It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to the "vintage" aliens; where did they go?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
All we hear nowadays from those alleging alien contact/abductions is of one kind of alien, the greys as exemplified by Whitley Strieber on the cover of his book "COMMUNION." Lesser popular but still mentioned by just a few are the reptilians.

But back in the '50s when aliens became part of the flying saucer folklore, aliens were neither grey with large, black, slanted eyes, nor reptilians. Actually, they sounded like your next-door neighbor if he was good looking! Below are 3 of the early cases of alien interaction with each episode's alien changing radically.

Whatever happened to these aliens? How come those reporting alien contact/abduction are sticking to the Strieber type?

George Adamski - November 20, 1952 - Orthon was from planet Venus, he was dressed in a brown overalls-jumpsuit, he was 5'6", his hair reached his shoulders, he looked Nordic.

Antonio Villas Boas - October 16, 1957 - Boas described these creatures in great detail: "a small figure (it only reached to my shoulder) in strange clothes ... All...of them wore a very tight-fitting siren-suit, made of soft, thick, unevenly striped gray material. This garment reached right up to their necks where it was joined to a kind of helmet made of a grey material that looked stiffer and was strengthened back at nose level. Their helmets hide everything except their eyes, which were protected by two round glasses, like the lenses in ordinary glasses. Through them, the men looked at me, and their eyes seemed to be much smaller than ours, though I believe that may have been the effect of the lenses. All of them had light-colored eyes that looked blue to me, but this I cannot vouch for. Above their eyes, those helmets looked so tall that they corresponded to what the double of the size of a normal head should be. Probably there was something else hidden under those helmets, placed on top of their heads, but nothing could be seen from the outside.
--------------------
Charles Hickson & Calvin Parker - On October 10, 1973 - Parker and Hickson would later describe the beings as "about five feet tall, had bullet-shaped heads without necks, slits for mouths, and where their noses or ears would be, they had thin, conical objects sticking out, like carrots from a snowman's head. They had no eyes, grey, wrinkled skin, round feet, and claw-like hands."
--------------------

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
"Whatever happened to these aliens? How come those reporting alien contact/abduction are sticking to the Strieber type?"

Well isn't it obvious? In the 1950's, the government had a very small understanding about extraterrestrials and a small grasp on keeping information out of the public's hands. These were the good ole' days where people like Orthon the Venusian could come to Earth and not be impaled by thousands and thousands of bullets. I slightly exaggerated that last bit.

Nevertheless, the government has largely improved what it allows in and what it allows us to recollect about extraterrestrials.

Nowadays, extraterrestrials largely been reported in have been consistently Grays or Reptoids, because that is what the government wants to be reported and wants us to believe are the real aliens. The films we see like "Fire in the Sky," Independence Day, and Alien are the media outlets intended to brainwash and make us believe aliens are truly malevolent like these stories of Grays and Reptoids.

There are no Grays and Reptoids. Well there are Grays and Gray like entities, but they are much more human like than what we are intended to believe thanks to our ever so corrupt government funding all of this misinformation, propaganda, and good ole' brainwashing with our very own taxpayer dollars at work.

If there were malevolent extraterrestrials and they were working with the government (like-minded individuals) then why do we see films like independence day and war of the worlds? Why does a government allow such films to be made, to even be considered to be made, when such movies give the intention to us that aliens are evil and therefore possibly jeopardize any abduction attempt by making us paranoid, violent, and absolutely xenophobic.
---------------------------------
Edited
---------------------------------
You just have to think: Maybe there is an agenda to make us fear aliens and keep us away from them. But for what purpose? To keep us under the power of those few humans that scared out of their mind by the presence of these peaceful aliens like Orthon the Venusian.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by DrainMaster]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Just a guess but maybe the government gave their creation a make over. Maybe the vintage aliens were not advanced enough for modern day society so they got a new look?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Actually people still report "Nordics" from time to time. I believe they are connected to the Nazis.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
The Hollywood connection I don't buy. I would need to see some serious proof. Other wise, movies are made by people who went to drama and film school. Show me the proof that the Gov't approached Ridley Scott, Steven Spieldberg, and George Lucas. The idea behind Star Wars is based off of a old kung fu movie, The Hidden Fortress.

