It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery stone found near church linked to Knights Templar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I don't have much to say I just wanted to share.news.scotsman.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
S&F...awesome find!

I'm guessing it's illegal to dig underneath it??

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Very nice find.... will be interesting to see if this is investigated, discarded or covered up???
It would be nice to get some ultra high-res images of the find.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

Nice catch! I don't expect a cover-up...in the literal sense...until it's been properly checked out. This calls for Time Team!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
An amazing find and I only live fifteen kilometres from Temple. I know where I'm going this weekend

Actually I had plans to drive out to a Livingston UFO landing site but... Ahh hang it I am going to drive out to both.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I would love to run a ground penetrating radar and a mine-lab GP extreme metal detector over it to see what under the stone.
This would tell if it was worth digging up or not,

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

Bring your camera!

----------------------
----------------------

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

And here is a photo for yous enjoy

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Looks like a tomb stone to me if you stand it on end, With engravings of a sword (roman type) think i can see the top of a mosque, you don't think the holy grails knocking about under neath do you......

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
That is quite the find. Nice post. I can't wait to see what comes of it.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Certainly an intriguing find, given the history of the locale and the fact that it appears to incorporate some seemingly unrelated cultural traditions. I wonder if there are any hi-res photos of this item that we armchair observers might scrutinize further?

Regardless, I'm glad you brought this to our collective attention. No doubt this will fascinate many, and, if we're so lucky, shed further light on post-Papal Templary.

/edit to add: As a Scandinavian citizen and enthusiast of that region's history, I have been on the lookout for years now for concrete links between the Templars and the waning influence of the Norse. It seems logical (though perhaps not likely) that the two groups may have found common cause at some point. It is known that Vikings and Varangians took part in the Crusades. Perhaps this item will further establish or validate the ostensible links between the two. Good post.

[edit on 10/29/09 by articulus]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Only 13 miles for me so I might go have a look around at the weekend too, might see you there smokejaguar!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Broonie

Only 13 miles for me so I might go have a look around at the weekend too, might see you there smokejaguar!

Be careful not to step on the owner toes. There's likely to be a few hundred folk up there after the article.

He might have already covered it up with an arch to protect it as he said.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Broonie

It will be a busy day for me that is for sure (Sunday). You won't be able to mistake me because I will be the guy dressed in the Knights Templar armour demanding the return of my rock.

At the Livingstone UFO site I will be the guy dressed in black and walking stiffly, looking up at the sky and talking in tongues.

I wonder how many ATS'er I might see. Maybe ATS should devise a secret greeting, something like a two step shuffle to the left and then a quick Micheal Jackson moonwalk.

BTW I am nearly never without a camera

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
If I were still in the UK, I would most definitely be up there this weekend. Given that I'm not, I'll be grateful to any ATS members who are willing and able to provide photos from a primary visit to the site. As will, no doubt, many of us here.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I hope some of you that live close can go see it and enlighten us further.I will be anxiously waiting!

Oh yeah,get us some more pictures.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Jaguar if you are going there take your spade!

"Legend has it some of those fleeing persecution hid in this Midlothian village – bringing their treasure with them.

According to local legend some of this treasure still lies buried in Temple: "Twixt the oak and the elm tree/You will find buried the millions free."

I'm going to look there when i next visit Scotland

Be quite funny if it turns out there is indeed treasure there in the village or surrounding area(woodland "between the oak and elm tree") and it's the Holy Grail or something

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Good find OP! I wish I lived close enough to snap some photos.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth

Jaguar if you are going there take your spade!

I hear ya and I do have a collapsible spade in my car anyway but I will hope to use a camera only, because I do not want to suffer an outraged redheaded bear of a man raising his kilt at me (ever again)

I will do my best, I have the town logged in my garmin and have been looking at the town via google earth also.

top topics

join