It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunmen have taken over a UN building in Kabul (?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Gunmen have taken over a UN building in Kabul (?)

news.sky.com

Afghan security forces are battling a group of gunmen holed up inside a UN building in Kabul, say reports.

Machinegun fire and explosions were heard in the area as the incident unfolded.

A UN security officer at the scene told reporters about ten of its employees, all believed to be foreign nationals, were inside the building.

The United Nations could not be reached for comment.

Sporadic gunfire was heard and plumes of black smoke rose above buildings in the Afghan capital.
(visit the link for the full news article)

source

news.sky.com... ?lpos=World_News_Carousel_Region_1&
lid=ARTICLE_15420764_Kabul%2C_Afghanistan%3A_Security_Forces_In_Firefight_With_Gunmen_Holed_Up_In_UN_Building

*edit to add link

[edit on 27-10-2009 by ganja]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Has anyone seen this anywhere other than Sky...? I can't find it anyplace else.. Let me know if ya do!!! I wonder why this isn't all over MSM, as it would only bolster the "need" for more troops over there... Maybe a false flag to get the ball rolling..? I really hope not.

*sorry if this has already been posted, took me a while to get it up as it's my first post...

**edit to add: that's in Afghanistan, if you don't know

***edit to add: Ok it's popped up on cnn international now...

edition.cnn.com...

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Wow, if the international community becomes truly involved, America could just pull out of Afghanistan afterall, couldn't they?

Very interesting.
Very bold and quite alarming.
Any word on who it is?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I wonder why they would start a fire-fight instead of blowing themselves up. Hopefully we can catch one (only one) alive and see what we can learn.

S&F on the quick catch

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
The attack was carried out against the UN for being involved in the Nov. 7th elections?

I'm guessing this mans they don't want the UN to have monitors involved in making sure the election is legal.

And that this is "Their first attack."

Great. And just tonight on the News I heard that the US was going to start PAYING the Taliban to switch sides and fight on behalf of the US.

Good luck with that one now.

I'm surprised this isn't hopping on the boards at this point.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
probably a little late on a work night for it to be to wide spread on the site.

First attack a fire fight not a bombing, if it is the Taliban openly attacking the UN, way bad, that is some serious testicular foritutde

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jacksmoke

This comes immediately on the heels of the US reporting that it is going to start paying the Taliban to work for them.
I know that sounds bad, but both of these stories broke at nearly the same time.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Surprised the UN building didn't have better security.

I wonder how much longer before Obama has to turn from a domestic agenda to a foreign agenda.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I'd imagine that the day is coming really soon that a foreign agenda, especially one in Afghanistan (a war many in America still believe is justifiable) would be a better option than dealing with the crap coming down the chute here at home.

Especially over what I expect is to come of the Capmark bankruptcy.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I am to lazy to post a link, but Uncle Barry gave a speech to troops saying that he would not send them into combat unless it was a nessicity and it could take months to decide a proper course of action and troop levels required in afghanistan. Granted, he said it better. I parapharsed. Maybe Barry paid the Taliban to attack the UN, he is fighting the NWO all by himself. That would be

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jacksmoke

Well, the upside for "uncle barry" will be that the international community is sure to be all over this one.
This comes at a time when public support for the war is starting to wear thin. But remember, the public still thinks the invasion of Afghanistan was justified...

This certainly has me raising the "People's Eyebrow", if you will.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I don't know why it's so hard for people to realize the Taliban is not some rag tag bunch of sandal wearing cavemen. They are HEAVILY funded and it is becoming more and more obvious. We have been battling over there for 8 years. 8 YEARS! And nothing has gotten better only WORSE! Think about it.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Apparently four UN members were killed.. the attackers were armed with grenades, AND suicide vests, as well as machine guns. Also, it says that those claiming responsibility said this was the first attack.. I expect it to get MUCH worse through the day if not the week.

I'm sorry I'm not adding more right now but it's hard to type around my three month old... lol. I'll try and get a little more in depth if/when he passes out..

*Also if it keeps up like this, maybe people will start to realize that they aren't d**king around over there, and some of our countrymens sons and daughters can come the hell home. I'm just glad I got out before Bush was voted in...

[edit on 28-10-2009 by ganja]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

uncle barry is a moniker I made up because I always wanted a rich uncle who would give me anything. The ones I had taught me how to work and be responsible. What a rip off.

The timing couldn't be better for a surge in troops.

The UN is not gonna get more troops from other countries, they are tired of being over there.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Okay, it's now been upped to 6 killed, 9 injured (some of the attackers were also killed - three of them). And there have been witness reports of rockets being fired at the Serena hotel near the presidential palace.. has anyone heard anything else about that?

*edit to fix small errors caused by wiggling young 'un...

[edit on 28-10-2009 by ganja]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
You can't win a war on "Terrorism" because it's not real.

There's no identifiable enemy. Anyone who is "criticizing" the government is called a terrorist (domestic terrorist).

It's the most useless waste of money ever, and the idiots in charge should be locked up for insanity, greed, and waste of everyone's money.

new topics

top topics

join