It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introducing... me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Hello all.

I found this site the other day and have been fascinated reading some of the posts. It's really opened my eyes.

Anyway, I thought I'd join up and add my 2 rupee.

I'm 30 years old, male, and I'm from the most boring city in the world which is pretty much slap bang in the middle of England. I'm 6 months away from getting married and have 3 children. Twins boys are 4 years old, and noobz boy is 2.

I'm not religious although I was bought up Catholic. I do not dismiss 'god', for all I know he did actually create us.

I've never met an alien being but I believe they exist as there is too much space out there for just... nothingness.

Skeptics are my biggest pet peeve. Why they feel the need to have to debunk every single little thing is quite beyond me. Not just that though, they seem to do it with a satisfied smirk on their faces. I wish they'd just concentrate on what they 'do' believe in and let everyone else enjoy their lives.

I'm not the most educated person in the world, but I do enjoy learning. It's the remembering part I have trouble with.

My reason for joining is I've had a few strange things happen in my life (researching led me here). To name a few:

1. While waiting for a train to pass at a crossing, a white light shot through the barriers, just in front of the passing train, and right between me and my friend. It left the hairs on our arms and neck standing on end.

2. While walking with my sister late at night, we saw a line appear in the sky. It was like a star had stretched out at the sides, then went back to normal after a second. It wasn't a shooting star as I've seen tons.... well it could have been.

3. I seem to be able to turn street lights off quite a lot. I don't know how. For example, once I was walking home with a few friends and it happened again. They laughed when I told them that it happens to me a lot. It continued to happen to every light while continuing down the street. I turned back on myself to prove to my friends that it might be me causing it and all the lights that had turned back on after we had passed, turned off again. I got paranoid after a while thinking that there may be cameras in them and someone was screwing with me.

4. I suffer from sleep paralysis on a regular basis. It started off as not being able to move or speak for a few seconds but now I also seem to have seizures. I think it may be something to do with being able to wake myself up from strange dreams, as sometimes when I wake, I see both my bedroom and the scene my dream was set.

5. I hear buzzing from electrical appliances when others do not. As well as hearing (and switching off apparently) street lights, I see a ghost/shadow of the base of the lamp post (imagine a bad reception on a tv where, whatever it is you're looking at has a shadow, or ghost effect). It only seems to be the lower third of them though.

6. Again, walking home late one night and admittedly fairly tipsy, my friend and I heard a man from across the street calling out to us. Thinking he was probably drunk and wanting trouble, we ignored him. As we had walked a bit further, we looked back and noticed he was staring up in to the sky. As we looked up we saw an object that looked just like a star (possibly bigger) but was travelling from side to side, up and down and well... pretty much every which way at alarming speeds before disappearing in to thin air.

7. Well there is a lot more but I think the above is enough for now.

I realize that this is the introduction part of the board and I will find a home for these babies when I have familiarized myself with the board a bit. I just thought it would be good to get this stuff off my chest and give people an idea as to why I am here.

I look forward to conversing with you all in the near future.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Hello and welcome to ATS!
warning: This site is addicting and can cause insomnia. LOL

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Thanks for the welcome!! You don't need to tell me how addicting it is, It's 4.15 GMT and I'm still reading through posts and the related links!!

MUST... GO... TO... BED...

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Welcome, good intro.

Enjoy & Deny Ignorance if you can help it.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by noface

Welcome noface...

Some interesting things you got going on...

A friendly reminder to buy thick skin if you didn't already...it makes the stay much easier.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Thank you all for the welcomes.

I forgot to mention that my family used to live on the same street as David Icke of all people. For a brief period at least... before I was born. He used to play in goal for my local football team. Anyway, I'm not too familiar with his work apart from the whole lizard thing but I do like the way he handles himself sometimes. I love the Karl Pilkington interview with him.

Also, one of my favorite bands has a song called 'The Ballad of David Icke'. It's a strange world we live in.

How is he thought of in ATS circles?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Welcome to the ATS crew. Based on what you post here, you will have certain people hate on you, but I don't ever pay any attention to them so have a good time and I look forward to your threads.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by noface
Thank you all for the welcomes.

I forgot to mention that my family used to live on the same street as David Icke of all people. For a brief period at least... before I was born. He used to play in goal for my local football team. Anyway, I'm not too familiar with his work apart from the whole lizard thing but I do like the way he handles himself sometimes. I love the Karl Pilkington interview with him.

Also, one of my favorite bands has a song called 'The Ballad of David Icke'. It's a strange world we live in.

How is he thought of in ATS circles?

David is a bit of a joke around here, but I'll not judge those who believe his theories.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2103c80b9240.jpg[/atsimg]
Hope to see you venture over to belowtopsecret.com and hang out for some off conspiracy topic fun.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Welcome noface.

