It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to pay Taliban to switch sides

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Back on topic
The war in Afghanistan will never end unless another civil war is orchestrated

* Islamic Movement of Afghanistan - Harakat-i-Islami-yi Afghanistan - Shia, led by Ayatollah Muhammad Asif Muhsini.

* Islamic Party of Afghanistan - Jamiat-I Islami-yi Afghanistan - Made up of mainly Persian-speaking Tajiks, led by Burhanuddin Rabbani. In later years as the capital was lost and the situation was largely military, Rabbani had little influence compared to Defence Ministers Ahmed Shah Massoud and Mohammed Fahim, who were also members of the Party.

* Islamic Union for the Liberation of Afghanistan - Ittihad-I Islami Bara-yi Azadi - Pashtun, led by Abdul Rasul Sayyaf.

* Islamic Unity Party of Afghanistan - Hizb-I Wahdat-I Islami-yi Afghanistan - Made up of Shia Hazaras, once led by the martyred Abdul Ali Mazari and later by Mohammed Mohaqiq and Karim Khalili, supported by Iran.

* National Islamic Movement of Afghanistan - Junbish-I Milli-yi Afghanistan - Made up of Uzbeks and former communists, led by Abdul Rashid Dostum, supported by Turkey.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
I see a problem with that quote and that is the fact that 'wrong hands' exists in every society, Americans has as much murderous bastards with no sense of emotions who have deep hate for many people systems and countries.

Those are your words and you'll have to live with them. I don't hate anybody None of my family or friends hate other cultures or people. Maybe you need to seriously reevaluate your perception of Americans. All that Twisted hate, anger and rage you're carrying around will eat you up.

Have you considered therapy yet?

That being said how can we be sure the nukes don't fall in to the wrong hands in the US?

Wrong hands?
I know you have an agenda Ooz it's a well known fact.
Well lets see.

The Korean war broke out MacArthur Suggested using Nukes against the Chinese, that never happened. It was said that the US would create a Nuclear waste land out of Cuba again didn't happen. Some thought the US would have irradiated North Vietnam to prevent them from invading the south.

No sign so far.

WWII. We were already destroying a city a day with conventional bombs anyway. So were the Russians and the Brits and don't think for a second that if the roles were reversed that the Japanese or the German wouldn't have done the same thing to us and that is obliterate our cities to win.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Emerald The Paradigm
reply to post by nenothtu

After I glanced and saw the "I still believe the 9/11 official story" I stopped.

You are Wrong.

You can pretend that the U.S. doesn't back the Taliban or Al-Qaeda and believe in an imaginary boogey man. I mean after all 19 cave men hijacked a plane with box cutters right? Good One.

I note with some relish that you failed to refute my assertions concerning CIA involvement with the Taliban. Instead you ignored it, no doubt hoping it would just go away, and pounced on a side issue having nothing to do with this thread.

I dearly do love it when someone tells me I'm wrong, with nothing to back it up with except ridiculously exaggerated and erroneous assumptions.

"Cave men"? This ain't a Geico commercial.

And you, kind sir, can pretend you instinctively just "know" the facts, without doing the leg work.

I guess in your small world denying ignorance can be backed up by ignoring all evidence and logic.

[edit on 2009/10/29 by nenothtu]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Beefcake

Maybe all the unemployed in various countries right now should join the taliban and ask for some cash to feed their families?

I know why all the things that are happening are happening and it will continue to get worse but it does not change the fact that its absolutely shocking.

I dont think the scheme described in the media will be as clear cut as taking some money to defect but even considering paying what the government calls terrorists money to change their minds is insanity at its finest.

They would be as well invading Afghanistan with bankers instead of troops.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Those are your words and you'll have to live with them. I don't hate anybody None of my family or friends hate other cultures or people. Maybe you need to seriously reevaluate your perception of Americans. All that Twisted hate, anger and rage you're carrying around will eat you up.

Have you considered therapy yet?

Did you think that quote was directed at you? No not at all, and I don't know how you came to that conclusion.

Originally posted by oozyism
I see a problem with that quote and that is the fact that 'wrong hands' exists in every society, Americans has as much murderous bastards with no sense of emotions who have deep hate for many people systems and countries.

The quote is straigt forward, if you misunderstood this quote then you're behind me and think everything is personal. The quote states that every country in the world has 'wrong hands', I guess that is why I put it in bold, and after wards I stated America also contains Americans who are murderous bastards with no sense of emotion who have deep hate for many people, systems and countries. Tell me which part of my paragraph you disagree with instead of personally attacking me.

Wrong hands?
I know you have an agenda Ooz it's a well known fact.
Well lets see.

