It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet Controls To Be Put In Place During Pandemic (ATS SHUTDOWN?)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

So if the internet shuts down people will stop talking?
The measure is just a part of emergency management.

What you call emergency management a good portion of the citizenry would call martial law, impositions on civil rights, and restriction of personal freedoms.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
actually no, there is the switch over to internet2 which is coming and basically companies such as comcast will be running things off a cache predominately.
Internet speeds will be increased but the tool of control will also be implemented, at the moment the 'internet1' is simply not under control where you can have anyone create a website in any state or country on any server.

basically internet2 would stop that and centralise the internet into one branch.

This would be a declaration of war on several countries as an act of cyber terrorism.

The chinese would not take this lightly, and nor the Russians.

There are much bigger problems at hand than the swine flu.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
They act like people don't already use the Internet during work hours. I'm pretty sure they aren't going to try to turn off the Internet or limit it too much, if at all. It would cripple business and government, for one thing. No credit card purchases, no ATM withdrawals, no airline flights, you name it, without the Internet it's probably going to come to a screeching halt.

I'm not convinced that the Government (or anyone else) has enough control to selectively shut down some places, and not others. Maybe in the US itself, they can tell sites to close down, but... would that really work? Would ATS even be a target? The obvious sites to hit would be the high-traffic ones like Google and Yahoo. I don't think ATS has anywhere near that volume of traffic.

I'm thinking that what would likely happen is that as everyone tried to use the Internet, it would bog down and get very slow. Many people would just log off and try again later. Things might get slow, but I suspect that it wouldn't be much worse than when everyone was on 56k modems. You might have to forget about downloading videos and DVD's and such, but your basic traffic would still make it through.

Also, ISP's could probably just rate limit everyone's access, so that no one was able to hog too much bandwidth. There are no doubt plenty of other options that wouldn't involve shutting down any specific sites.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

I'm not very technically minded, but, aren't all these businesses already using the internet every day? Why would it make a difference whether they are using it from an office or a home?

Surely, use is simply moved, there's no increase in usage, it's just accessed from a different location.

My gut is telling me this is just another excuse to enable control of information.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
see what you dont know is that the RFID chip is being funded by VISA and other credit companies and has a major role in this as well. Its not just one single event its a transfer over to a new centralisation technology.

The banks have even started the changeover it is gradual and I beleive there was a topic on here posting about that.

Texas instruments produce the RFID and the major credit companies fund it directly. If you dont beleive me you should find the video of Adam Savage from the mythbusters regarding the RFID at a press conferance.

There is worse to come.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI

So if the internet shuts down people will stop talking?
The measure is just a part of emergency management.

What you call emergency management a good portion of the citizenry would call martial law, impositions on civil rights, and restriction of personal freedoms.

Dude. The government are people we hired. They aren't interested in your little life or owning you. Really, you aren't that important.
If you want to experience loss of personal freedom, restriction and other horrific crimes against humans travel outside the US. Really.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lavey2
see what you dont know is that the RFID chip is being funded by VISA and other credit companies and has a major role in this as well. Its not just one single event its a transfer over to a new centralisation technology.

The banks have even started the changeover it is gradual and I beleive there was a topic on here posting about that.

Texas instruments produce the RFID and the major credit companies fund it directly. If you dont beleive me you should find the video of Adam Savage from the mythbusters regarding the RFID at a press conferance.

There is worse to come.

Yes and when a dozen of our cities are attacked by Islamic terrorists alot of people will be calling for the government to do something. Don't be part of the problem.
When the attack happens, and it's planned for 2010, then you should be prepared like the government, banks, and other industries are now. Yes, they know more than most because they pay analysts for the information, which is available through open source is any of you would bother to look.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
These internet controls are part of the plan in order to control the spread of the information regarding the h1n1 virus and to stop the spread of the words regarding of the work being done at the FEMA facilities and the grave sites in arizona being built by the CDC.

Once the infection becomes its second wave people will be forceably quarantined and the corpses burned as they did before back in 1918.

you sir are ignorant.

Terrorists? please stop making me laugh.

Here in Australia we have had no real terrorism threats, even though the government keeps telling us its imminent.

Dont you remember what Martin Goreing said?

To make people go with the Agenda of the government you just need to tell them that the pacifists are supporting terrorists and the nation is under attack. Then the nation will do what the government asks.

all you are dong is saying something REALLY dumb which makes me laugh.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lavey2
Here in Australia we have had no real terrorism threats, even though the government keeps telling us its imminent.

Heh. Guess you didn't notice that Sharia Law has crept into your government's law. They keep that quiet so not to disturb tourism.

Mass graves are also part of emergency management.

You can address me as madam, thanks.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Please address the subject at hand.

The OP does not speak to what each of you may think of the other.

If you are compelled to post, please contribute.

Calling names and harassing people for their opinion is not necessary or constructive to the topic.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
holy crap you are paranoid

do you have any idea what kind of civil unrest would happen if someone screwed with the internet?

A society tied together with both the internet and an increasingly sedentary lifestyle? A nation where over half of it can't understand life without the internet?00111111111111

indeed that would be the day people would actually do something

besides there's always a way around it. we're not running out of bandwidth

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Even IF the internet were totally shut down, there are still other ways to spread information.

Of course there is the telephone. If something is going down in a certain area those people will call family and friends, who will tell others, etc... It won't be as fast as logging on to a popular website but the info will spread. People LOVE to talk about what they saw, did, or heard about.

Then there are things like ham radio. Instant worldwide communication. There will be voice as well a data networks set up in no time. People think of ham radio as outdated but we don't have to rely on any infrastructure. I can communicate to nearly anywhere from nearly anywhere without worrying about finding open access points or cell availability.

If tshtf, you can bet one of the firsts to know what's going on will be the ham operators. Get your license or get to know someone who has it. At the very least, get a decent shortwave radio or scanner with HF capability.

Shutting down the internet would be an inconvenience but would not cut you off from information or communications.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
And they could pull the plug any moment...last Saturday, Obama declared State of Emergency...for no reason at all.

Less people have died of these killer flus than of natural flu.
Last week it was announced that these flus have reached their peaks.

So what's going on?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I take online courses and a lot of people I do. Would it effect that at all?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
It's not going to happen. I support some of the major backbones. They are made up of mutiple OC 768's. OC-768 is a network line with transmission speeds of up to 39,813.12 Mbit/s (payload: 38,486.016 Mbit/s; overhead: 1,327.104 Mbit/s). I think the record for any one of these lines was 68%. Not even close to the max. That was back in 2000. The ammount of these lines have doubled. The internet traffic hasn't. Most local providers are overbuilt now with fiber going mainstream. To block sites accross all the inet root name servers would be almost impossible. I said almost.

Some are not even in this country. I would say the source is not to valid. Maybe I am wrong.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

Won't happen, why?

Well if you want to see America wake up from its apathy just see what happens when you take away their lolcats, youtube and MMOs (especially if they are home sick!!!).

A mob of sick people in their Pajamas holding boxes of tissues would be around the Captiol in no time.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I'm calling BS on this one!
I work with the "internet" everyday and can tell you that even during PEAK traffic times, we're not even close to capacity. I would think that tons of people home, in bed, ill - would result in even less traffic.

On antoher note, even if they shut down all of the root servers, you cannot shut off the "internet". You can shut down the ISPs, the Proxies etc... but people will still be able to utilize the network. You will have to be very technical to do so, but it can be done.

Nope, if the internet shuts down it is because they want complete information blackout. My advice, if the internet shuts down then you had better be prepared for the house to house round-ups.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
uh oh! the end is near! well it was nice knowing all of you.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join