It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your main reasons why males commit crimes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
For me the only two reasons males seem to commit crimes, are money and females.

If you have no interest in either, i doubt you will commit crimes.

Whats your view, and can you think of any other reasons, other than the two above.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Hunger, pride.

To name a few.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Testosterone.

Power.

Necessity.

Boredom.

To name a few?

You really only came up with 2?

Hmm fair enough.

What are the reasons why females commit crimes?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
tis part of the male reptilian brain...the hunter inside still seeks prey, violence.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I think alot of your answers are wrong personally, and just are side effects of the two answers i gave.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I would think that females would be the number one reason to accomplish the following (which is by no means complete):

Appeasement
Attractiveness
Provide
Punish
Unattractiveness (To make a female dis-interested)

Non-female reasons to demonstrate prowess, power, ability, acceptance, survival among a few reasons not mentioned by others.

But the only reason men do anything besides the basics for personal survival is primarily either women or social acceptance of some peer group.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by Ahabstar]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Uhm, well i attempted it before, a while ago. when i think back, it was because of money and girls. but i think some may also do it because of a hopelessness of life or just depression or curiosity.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
revenge?

btw why just males? it's not like females don't commit any crimes...

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Im suprised by the responses in here(not that they are wrong) but in my opinion, since this is a psychology thread, it runs much deeper.

(pure speculation on my part).

main reason why males commit crimes...

You ever hear your grandma, mom, or just some woman say to a man
"well, if a man cannot provide for his family, then he is not being a man"..
well, this is just one example, but I think it means a whole lot if you disect it a little bit.

Lets say you have a man, that has no job, but has a wife, three kids, and a dog named rover.
Wife is saying to the man "You need to do something, or I am taking the kids(and rover), and I am leaving to mothers house".
Automatically, the man is going to start to lose it(if he hasnt already).
He goes out everyday looking for work to feed his family, but has been comming up short. Six months goes by, and he still hasnt found anything that can benefit him and his family. That man then starts getting crazy ideas in his head, because at this point, he has lost all the dignity that he had left in his body. He starts feeling as if he is useless, that what he has left to give, is no longer good enough for society. So he goes out, and does something stupid(but to him its not stupid, its what he has to do to put foot in his childrens mouths)and ends up committing a crime. He finds out that it took him 10 minutes to get enough money to feed and shelter his family for a month. So what does he do the next week or month, he commits another crime, and it repeats itself until he is fully intoxicated with something that he feels that he is good at. Then there you have it, a fulltime criminal, who didnt do it because he wanted to, but because he HAD to in his mind in order to keep what he truly loved the most.

Now, that is just one example, but it just goes to show you that not every man or woman for that matter, does it just because they "want to" but because they felt the need to.

Like I stated earlier, just speculation on my part, but I feel as if this is one of the major reasons why people do things that they "arent supposed to " be doing.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Because a lot of men are jacked up on testosterone and stupidity! It's a lethal brew!

IRM

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Some are just action junkies, like the thrill or the rush of it. If they can get away with it the first time, then they will probably do it again. There are many reason for someone, a man in this case to commit a crime, every man is different so will their motive to commit a certain crime. A 2 motive list, money and females is just a drop in the bucket, there are way more than just those two reason for someone to commit a crime.

Theodore John Kaczynski, aka The Unabomber. He didn't commit his crimes (bombings) for money or females.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
For me the only two reasons males seem to commit crimes, are money and females.

If you have no interest in either, i doubt you will commit crimes.

I'm into money and girls and I'm law abiding so there

My view, it all depends on the type of crime. There are infinite reasons ranging from insanity to stupidity.

Btw, this includes crimes committed by females too.
Why are you being sexist?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Until a certain level of maturity is reached, if ever, just about everything a man does can be connected to attracting women.

Now why do women get involved with douchebags, criminals, illiterate apes, and have children with thugs who shouted them over from their parked car on the street?

Men have no reason to not be thugs. Prison only justifies the behavior with it's petty reward of image and thug status.