I have an agenda because I asked

That being said how can we be sure the nukes don't fall in to the wrong hands in the US?

lol

The Korean war broke out MacArthur Suggested using Nukes against the Chinese, that never happened. It was said that the US would create a Nuclear waste land out of Cuba again didn't happen. Some thought the US would have irradiated North Vietnam to prevent them from invading the south.

No sign so far.

WWII. We were already destroying a city a day with conventional bombs anyway. So were the Russians and the Brits and don't think for a second that if the roles were reversed that the Japanese or the German wouldn't have done the same thing to us and that is obliterate our cities to win.

Twist and turns, the question again:

It hasn't happened in the past so it won't happen in the future?

More so how can we be sure if the American people are choosing the right people when voting?

For you to always pick on Iran is not rational a bit from a universal view of current world situation.

America already chose Bush, what will it be next, we can never be sure. Iran and regime change is compatible, America has regime change every 4 years making America much more dangerous than Iran.

Once again, how can we be sure?

oz

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
reply to post by Beefcake

Maybe all the unemployed in various countries right now should join the taliban and ask for some cash to feed their families?

I know why all the things that are happening are happening and it will continue to get worse but it does not change the fact that its absolutely shocking.

I dont think the scheme described in the media will be as clear cut as taking some money to defect but even considering paying what the government calls terrorists money to change their minds is insanity at its finest.

They would be as well invading Afghanistan with bankers instead of troops.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

Oh I like the creative thinking!
I think all American women should wear head scarves for a day to make a statement that we don't have to the next day. And let's all go to mosques and see how accepted we are and how long muslims can preach hate against us... oh wait, the mosque in Detroit has crime tape because the imam fired on FBI agents and was killed. Then let's all make sure our meats are slaughtered in the halal fashion, we should demand it, see PETA freak. Maybe just call PETA with a list of halal slaughterhouses... oh wait the one in Illinois was closed because it was a front for hamas weapon smuggling.
Let's protest honor killing of young girls in America because they are too westernized, or for dating a non-muslim, and let's demand that judges protect a little girl in Florida and not send her back to her parents in Ohio to be honor killed.
Zero tolerance for Sharia Law in the US!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by JJay55

We can't tell them from the regular population because they are one in the same. They aren't western and they never will be. They don't want to change and they tolerate the Taliban.

Wrong...

Before we ever got involved the Taliban were despised and caught up in a civil war with the Northern Alliance. Which were the ones who helped us overthrow them and kicked them to the curb. The Country was in the middle of a civil war. Why does everybody tend to either forget or over look that?

Afghanistan isn't the West. Iraq isn't the West. The rest of the 57 OIC countries aren't the West. They don't want to be like us. War isn't going to change their mind, they love to fight. It's a job to them.

See you loose credibility right here. They don't love to fight. That's a fallacy. They want peace just like everybody else on the planet. Contrary to pop culture internet voodoo theories. Afghanistan has not had peace for decades. They are tired of war The Taliban were religious nut bags who were forcing their twisted minority view of Islam on the whole country. Forcing them back into the dark ages even by Modern Islamic standards.

No they don't have to be like us. No one is advocating that. We are however guilty of dropping the ball after the Soviets pulled out by not stepping up and helping them reconstruct their country. That blame lies squarely on the Shoulders of the US Government and committees.

The danger come when Iran stockpiles a couple of nukes. They will and then there will be mass destruction... of Islam.

Good God just as I thought your cheese slid of it's cracker you pulled this out.

This is exactly why the west doesn't want Iran to get the bomb. What happens if for some reason there is another regime change in Iran. Whose going to make sure their nukes don't fall into the wrong hands?

[edit on 29-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

You took my post out of context so I'll ignore your insults. thanks. Didn't your mom tell you not to insult women?
Masoud's assassination ended the civil war that wasn't that big in the big picture. Islam is the big picture, 57 OIC countries with 100 nukes in the hands of AQ. Iran has nukes thanks to AQ Khan.
If you take individuals and ask them if they want peace, of course they will want peace. However, in a unit there is different motivation. Again, fard ayn is the duty of all muslims, now in Afghanistan especially.
Who's going to make sure nukes don't fall into the wrong hands? heh.
Israel initially.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Here comes the Syrian oil field burning.
"KIRKUK, Iraq, Oct 28 (Reuters) - The Kirkuk pipeline that takes crude from northern Iraq to the Turkish port of Ceyhan was damaged on Monday morning by an explosion caused by "sabotage action," an engineer with Iraq's North Oil Company said."
All part of the 7 phase plan.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Oh, we're fighting mercenaries now?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

No, I wasn't talking about terrorism. I was talking about certainty.

And if you made those comments from the other side, whether or not the CIA would care depends on where you live.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by oozyism

And if you made those comments from the other side, whether or not the CIA would care depends on where you live.

