It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Balloon mom's admission that the whole thing was a hoax may be a hoax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Balloon mom's admission that the whole thing was a hoax may be a hoax

cnews.canoe.ca

Alderden claims the Oct. 15 flight was a stunt to generate publicity for the Heenes. Both Mayumi and Richard Heene placed calls claiming 6-year-old Falcon may have been inside the balloon as it drifted 50 miles across northern Colorado. The world watched with horror as the balloon landed without the boy — then worried that he may have fallen thousands of feet to his death.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Balloon mom's admission that the whole thing was a hoax may be a hoax. This is interesting and something that seems relevant to the discussion since we had people calling hoax from the start.

So with this new evidence we see that there may even be more lying going on than we knew of before.

cnews.canoe.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

My opinion is that the police messed this whole thing up.

They probably threatened to deport her, take her children away and throw her husband in jail if she didn't admit it was a hoax.

If they had just did an investigation, not leaked any info regarding the investigation and did things by the book then this thing wouldn't be where it is right now.

Their lawyer will most likely get the confession thrown out and since the search warrants were issued because of the confession all evidence gathered will be dismissed and everyone will forget the whole situation in a few months.

Thats my opinion of how this thing will play out.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
This story has America captivated and with that being said,
I cant help but think that FOX, TBS or any other network must
be calculating the potential viewer demograph and ad revenue.

This should secure the reality show for late 2010.

People are watching, right?! Why not turn that into profit?!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bored To Tears
reply to post by Happyfeet

My opinion is that the police messed this whole thing up.

They probably threatened to deport her, take her children away and throw her husband in jail if she didn't admit it was a hoax.

If they had just did an investigation, not leaked any info regarding the investigation and did things by the book then this thing wouldn't be where it is right now.

Their lawyer will most likely get the confession thrown out and since the search warrants were issued because of the confession all evidence gathered will be dismissed and everyone will forget the whole situation in a few months.

Thats my opinion of how this thing will play out.

They panicked. I can understand why they leaked the info because they thought time was of the essence. It's an emotional image is it not?

top topics

join