It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Luck or ESP?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Some people can consistently get 2 or even 3 numbers right on lottery picks. Are they just lucky or do they have clairvoyant capabilities. I'd be interested in hearing the opinions of anyone who seems to have above average luck.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Well, I am not statistician but those who play the same numbers over and over IMO, have higher chances at winning.

If you flip a coin, chances are 50-50 that it will land a certain way (unless you got some crazy computer doing it at a certain force...).

There is a VERY high number of players. So the chances of strange coincidences happening are very small, there are so many people playing that there will always be a few that get out of this world experiences - such as winning...

On a side note, theoretically if you play the same numbers over and over, your chances of winning will increase, until of course when you do win, or get close to it.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
if enough people play the lottery you can get dozens of winners. it doesnt make them psychic. it's purely statistics.

get 2 family members and a die. ask them to guess what number you'll roll.
roll the die.

now get several million people and guess what you'll roll.

are the thousands upon thousands of people who guess right any more psychic than your two family members?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Studenofhistory
Some people can consistently get 2 or even 3 numbers right on lottery picks. Are they just lucky or do they have clairvoyant capabilities. I'd be interested in hearing the opinions of anyone who seems to have above average luck.

That would be me, however at the poker table not with lottery tickets.
I have had some significant wins with powerball but in the grand scheme of things; a big looser with the lottery.

But with Texas holdem and Omaha tables; sometimes I get a feeling of power that I can't explain. I somehow know that it's going to be my time to win. Perhaps not the big winner but still in the top three. I only play tournaments.

Is it luck, ESP; I don't know but I'm sure that skill might play a part as I have paid my dues on the losing end. It's about time that I recoup some of my earlier days when I was "taken to the cleaners"

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
We all have different leveles of judgement and feelings etc.... Thats why the masons are what they are and the higher ones, think they are special, as there judgement they think is better than all yours.

You take that as you will, but for me, there is something about everyones judgement, and its not something everyone has. This is something i agree with the ptb on.

top topics

join