The FBI is the agency who handles comments with threats and such, even internationally. Legally they have to check every one out since 911, so in order to save taxpayer money it's a good idea to exercise control in comments. Also shows a certain amount of maturity... how's that for tying in certainty to the post? heh.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Typical American assumption that money will solve all problems. "Peace sells, but who's buying?"

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

Tell the village leaders that no "inform," their blood be on their own heads. No one can fear two sides equally. Just make sure they fear you the most.

You were talking about terrorizing the villagers, if I talked about terrorizing Americans I would be picked up by the CIA taken to a disclosed location and tortured, probably to death if I didn't give them any information, after all we are guilty until proven innocent.

In American bases the torture is not that bad, I can handle it, but if they send me to Afghanistan, under an Afghani torturer, OMG I would rather die. You saw that Afghani DOG torturer who bit the flesh of its victims and rip it off. Don't even talk about the middle east bases for torture, damn it is even worse.

The FBI picked up more than 5000 thousand people and then told them they had done nothing wrong, guilty until proven innocent. The FBI is not secret, the CIA is, there torture bases are horrible, you might think SAW is sore, you have no clue what happens behind the curtains.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
The Taliban aren't terrorists. They're just an extremist group in Aghanistan. They didn't attack us or commit any acts of terror against us. All they did was to give bin Laden refuge in their country. That, by the way, is a very strong custom among Muslims, and to break it (by handing over bin Laden) would have brought an intolerable dishonor to the Taliban and the Afghan government.

I don't know what the Taliban's take is on this offer, but I'm thinking they still have a problem with honor. As far as I know, they've called for a jihad against the US. If this is true, then to accept money from them would be unthinkable. The Taliban is composed of people who honestly believe that if they die fighting jihad, they immediately go to heaven and get all sorts of goodies. Do you think they'll just shrug and say, "Oh, well if you'll give us money, then all right then. We'll stop fighting."? Hardly. Somehow they'll have to be able to claim that they've "won" the jihad. I'm not sure money would do it. We'd probably have to completely leave the country, which wouldn't necessarily be in our best interests. Not after we created so many terrorists by bombing civilians.

Another point. We created the Taliban. During the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, we figured that if we created a Muslim extremist organization and funded it, this would make the Soviet's lives miserable. We were right. We funded and armed these extremists, got them into power, and they kicked Soviet butt. Of course, the Afghans have kicked everyone's butts who tried to mess with them. The Brits got slaughtered there, too.

Anyway, that Taliban we created is still using those Stinger missiles and other weapons to shoot down our planes and kill our troops. That really sucks, but there is a sort of karmic justice about it. We're getting a taste of our own medicine. The Russians are no doubt laughing behind our backs over it. Or maybe to our faces.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
Another point. We created the Taliban. During the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, we figured that if we created a Muslim extremist organization and funded it, this would make the Soviet's lives miserable. We were right. We funded and armed these extremists, got them into power, and they kicked Soviet butt. Of course, the Afghans have kicked everyone's butts who tried to mess with them. The Brits got slaughtered there, too.

This is a myth. While we trained the Northern aliance mujihadine we did not create them. They were there long before we got there and their beliefs were too. Saudi funded them, not us.
By continuing this myth we apologize for their actions. The Taliban/Mujihadine/Islam is responsible for their own actions. They can stop fighting at anytime and lay down their weapons. But like you said, they won't, it's against their religion.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Taliban leader rejects U.S. attempts to lure away fighters with money

"The Mujahedeen of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan are not mercenaries and employed gunmen like the armed men of the invaders and their surrogates," Mullah Brader Akhund said in the statement. "This war will come to an end when all invaders leave our country and an Islamic government based on the aspirations of our people is formed in the country."

Source - edition.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by CuteAngel
Taliban leader rejects U.S. attempts to lure away fighters with money

"The Mujahedeen of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan are not mercenaries and employed gunmen like the armed men of the invaders and their surrogates," Mullah Brader Akhund said in the statement. "This war will come to an end when all invaders leave our country and an Islamic government based on the aspirations of our people is formed in the country."

Source - edition.cnn.com...

Fard ayn. They will stick by that.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Always lacking in these discussions is a hard reality that effects practically all people in that part of the world. Money is lacking. For the majority it's a struggle to find enough food, shelter, some sort of prsonal security.

Warlords, militaries, whoever offers some viable protection from robery, rape, murder - are welcomed by people just wanting to raise families in some safety.

A problem is the groups that rise to dominance are better at defeating enemies and less inclined o governance.Fighting, not administering is their strength. And running a place means constantly putting down rebellion. Because the horrible reality is there never is enough food, water, good to distribute to everyone equitably.

A hellish cycle that unfolds throughout Asia and Africa. Who gets fed, who is neglected.

Mike

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join