It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do I smell bad??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Is It just me or does the fact that if I comment on a post, it dies on the spot, or are you guys just to smart for me
...btw If any one wants my points have at them I don't like to type that much

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I've had that feeling before, I had two threads die on me this week. Either I'm the last one to post in it or as soon as I say something, it at least slows down.

Maybe people just don't know what to say anymore once I give my opinion. Am I really that good?

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Nah, it's what is going at the time. You'll notice the longer you are here that UFO's float one night, the next it's politics, the next it's science. I have had threads that I thought were relevent and they died, let them go in peace. Sometimes you will put up a thread and BANG, people jump on it. JUST KEEP POSTING. Don't sweat it.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
When I say die on me, I mean threads started by others that die right after I make an apearance in it. Probably just my imagination, probable not because of me.

I would worry to much about it deadcatsrule.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Just post something about "God" or "Satan" or "Jesus" - you're bound to get a lot of responses. :-D

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Or anything that has to do with homosexuality or the war on Iraq...

Anyway, high quality posts and thread often do not get replies. Numerous members have had to deal with it in the past.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Heh, I have been here for years, and it happens to me all the time. The mere fact that your first post didn't die shows how wrong your fear is.

Whats worse is when you think you make the killer post that is an amazing revelation to you, or a piece of inspired and masterful writing, and it gets ignored, and the thread carries on as if you didn't exist
its internet existential angst

... rats I may have killed the thread now

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by Netchicken]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I have noticed this same thing when I post too, it really just the way the traffic flows sometimes. Sometimes you may have 5 or 6 posts in 5 or 6 different threads all at once in between the time you read a thread and post a reply. Then again, it may be possible that you have made one of those 'gem' threads that almost anyone who reads it goes in the back of their head, "I.. I.. I have no response to that?!?
" lol

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I thought the same thing yesterday. I was in 'MyATS' and noticed about 4 threads which I posted last, and they just dropped dead.

At least now I know I'm not alone

PS: I don't smell, check out My Photography Thread

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by StationsCreation]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 04:27 AM
link   
If you do a search around board questions and somewhere on BTS
you will see that there has been 2 other threads like this where people feel they are thread killers. lol

It happens to us all.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I apologize...posted this in the wrong thread

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by Cutwolf]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Ha.. and I thought I was stinky thread killer (something tells me this post could be last in this thread).

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
That's funny as I see it the opposite way. If I post a serious message and it is the last in the thread, I am thinking to myself: You got no come back to that cuz you know I'm right! You ain't got game! You got nothing!

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
here you go, a link to a similar thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I've posted this link on a couple of other threads that others have started too.

you are not alone and no you don't smell, perhaps it's just the dead cats you are so fond of.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
That's right. If yours is the last post in the thread it may be because your points were so dead on, unassailable, and correct that no-one dared to argue with you further.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Am I gonna be the thread killer for this thread?

*really hopes so*

I've had this feeling in the past too. It's entirely normal. Just shows that you are a normal paranoid person.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
If you are trying to get members to feel sorry for you, i doubt that will happen. Look relax, have a drink
mmmm Budweiser
ATS is so much better when your drinking

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
That's right. If yours is the last post in the thread it may be because your points were so dead on, unassailable, and correct that no-one dared to argue with you further.

Yep, that is exactly what I say to myself when it happens.

Don't worry, deadcatsrule, it happens to me all the time. If it's an interesting topic it will come back to life though. Sometimes days later even, ya just never know. If not, then just take it as you made such a profound statement that None dare attempt to follow such Wisdom.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by pantha

you are not alone and no you don't smell, perhaps it's just the dead cats you are so fond of.

thanks to all I now know I'm crazy with the rest of you ...and the name deadcatsrule has been with me for a looonnnggg time

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Ever thought that you wrap the idea up so succinctly that there is no need in further comment?

new topics

top topics

join