It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I hit a stumble block in my mind: I asked What is perception?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I was having a sudden thought or feeling of being more self aware in the moment and the only thought that came to my mind was the world Perception,

I thought, perception is not a thought but something you view and experience visualy as one example, or touch as another. Then something dawned when I said the word perception as im viewing it with my eye, but it is coming from my brain which my eyes are connected. So how could it not be a thought, I asked myself. So I learned perception is not what reality is, your perception is yours alone and you do not share it, and also we have no clue what reality truly is when we cant even get past a tiny fraction that exists within our own mind, or is that bringing us to an even greator question, one that could change the face of humity for all time

so,

What is perception to you?

Thanks for listening

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
IMO, perception is the lower mental body's (mind) interpretation of thoughts and events, channeled through our own psyche.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
well i'm no Robert Anton Wilson that's for sure, but this is my understanding, so far, in as much as i'm willing to say until someone answers my questions in my introduction post

if perception is not a thought, projected externally, than what is a thought?

can you put a thought in a cup and drink it?

can you put it in your back pocket and save it for later?

how come its instantaneous?

where do thoughts come from?

what animates the thought based human body?

if im not mistaken, and anyone may please feel free to correct me, perception, thought, and motor activity, are all energy, emitted from our bodies.

this brings us one step closer to the answer to the truth of the lie.

what is energy?

you might as well focus on the level 15 boss, and worry about the level 16 boss, if and when there is one. trying to fathom the totally unfathomable, will end you up in a padded cell, next to the eternally gorgeous Mr. Crowley, drooling out one side of his mouth, and a thorazine tube going in the other.

on another note, what function does knowing what level 16 consists of, when the level 15 boss is storming at you, full arsenal in hand?

External projections, that take you forward or backward in time, are slippery notions. Do be careful.

Too far back in time, and you get stuck in the past. Too far ahead, and you set yourself up for disappointment, almost everytime.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkCyrus

What is perception to you?

Peception is the lense through which we view. Like any lense, it may contain imperfections and distortions.

I wonder...if our lense were perfectly clear, would we see anything? Or would we see everything?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
@ LightBenderKev

Contrary to its depiction in mystical folklore, the mind is not a labyrinth but a time tunnel through which thoughts travel. It is a magnetic continuum that connects the brain to the point of origin of the thought process in dimensions that broke away from the nuclear physical universe when space began its expansion at the expense of light. Its tunnel configuration is based on the energy laws of thought communication networks that constitute the fundamental environment of forces at work in the universe. The mind is not simply the activity of thought flow but the medium through which these forces move in mental ethers equivalent to space dimensions wherein non-incarnate intelligences, perfect in their evolutionary and expansive role and power, animate the more dense vehicles of physical being evolving throughout the physical universe.

Excerpt from the book "Beyond the mind" Bernard de Montreal.

This is the best explanation i found on your questions.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by lagenese]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Ooops! Excuse me, I gave the wrong impression.
My questions were not meant to be answered, or validated or discredited by the intellect of another human thought form. They were rhetorical.

Incidentally, I don't believe the mind to be a labyrinth. My beliefs, aren't important.

The beliefs that ARE important, are the reason we are all assembled in this "simulated environment".

Perhaps you can answer some questions, i did put forth, here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for the reply. It's always indulging to allow the ideas of others into the pallete of thought when trying to visualize a picture.

~~--~~Outward Change Begins Within~~--~~

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightBenderKev

Ooops! Excuse me, I gave the wrong impression.
My questions were not meant to be answered, or validated or discredited by the intellect of another human thought form. They were rhetorical.

It's a good thing that you do not seek answers from others. I know, from personal experience, that all answers are within. From you answer, i now know i can communicate freely with you, and that is a good thing.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Your last comment is revealing to me, understanding the the concept of human thought form projection.

It assures me, that I am in the right place, at the right time, with the right people.

I will try and remember, that not everyone can keep track inside my brain with me(yet), and be more specific as to what I am intoning.

Your ego check was rendered perfectly, innocuously, and if I may point out, completely with(OUT sorry missed the out part!!) malice, or even conscious intent.

That's how this thing works when we all begin to clear our minds, and return to the WISDOM state, that exists beyond our realm of comprehension, and perception(wink wink).

I look forward to any "future" exchanges we may share, in the days and weeks to come.

I, won't be leaving until my answers are presented, here, for all to read.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by LightBenderKev]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LightBenderKev

Thanks for the kind words. I added you in my friends list, if it's ok with you of course. I'm also looking forward to the exchange of various aspects of understandings that we both have throughout our own experiences in this multidimensional reality.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
im not sure that i will have a lot of time to communicate with people on a more personal level.

if im to understand certain things, it isn't necessary anyways

I'M not important. I'm just a guy. With a nine to five like everyone else.

My mother was a single parent of two bratty boys, who traded a lot of her "energy" so that her two sons would emerge from the world of lies, as unaffected as she could, given the debilitating nature of our current world control system.

It is in honour of my mother, that I am going to do what I am going to do.

And believe me, if i'm wrong, than you people won't miss my company.

That's very kind of you to add me on such little background, again, speaking much about the quality of your character, as the human thought form projection machine, kicks into high gear.

I need to do some reading, get some sleep, and watch a band I was very angry with until very recently.

In the meantime...keep it up!

~~--~~Outward Change Begins Within~~--~~

top topics

join