It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Five-year-old Romanian weightlifter becomes Internet star

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
On Yahoo news:

Video: Five-year-old Romanian weightlifter becomes Internet star

Giuliano Stroe has six-pack abs before turning six years old. And he's also in the Guinness Book of World Records before he can probably even read it.

The highlights:

0:32 -- The "Crouching Tiger" wall flip.

0:41 -- Backflips on the kitchen table. Even Richard Heene thinks that's questionable parenting.

1:43 -- Doing barbell curls with toddlers dancing to 50 Cent in the background.

3:19 -- More flipping, this time from a high bar.

3:39 -- My arms hurt from just watching that.

Seriously, someone should check this kids arm for needle tracks, or for anabolic steroids! I'd love to hear what pediatricians think of this.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by Blackmarketeer]

[edit on 27-10-2009 by Blackmarketeer]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I'm kinda tired of these kid Internet celebs tbh. It's become such a cliche, imo.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I agree about checking his system to see what's in there. The scene that takes place between 56 seconds and 59 seconds is disturbing. He's definitely being given somehthing to enhance his performance. It's sad and disgusting. At 1minute 45 seconds where it shows him doing curls I had to shut it off. Nobody should do curls when the weight is so heavy that one has to get the spine involved. He's throwing his back out when he does that. Even a grown man in his prime cannot curl with that spastic movement of the back for very long without throwing it out. A real trainer would never let someone curl like that. Boy's father is a #ing dumbass.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

I completely agree with you. This is obviously very ABNORMAL, for a good reason. You should not start lifting weights until your muscles/tendons have grown to a certain point (usually around 13). He will have life-long problems because of this. I also believe that he is most likely being given some sort of supplement.

You can hear/see his father prompting him and counting/coaching throughout. It is nothing short of child abuse.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
My beef is with the way this "dad" is pushing the kid with no real coaching skills, other than to egg him on in doing some seriously dangerous looking "training". The Chinese are also good for pushing their kids into early acrobatics, Jackie Chan for instance trained for the Chinese opera (a lot of tumbling and acrobatics).

I'm still trying to find out is weight lifting (at the age of 5, no less) is harmful, since the bone plates have not set, most of the sites I've come across recommend not weight lifting until at least the age of 10-12, which to me still seems way too young.

top topics

join