It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there really "disinfo agents" on ATS and similar sites?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TheNetherlands

It doesnt matter that facebook has millions of members. Its not abount the amount of members, its about The members themselves.

The amount of members does matter for two reasons. The first being people are using the size of ATS as proof that TPTB are monitoring this site. The second being the sites myself and others listed are a more accurate representation of the “common folks” you speak of, not ATS.

This site is way more dangerous to TPTB because we are the people who want to find the truth.

There are many sites like this, and this site does not own the entire truth market.

We are the people that are awake to what is happening, or what will happen. We are the people that inform eachother about the bad things they plan or want to do.

So what you’re saying is all 100k plus members of ATS are the saviors of mankind and the only ones informing the public about their plans?

For example, if they are affraid of being exposed about 911, they are affraid of us, not of those millions on facebook who know nothing.

They aren’t afraid about being exposed about 9/11. They’ve covered up the crime scene, they’ve paid off who all they needed to pay off and the general public believes Tim Osman was responsible for the attacks.

We are the people that are not under their control. We question them, we want to find truth about everything, and we think for ourselves. This is what makes ATS a danger to them whilst a site with millions of members like facebook will not be feared.

That’s all fine and dandy, but that doesn’t mean they are here. Moreover, ATS is not an accurate representation of “common folks” as being in the know would make them uncommon. Are you starting to get this now or will we continue in circles?

When people come to ATS it means they are getting out of the control of our "leaders". It means they are on to something, or they want to get informed about something.

I admit, there are things I didn’t know about until I came to this site, time wave zero for example, but again that is info that can be found on other sites. There are many reasons for coming to this site, but to spread disinfo? I don’t see it, at least not government disinfo agents.

As we only mostly talk about topics TPTB wont want us to know about we pose a threat. And since ATS is biggest in his kind, we opose a very BIG threat. We are all here for a reason. Or are you here because you like the boards design?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this site does not pose a threat. You want to know why? This site is too fragmented and this site does not have the monetary power to pose a threat. The governments pockets are endless, and if they want to cut the lights out at ATS they have ways to do it. What can ATS do to harm the government? Nothing. Its members can talk, but we all know talk is cheap. And yes I come here because I like the boards design.

Lets face it, if you are not awake of whats going on behind the scenes, then you are not here. And if you are not awake to that you also are no threat to them. And yes, people not awake to whats going on come here too, but we will rudely awaken them very very fast.

Have you taken a look at the threads were people openly say they support the NWO?

For what? to keep track on the general opinion about Cameron Diaz latest movie? To keep track on the general opinion about the new winter-collections from Dolce and Gabbana?

Amongst other things, yes. Coming here does not allow them to keep track about the general opinion because this site does not cater to the general public, nor does it provide an accurate representation of the general public.

They want to keep track of the general opinion on topics like swine flu, ufo's, 911 and politics. They wont find that at Facebook, MSN.com or whatever.

How come they won’t? They have gone public and said they are on myspace, facebook (refer to the Obama that caused a ruckus, etc.) These things are on every site you listed, and people can comment on them in the comment sections or in their forums. Again, there is nothing on this site that can’t be found elsewhere.

Ofcourse they do it anyways even if they know the ATS people know about it.

Stop. You just lost your entire premise, friend. According to you they do it anyways, so if they do it anyways, that means they don’t fear ATS.

But what a great way it is to find the people with government connections, to find the leaks whithin their own organisations, and to find out about the threats they face as in people with the knowledge. It would not be the first time a "whistleblower" gets killed in a mysterious accident or just dissapears from the face of the earth

Has anyone come to ATS, said they have inside scoops and have their claims actually validated? Has any whistle blower come to ATS? Where are they now? If you want to blow a whistle don’t you think there are other ways to do it?

Yes, they alraedy know who the top guys are. And how do they know? because they've monitored the community of which ATS is a big part....You get to know about them by visiting sites like ATS.

Listen, if those things exist, they are going to track the people involved not people who aren’t in the loop. If the people involved come here, then I can see them coming here. If the people involved aren’t here, they have no reason to come here.

Thats not what i meant my friend, i meant like if there was a martial law being put in place, if you guys were invaded by your own military or if you government took away all your rights. I mean really big bad things concerning you people. If your country invaded Iraq its easy to say ok, i wont agree with it, but i will go on with my life. If your government strips you of all your rights and puts the military in every city thats a whole different dimension.

It’s a dimension the public will take because they’re fragmented, predisposed to accepting it, and are content with what the government says. Martial law, the removal of the constitution, loss of rights, the average joe doesn’t care about this. As long as his needs are met he’s content, and if TPTB are allowing him to meet his needs he couldn’t care less about what’s right.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this site does not pose a threat. You want to know why? This site is too fragmented and this site does not have the monetary power to pose a threat. The governments pockets are endless, and if they want to cut the lights out at ATS they have ways to do it. What can ATS do to harm the government? Nothing. Its members can talk, but we all know talk is cheap. And yes I come here because I like the boards design.