Women, stop giving it up to morons and men will stop being morons.

I've seen way too many smart and beautiful women become either ghetto trash or trailer trash because they gave themselves to some idiot who speaks with a slur, wears a hat perpendicularly, and clown pants 5 sizes too large.

Who would of thought the most attractive thing a man can do is drop out of high school and father numerous illegitimate children?

I've seen this phenomenon in high school, which is to be expected due to poor self image and gross stupidity, then in college, much sadder to see, and now I see women and men in their 30's and 40's behaving this way as though they havent mentally grown past the age of 14. WTF people? WTF?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
less emotional intelligence than women , by that i mean perhaps some men have more of an biological inability to perceive emotions in peopel than women; hence are already 'insensitive' to pain/distress shown by someone, so easier to commit crime.

other one - biological.

see the animal kingdom - rhesus monkey males gang rape female monkeys when they raid a tribe.

male koalas (and other mammals incl monkeys) will rape juvenile koalas (if left in teh same enclosure )/ monkeys cuz they fail to recognize the monkey as not a female (since it doesnt have the glands that a grown male has).

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

True there is that part of us. But for the most part i think most of the dumb things we do in order to impress women. very basic and broad statement but i think people underestimate the driving force behind the human reproductive urge. for the most part we are basically highly intelligent animals... well some of us. most of us are barely intelligent animals. (im in the latter if you hadnt guessed lol)

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Testosterone poisoning.

I really do think that is it.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Like many has said already testosterone plays a big part in the male body and brain.

Also societies in the world along with religious views and believes has pushed the male species as been the dominant in society and the provider, in this times and days is having a big devastating side effects on the stress levels.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Being exposed to temptation, whilst possessing a overwhelming sense of lack that is generally fuelled by chemical agents and driven by opportunity or the lack of it, tends to lead to criminal acts being performed by individuals within the global human demographic, some of which who end up prosecuted and punished under the Authority of the Law!

Personal Disclosure: Well, thats IMO!

Edited for spelling!

[edit on 28-10-2009 by OmegaLogos]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
If a person, male or felmale is into committing crimes that does not involve survival such as stealing food to eat and live, but they are doing so for want, there is a valid reason for this. I have observed this in people I know who seem to always be in trouble with the law, jail time, etc.

1. The first reason is supremacy of self. The self is so much more important than anyone else, and everyone else is only in the way for want for self satisfaction.

2. Low IQ or other mental defect. Such people cannot conform to obedience to the law because they are lawless by nature. They neither respect or understand why there are laws to govern a persons actions. Usually a person with a learning defect or other factors involving a low IQ will be prone to ignore the law. Such people are like the Columbine killers. Dumb as it gets. They spend all of their time in and out of jails till they do something horrible and end up getting killed to stop them.

3. Lust. This person is the most dangerous because there is nothing they they will stop at for what they want. They will plot and plan in detail their actions so as to conquer and consume what it is they want. Often there is a power trip involved where the control of others is important to them. They are also filled with the desire for worship and admiration and demand attention and devout loyalty from those around them. They are manipulative and cunning. These people are usually serial killers, politicians, dictators, etc. They are also men who abuse their women and families.

Men, and women are both prone to such behavior.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
There are a multitude of reasons why PEOPLE, not just males, commit crimes. And there are a multitude of different crimes that can be committed.
It can be as simple as the person needs something such as food, or because they simply want something like a DVD.

They can steal things due to peer pressure, to fit in or seem 'tough'.

People can steal also as a big F*** you to society, i know someone who steals random objects in bulk amounts from K-mart because he dissagrees with them making money, he doesnt need it because he will throw his haul on the side of the road on the walk home. (And it isnt due to a low IQ or mental defect, low IQs are more likely associated with people who blindly do what they are told and follow pointless laws)

Assaults usually involve need(muggings), peer pressure, pride, rage or boredom.
Really your question itself is flawed because of the amount of different crimes that can be committed all with varying motivations.
It isnt about male or female its about the desires and needs for an individual.

new topics

top topics

join