I really think looking at Hollywood for information on ET/UFO is not the best idea. However I do agree with most people who say the increase in ET/UFO in mainstream media could potentially be some type of preparation.

However the classic films and tv shows, I think the writers and creators just had a passion for the subject. Today there is an increase in sightings I see more of a connection, but at the same time there needs to be some proof.

And proving that would very difficult. You would have to catch the writer engaging in some type of relationship with some type of Gov't agent.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

Modern, from "PC". "It was so small I could hardly see it. I tried to stop it from moving away and I squashed it with my foot".

Also, what happened to the "stick figure ETs"?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
My first 2 were older guys with white white fly away hair and light brown robes..... the 3rd-7th or so, I can't remember, but assumed they were the same?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse
My first 2 were older guys with white white fly away hair and light brown robes..... the 3rd-7th or so, I can't remember, but assumed they were the same?

Not to be corny, but did they kinda look like Jedis?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
This is purely my opinion but what I think is that the "old" aliens were in fact no aliens at all. They were humans, possibly Nazis. They invented the flying saucer technology.

And today's "aliens" are just fictional propaganda. There are no greys nor reptilians. The "alien conspiracy" is IMHO a giant and perfect cover-up.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

well, yeah, mabey a bit, now that you mention it, except his robe was a much lighter colored brown, no hood, and his hair was like PURE white, with a lot of static cling.....lol he also had like a Turquiose belt I think, that was cloth but firm....

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by marcus33cz

Well, my last encounter that I rember visually, was a few days before 911......the one since was 5 years and 10 months ago, but all I rembered was a white haired dog.... so not too long ago....

there have been a few completely blacked out ones since then that I can't prove to myself though...

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Not only have the aliens changed, but their vehicles got more modern too, lol. I like the old style ones over the new models...they had this whole art deco thingy going that just worked for me.

Funny how things change. I think it is as people have their little fantasies or delusions, they incorporate signs of the times into their colorful tales. Either that or all the different aliens that visit us just happen to progress in design and style at the same rate our pop-culture does. Coincidence? I think not.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

While some may be having delusions, I can assure you we aren't ALL having delusions.....

I know what I know...like I said in ym last post, the last ones i can't prove to myself so the last ones I won't discuss....

Have you ever thought that mabey there are just more, hence more variety?

I woudl like to think none of them are making it up...that really pi$$e$ me off, but then again, I can understand because the only guys I ever saw for sure were those human looking guys, so I don't believe in the reptoid or gey thing because I haven't seen with my own two eyes.... but I do know for sure that they can't ALL be making it up..

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I saw aliens just like the ones in Communion in 1988-1989, I was a child that had never seen Strieber`s book cover, as for the ones in the 50s, how could I know I wasn't born when that happened.

I have seen one UFO but it was too far away to distingish shape, so I couldn't know when was it made or what type of craft was it.

If by your post you are meaning that all ufo and alien sightings are a product of mass hysteria, I sincerely believe you are deeply mistaken.

Cheerio

C.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Camilo1]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Camilo1
snip

If by your post you are meaning that all ufo and alien sightings are a product of mass hysteria, I sincerely believe you are deeply mistaken.

Cheerio

C.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Camilo1]

I don't mince words. I didn't mention mass hysteria.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
People continue to report a wide variety of aliens, with different shapes and sizes, to this day. Read Communion and its sequels, and you'll see that Strieber himself even mentions a variety of beings, some of which look like "grays," some of which are much more human-looking, some of which are almost insectoid, and some of which look like little trolls.

top topics

join