It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nanobots: mystical, yet a drug?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I wanted to get other's opinion on nanobots and what each would consider them as drugs or not.

If nanobots are able to induce visions that are similar to hallucinations, does that make them a drug?

If nanobots are able to induce other senses that are similar to hallucinations, does that make them a drug?

If nanobots are able to control brain-motor/body-motion does that make them a drug?

If the induced visions from nanobots are actually from a virtual reality they create, then does that change the definition of a hallucination, or how would one compare a hallucination vs virtual reality?

At what point would you consider the body/brain able to assimulate or has assimulated the nanobot?

Are nuerons nanobots?

"Be as wise as your serpents/nuerons"...

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dzonatas

i would think of them as more of a prosthetic.
a fake leg can allow someone to walk when they normally cant, wouldnt nano bots fixing someone's vision be similar?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Technically a drug is any chemical substance when taken into the body, alters the structure of function of the body in some way....excluding those considered to be related to normal body functioning (since some chemicals are naturally produed in the brain)

Caffeine, Alcohol and cigarettes. All drugs. Legal drugs.

Nanobots? Not sure. Do they fall into the chemical substance category?
Seems to be categorized as a "mechanical".

nanogloss.com...
Many of the nanobot prototypes function quite well in certain respects but are mostly or partly biological in nature, whereas the ultimate goal and quintessential definition of a nanorobot is to have the microscopic entity made entirely out of electromechanical components.

Nanorobots are essentially an adapted machine version of bacteria. They are designed to function on the same scale as both bacteria and common viruses in order to interact with and repel them from the human system.

[edit on October 28th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
reply to post by dzonatas

i would think of them as more of a prosthetic.
a fake leg can allow someone to walk when they normally cant, wouldnt nano bots fixing someone's vision be similar?

Prosthetic seems like a good name to describe the situation despite a change or no change took place in order to produce the same effect. This is where I have took a deeper look into it and decided maybe my opinion alone doesn't matter here due the question: if it is the same exact effect then what is different?

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Nanobots? Not sure. Do they fall into the chemical substance category?
Seems to be categorized as a "mechanical".

To say they are only mechanical is a very vary sharp blade into the minds of scientist/doctors that uphold their opinions about Schizophrenia (and like). Such doctors are die hard to believe that Schizophrenia only exist in a subject effected by mind altered events, like drugs. You can probably see there is bit of a contradiction here when nanobots produce the same exact effect as nuerons.

I have this theory that quantum mechanics doesn't support Schizophrenia. (Actually, I know better, yet I need others to prove this to themselves as I have.) Quantum physics is a subset of quantum mechanics and only in that realm of physics do the extant of anything like Schizophrenia could possible exist as true. Beyond that into the greater knowledge of quantum mechanics, what seemed to be there isn't actually there.

That is a leap of faith many scientists have yet to take between quantum mechanics and quantum physics, and many have already.

So, I thought the questionnaire I posted would help consider these points and help those scientist that are interested in quantum mechanics.

"Yes we can."

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Here is a document that caught my attention due to its titled cybernetics. This was published in 2000 it appears (yet maybe recently archived, so didn't start a new thread). The document contains much history, so I left that part out here. And, it also made many "could" assumptions, which I thought were easy to read since it doesn't state definite "will be" type conspiracy theories, except for what I emphasized in bold at the end.

Note below I include the excerpt about the DSM, which I thought was highly relevant this this thread. To even consider that neurons are 'implants' is a remarkable concept. Maybe 'nanobots' seem to impossible by today's science, yet nobody would say they are possible if the intend to hide them.

Microchip Implants, Mind Control, and Cybernetics
by Rauni-Leena Luukanen-Kilde, MD Former Chief Medical Officer of Finland:

In 1948 Norbert Weiner published a book, Cybernetics, defined as a neurological communication and control theory already in use in small circles at that time. Yoneji Masuda, "Father of the Information Society," stated his concern in 1980 that our liberty is threatened Orwellian-style by cybernetic technology totally unknown to most people. This technology links the brains of people via implanted microchips to satellites controlled by ground-based supercomputers.

The first brain implants were surgically inserted in 1974 in the state of Ohio, USA and also in Stockholm, Sweden. Brain electrodes were inserted into the skulls of babies in 1946 without the knowledge of their parents. In the 1950s and 60s, electrical implants were inserted into the brains of animals and humans, especially in the U.S., during research into behavior modification, and brain and body functioning. Mind control (MC) methods were used in attempts to change human behavior and attitudes. Influencing brain functions became an important goal of military and intelligence services.

One reason this technology has remained a state secret is the widespread prestige of the psychiatric Diagnostic Statistical Manual IV produced by the U.S. American Psychiatric Association (APA) and printed in 18 languages. Psychiatrists working for U.S. intelligence agencies no doubt participated in writing and revising this manual. This psychiatric "bible" covers up the secret development of MC technologies by labeling some of their effects as symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia.

[edit on 20-2-2010 by dzonatas]

top topics

join