It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gingrich Strikes Back At Beck: His Agenda Is A ‘Very Destructive Model For The Republican Party’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

It comes down to voting on principal vs party line. I'm less and less a party guy. Some think the answer is more parties, I'm thinking the answer is NO parties. A standard questionare for everybody to see where a candidate stands should be sufficient and would take all the power the two parties hold and transfer it back to the indivdual.

Except, the Obama DOJ has ruled that non-poartisan elections deprive blacks of the right to vote, even if THEY are the majority of registered voters.

The same DOJ official who threw out the charges against the New Black Panthers for voter intimidation threw out a non-partisan mayoral election in Kinston, S.C. this week, and is opposing such in Atlanta!
www.washingtontimes.com...

[T]he Obama administration recently overruled the electorate and decided that equal rights for black voters cannot be achieved without the Democratic Party.

The Justice Department's ruling, which affects races for City Council and mayor, went so far as to say partisan elections are needed so that black voters can elect their "candidates of choice" - identified by the department as those who are Democrats and almost exclusively black.

Several federal and local politicians would like the city to challenge the decision in court. They say voter apathy is the largest barrier to black voters' election of candidates they prefer and that the Justice Department has gone too far in trying to influence election results here.

So, even if it's right, it's wrong if it does not GUARANTEE the result the Obama administration wants, even in local elections.

jw

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by maybereal11

What I intended to convey, psychic-ly, is the Republican Party is filled with some really left-leaning pretenders. These RINO's have infested the Republican Party, whereas the Conservatives have no reasonable alternative Party.
Conservatives, meaning the absolute minimum of government, and even then, most of that should be in the States - not the Central government.
Again, my apologies for not addressing the question.

Don't give up so quickly:

Tea Party Movement Scores its First Political Scalp
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think Scozzaffava is just the tip of the iceberg. Newt, Huck and the other RINOs are next for their own "conversion."

Has the tide turned?

jw

[edit on 31-10-2009 by jdub297]

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join