressure and heart rate than those who eat more meaty/fatty foods. Where someone with a BP of over 200 may seem like on the edge of a heart attack, it wouldn't seem that way to someone with a healthy diet that. At worse, the 200+BP would likely cause a headache instead of a heart attack.

my coz is vegetarian some fish occasionally; obsessively healthy diet. no dairy; all vegetables, nuts seeds etc like me. she wont TOUCH drugs, even tho she sells them to doctors for a living.

wonder what she knows, hey?

That a lot of pill binders/salts are made from animal bones, or even gels (that are still based on animal grinds) used to soak up the main chemical into pill form.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

Dude can you read?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

The grandfather to the Indian family I work for and with told me once that they do not eat meat for fear of taking into their body that which is inside of the animal. I didn't think long about that and I stopped eating cows. I also considered that if transplanting a human body part can make the recipeint have memories that belong to the donor, or mannerisms ect., then one could just imagine, that this is why the world is going crazy, we are acting like ANIMALS.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
while i dont claim to know everything about bananas, i do know this much,
'if i eat them i willl fart. maybe rawhemp is on to something there.
but then again, humans are not much more than meaty gas bags without food interfering.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by STFUPPERCUTTER
but then again, humans are not much more than meaty gas bags without food interfering.

It has nothing to do with just bananas, its when you combine bananas with fats. The sugars won't digest right.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by STFUPPERCUTTER

It has nothing to do with just bananas, its when you combine bananas with fats. The sugars won't digest right.

Just think how a glass of beer can solve that!

I actually found a useful wikipedia page for this next point because so far articles about a vitamins tend to end with some sales pitch. The wikipedia article actually includes more in-depth links to food sources instead of a prescription recommendation. Here is the link:

Vitamin B -- your metabolic friend(s)

[edit on 14-11-2009 by dzonatas]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Rawhemp

Thanks for the nuts & bananas dietary concern and advice, Rawhemp, it gave me something to think about whilst going about my stimulated & stimulating business:

However, still no worries:
I'm a believer in the principle of use it or lose it:
Which is to say that all human organism physical body functions that are under~used, or under~exercised, eventually atrophy, beyond redemption.
Conversely, it would also be true to say that if you abuse it, you will eventually lose it, perhaps.
However, it is my perception that the liver & kidneys are well able to maintain a healthy body chemistry, with resultant feelings of wellbeing on a partial dietary input of non abusive nuts & bananas et cetera.
Even when washed down with anti oxidant tea or the occasional stimulating sweet coffee, perhaps & maybe:

Life for all of us, at an optimal intelligence perception, is the seeking of an acceptable middle ground between what is self perceived as healthy use; in contradiction to what might be perceived as unhealthy abuse: according to the desires of each and every sentient individual of conscious evolved awareness:

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
www.iol.ie...

I suggest everyone read this

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
bump becasue its important for people to think about waht they put into their body.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join