It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eating Animals is Making us Sick

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by plutoxgirl

Ever heard of nature? Mankind is not above it I hate to tell you. Life feeds on life. Do you view carnivorous animals as someting to be reviled? I would like to remind you that if you have a cat that cat is a carnivore. As for the rest of your fluff statement, get over yourself.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Simple question to the militant vegans here. Do YOU like having others tell you how you should live your life? Brow beating YOU for how you choose to live your life?

[edit on 29-10-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Tesla

Originally posted by Rawhemp

No they won't and you won't find one article or statement that supports this.

The results clarify the point that meat is an important source of protein, which simply can't be substituted with plant based protein sources.

www.recommended.co.nz...

Maybe you should actually read the comments before you post a such a completely retarded study

Ok so a group of fat men on a poor strength training program were seperated into two different diets. One diet was a mix of meat, plant, and dairy protein. Thirty five percent of the protein coming from plant sources. The other mostly dairy. And this is a criticism of plant protein how?

Just an Fyi lacto-ovo vegetarian means they eat milk, eggs etc. This study fails to prove anything

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Rawhemp

before i took you somewhat seriously. now i see you are confused about everything not just your improper diet.

well.blogs.nytimes.com...

Life expectancy in the United States has been on the rise for a decade, increasing 1.4 years — from 76.5 years in 1997 to 77.9 in 2007, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

That's from 2007... Try something a little more recent

www.hsph.harvard.edu...

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
Simple question to the militant vegans here. Do YOU like having others tell you how you should live your life? Brow beating YOU for how you choose to live your life?

[edit on 29-10-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

Please refer to the post where vegans told meat eaters how to run there life's?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Kosher meat is well, more Kosher in general and more available.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
insidetech.monster.com...

Our oldest ancestor ardi lived mainly on figs..

Fig trees grew around much of the area, and it is speculated that much of Ardi’s diet consisted of these figs.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Hi, good-eating fans.

Eating Animals is Making us Sick

I would not say that, that way. . . B-)

I would say:
! ! ! Eating animals that come out of **big farms** similar to
those in the USA, is making us sick ! ! !

We do eat meat, only a little, and only meat that has NEVER
seen a needle or antibiotics or hormones, or any "USA type crap" ! !

We eat meat that we KNOW where it comes from ! !
The animals live outside, and eat in "natural" lands !

And for the rest, we now eat only BIO stuff !
From that type of stores:
marchestau.com...
www.moulinabenakis.ca...
. . .etc. . .

Blue skies.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Rawhemp

SPECULATION! Say that three times, lather, rinse, repeat.

-Dev

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Rawhemp

Answer the question. To tell others they should not eat meat is attempting to tell others how to live their lives, made worse when name calling such as "murderer" is thrown in.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Rawhemp

And out even older ancestors were fish. What does that have to do with anything?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rawhemp

That's from 2007... Try something a little more recent

www.hsph.harvard.edu...

my article is from 2009. yours is from 2008. FAIL

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Yet she ate fish and meat. Is she a murderer?

Technically yes. You don't have to be the one that murders to still be guilty. Asking someone else to kill you something to eat for a fee doesn't get you off the hook. Why don't you eat humons and keep this lust for the taste of flesh and blood among yourselves? It's hypocritical and wicked to think it's okay to kill a disadvantaged and weaker species just to satisfy your taste for death.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
It's hypocritical and wicked to think it's okay to kill a disadvantaged and weaker species just to satisfy your taste for death.

its not a taste for death. its a food chain. for us to live healthy lives sacrifices must be made. sharks dont feel bad when they eat smaller fish. why should we?

deep down we are all animals and do what we must to survive. fortunately we have the option of going to the supermarket but in the past it was hunting.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

I will ask you this once again. Do you classify carnivores as murderers? Mankind does not and has not transcended nature.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Do you realize that animals and whole ecosystems are "Murdered" all thanks to agriculture/crops? Let that one simmer for a bit.....

-Dev

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
i just realized that this thread was completely derailed.

the original post was about how factory farming is bad. then it got turned into a Veggies vs meat thread.

sorry about that
cant turn down a debate.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
This happens everytime on ATS. It was derailed on the first page.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

the original post was about how factory farming is bad. then it got turned into a Veggies vs meat thread.

Factory farming, whatever and however, it's all still murder, and that can not be denied. All in the quest to satisfy that taste for death. And, these comparisons of humans and the other animals of Earth .. am I to assume humans are no better than the wild animals that kill for food because they do not know how to grow potatoes? Hum, I'll make note of that. Anyhow, farmed animals, or wild, it matters not, it's the issue of EATING them that should be addressed and that is what SHOULD matter. Ha, trying to raise them in a 5 star suite won't wash your guilt away, and neither will the lies everyone keeps telling themselves .. but ya'll can keep trying, ha.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

i dont feel bad at all.i understand that they are lesser beings and are there for our consumptions. without factory farming i would be more then happy to go out and kill animals myself.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join