I like your list of strange events and I hope you find & enjoy your answers.

I'll start out by telling you why the street lamps sometimes turn off when you are near them.

There are flying creatures that are attracted to and feed off of the energy put out by bright street lamps. The creatures are invisible to most humans most of the time. When you are walking down a quiet street and you startle the creatures feeding off the power they cause a short in the circuit and the lamp has to recycle before it comes back on again. I've only caught glimpses of them when looking through multiple glass panes at an angle through holes in a window shade.

I was only able to seen them at one specific angle through the glass. When I moved outside the angle it was not visible but at the exact edge it was visible.

I saw a flying creature like sort of dragon fly several times the size of a typical street lamp lens with sparks showering all around it illuminating its edges with occasional sparks falling towards the ground like pixie dust from the Walt Disney Character Tinkerbell.

It seems when they quit feeding off the power or they get prematurely startled the lights go out. So there you go. Have fun.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by noface

Introducing... me

"I'm not the most educated person in the world, but I do enjoy learning."

Hello, and welcome to ATS.

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain

Numbers, quotients and all the stuff found on the blueprints of existence only detail the design. The inner workings of the completed mechanism – the architecture of life - are left for the individual to delve and discover, independent of books and blackboards.

Best wishes on your journey of discovery!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
That was a good introduction noface i look forward to reading one of your threads welcome to ATS

As for the sceptics one day the smirk on there face will disappear.
Edit to add yes TiM3LoRd is right we need sceptics i just think some are not very nice to some posters not all sceptics have this attitude.

THANKYOU

[edit on 073131p://2009-10-28T07:58:17-05:002810 by mars1]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Welcome noface always good to see new faces here

just off the bat dont be too hard on skeptics they play a vital role here. specifically keeping the more.. whats a nice way of saying it.... creative of us grounded. They offer a counter argument everybody needs to make a solid choice. after all without options you have no free will. Keeping in mind that most people whether they like ir or not are by natural selection followers, and might follow any theory conspiratorial or otherwise. So the next time someone debunks your idea its not because they dont like you or they think they know better than you. They are just trying to find out if your theory, story or whatever material you have delivered is the goods. Not for malice but so that they too can believe. I think you will find a skeptic is really a true believer who has had their fair share of lies and deception. They are just looking for the truth too.

But apart from that i think you will find ATS packed to the rafters with great ideas and fantastic content. And barring a few authentic nut jobs i would have to say 95% of the people in here are some of the nicest on the planet.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by noface

Hello and welcome friend

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency

There are flying creatures that are attracted to and feed off of the energy put out by bright street lamps. The creatures are invisible to most humans most of the time. When you are walking down a quiet street and you startle the creatures feeding off the power they cause a short in the circuit and the lamp has to recycle before it comes back on again. I've only caught glimpses of them when looking through multiple glass panes at an angle through holes in a window shade.

I was only able to seen them at one specific angle through the glass. When I moved outside the angle it was not visible but at the exact edge it was visible.

I saw a flying creature like sort of dragon fly several times the size of a typical street lamp lens with sparks showering all around it illuminating its edges with occasional sparks falling towards the ground like pixie dust from the Walt Disney Character Tinkerbell.

It seems when they quit feeding off the power or they get prematurely startled the lights go out. So there you go. Have fun.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by verylowfrequency]

Hmmm. I remember seeing a documentary called 'Rods' once. I wonder if that is what you saw. That could well be the answer.

And thanks again to all of you for the pleasant welcome.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by noface

Nope, we have plenty of threads on Rods here.

Basically Rods are camera artifacts created by mostly insects & birds that get captured multiple times in one frame due to multiple exposures in one frame of video. This has been debunked by a discovery channel film crew who used both a high speed camera and a standard camera side by side with the identical field of view. When rod like objects were discovered in the standard speed camera they checked the time frame against the high speed camera which was able to capture the flying insects.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by noface

Hello noface, welcome friend,

#3 sparked my interest.....I too have had a history of street lights turning off as I near them, whether in a car or on foot....

Also house lamps and over head lights will do the same....ever since I was a child....many of my friends even pointed it out to me..

Never really researched it, but now you got me thinking....

PEACE and LOVE...

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Glad I got you thinking.
It's been happening to me since I was a child too. I wonder if it's some kind of energy 'within' us?

Actually this site has helped me with one of my questions without even posting anything.

I found out through another thread that this:

2. While walking with my sister late at night, we saw a line appear in the sky. It was like a star had stretched out at the sides, then went back to normal after a second. It wasn't a shooting star as I've seen tons.... well it could have been.

....Is most likely a Satellite flare. en.wikipedia.org...

The pics match up perfectly.

new topics

top topics

join