Like you, I do believe that it is not worth the government's effort to provide disinformation here. However, there is no question that the government now monitors ATS. Of that, I am certain.
Most of us remember the member who actually telescoped the violent actions that he was planning at his school, and subsequently carried out. I won't mention his member ID, but because of him, the government is watching out for such signals at conspiracy websites. Actually, I'm glad the government is doing that. Nobody wants another repeat of that MN school incident.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Follow the money trail. I know, that phrase is so overused its become mundane. Seriously, follow the money trail.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Consider a hypothetical scenario such as this. If you want to find out what people think for marketing purposes, what better way than to provide them with the tools to congregate and speak out? Demographic datamining is profitable. Every public forum is useful for this reason. Just because we think we're discussing CT and doing research in that regard does not necessarily mean our understanding and "their" purpose are identical.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE
Why would disinfo agents be here? Is this site remotely important to TPTB or have ATS members made these claims without evidence?

Oh, YES!
THIS SITE and other are very very important in many issues.

ATS is one of the few sites in the world where you can find some "news" that you can't find in other media.

If "something" slip out and focused here, then it could rise into the "official" NEWS program worldwide... as a tzunami...

ATS is a Strategic Place to monitoring the "Wave"...

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
So... wait... what has been posted on here that is so true that TPTB have to "disinfo" it...

2012? Reptilians? Abduction by about a bazillion different alien species? Time Travelers? Obama's Birth Certificate? Secret NWO people? Chemtrails? Man-Made Pandemics? 9/11 "truth"? Nibiru?

So, if you don't believe in this stuff... you are a disinfo agent? Maybe the fact that a lot of the stuff here is patently ridiculous should be all the "disinfo" people need. If anyone here did find out about aliens or something really cool, there is enough crackpot stuff here to make the site its own disinfo agent.

TPTB don't really need to convince the people of this site, we shouldn't feel like we are that important.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Yes, they probably do monitor the site, I'm just saying I don't think they employ people to come here, make one shot accounts and disrupt the balance. No, a far more effective way is to get in, earn the trust of those in charge and then spread corruption.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

As I've previously stated there is nothing here on ATS that can't be found on other sites. What this site does have is a unique user experience, board layout, etc, but content wise, aside from ATS generated content which covers the same topics as AJ, Rense, etc, there is nothing exclusive. Therefore there is no need to send paid goons here to disrupt anything.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Yes, they probably do monitor the site, I'm just saying I don't think they employ people to come here, make one shot accounts and disrupt the balance. No, a far more effective way is to get in, earn the trust of those in charge and then spread corruption.

Doesn't work that way. A person can come in and state they are from anyone of the alphabet companies and prove it. The staff couldn't act on that without T&C infractions. It would be more likely that they would come in and build a membership base for their agenda.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
all I got to say on the matter is ... post something not readily known, and see how fast it drops... I find all kinds of really good stuff here on ATS... but not via - the forums but the archive of the forums... only the stuff that is widely known with no or little impact is visible...

example.... question why was the International Space Station scheduled to arrive over New York City at the exact same time 911 was going on...?

humm, seems bin laden controls our space station and its location... coincedence.... me dont think so... and I can show you the finger prints...
why isnt this in court... ? because you are not suppose to care... so dont.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Doesn't work that way. A person can come in and state they are from anyone of the alphabet companies and prove it. The staff couldn't act on that without T&C infractions. It would be more likely that they would come in and build a membership base for their agenda.

It's worked that way throughout the course of time, ATS is no different. And if you've read my previous comments you'll see I said the most effective way is to garner trust and to build a membership base. Now how do you garner trust and build a membership base? You befriend those in power. That is number one. That is the first process that has been implemented throughout the course of humanity and is no different on the internet. If you befriend those in charge, you already have a leg up on the common joe, and it's easier for you to slip your agenda in. Now that you have that, all you have to do is present yourself as a lamb or truth bearer, make a positive effect on the community, post, help out etc. As time goes by more people see this, you become more effective, the numbers are there, and then you slowly start to mix things up to sway people in your direction. You don't do it swift because too much change offered in a short time span won't work. You do it slowly...and slowly...and slowly...until finally they've accepted your cause and you've turned them.

Again,if there are disinfo agents here, you start at the very top and work your way down.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Again,if there are disinfo agents here, you start at the very top and work your way down.

And you would be wrong. We guide ATS by the T&C, not who we like. You wouldn't believe the vetting process to promote members to moderators. It's extensive because we want mods to guide ATS by the T&C, not any personal agenda. Have mistakes been made in the past? Sure. We even had to remove an Admin that had his own agenda. I don't know if he was a disinfo agent though.

Are they here? I'm sure they are. I won't name names but I believe they are here and their only contribution to the board will be their posts. Not in guiding ATS. If their posts are inside the T&C not much the staff can do. WE are regulated as well. ONLY the T&C. If it were otherwise we would be the Nazi's that we get accused of on a regular basis.

Nothing can compete to this with a critical mind. Read what you do and put your grey matter to work and discern the truth for yourself. That's what everyone should do imo.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

And you would be wrong. We guide ATS by the T&C, not who we like.

But there are flaws within the T&C that actually allow for the mods to implement bias.

You wouldn't believe the vetting process to promote members to moderators.

Being promoted to mod status is not a prerequisite to getting in, earning trust and creating disruption.

It's extensive because we want mods to guide ATS by the T&C, not any personal agenda. Have mistakes been made in the past? Sure. We even had to remove an Admin that had his own agenda. I don't know if he was a disinfo agent though.

Like the other guy you just lost your premise. The T&C did not stop an Admin from having or trying to implement his own agenda. Moreover, this guy was at the top of the food chain not some ham & egger who joined once and got canned four days later. Again, throughout history, not just the internet, the most effective way to implement your agenda is to start at the top. When you start at the top, and you’re effective, your message or whatever it is you’re trying to do will flow down the food chain and those on the bottom will accept it. Again, history shows it, basic psychology shows it and to assume that ATS is somehow above it or protected by T&C is folly. Is it a good T&C? I would say it’s a bit unbalanced in certain areas and forgiving in others, but no matter the T&C, you cannot stop people, human beings, from following whatever intrinsic or extrinsic path they wish to follow.

And BTW, I want to make this clear for the readers, I am not saying ATS staff is corrupt, that ATS staff is spreading disinformation, etc. I already said I don’t think disinfo agents are here, so if I'm saying they aren't here, I'm also saying ATS staff are not disinfo agents. So please don’t take my posts the wrong way.

Are they here? I'm sure they are. I won't name names but I believe they are here and their only contribution to the board will be their posts. Not in guiding ATS.

The fact that they contribute in the form of posting is equally powerful. The reason why it is powerful because it can be spun into the “the mods don’t care about you, you just saw what he did right?” See it offers rapport because they’re both equal in terms of position—they’re both members. In regards to guiding ATS, all they would need is to garner sympathy from one person of influence, or gain the trust of one person of influence and slowly it starts to happen. Again, look at any form of government where corruption has occurred and you’ll see it is no different.

If their posts are inside the T&C not much the staff can do.

And their posts will be inside the T&C. These people, if they are here, will veil their intentions and earn trust be operating within the T&C, posting what people want to hear, etc. Sometimes they’ll mix it up to not draw attention to themselves, but make no mistake about it, they aren’t going to act openly, and that is the misconception people are having.

WE are regulated as well. ONLY the T&C. If it were otherwise we would be the Nazi's that we get accused of on a regular basis.

I’ve addressed this.

Nothing can compete to this with a critical mind. Read what you do and put your grey matter to work and discern the truth for yourself. That's what everyone should do imo.

Friend, if everyone did this ATS would not exist. In fact, I’d go on to wager that if 25% of the worlds population did this ATS wouldn’t exist. In closing, ATS like TPTB need people to shun critical thinking, discernment, etc but they are for two completely different reasons. TPTB need it to retain control, because if the common man truly understood what was happening, he’d probably go berserk. ATS needs it because it offers refuge for people who think outside the box and don’t want to mingle with the sheep.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheNetherlands
. And since ATS is biggest in his kind, we opose a very BIG threat. We are all here for a reason. Or are you here because you like the boards design?

Lets face it, if you are not awake of whats going on behind the scenes, then you are not here. And if you are not awake to that you also are no threat to them.

And yes, people not awake to whats going on come here too, but we will rudely awaken them very very fast.

For what? to keep track on the general opinion about Cameron Diaz latest movie? To keep track on the general opinion about the new winter-collections from Dolce and Gabbana?

They want to keep track of the general opinion on topics like swine flu, ufo's, 911 and politics. They wont find that at Facebook, MSN.com or whatever.

third of all, if they plan on doing something, like a new 911 or martial law or sumthing, they can watch closely if and what people know about it
rse they do it anyways even if they know the ATS people know about it. But what a great way it is to find the people with government connections, to find the leaks whithin their own organisations, and to find out about the threats they face as in people with the knowledge. It would not be the first time a "whistleblower" gets killed in a mysterious accident or just dissapears from the face of the earth.

Yes, they alraedy know who the top guys are. And how do they know? because they've monitored the community of which ATS is a big part. How else do you think they know? because the name of those top-guys popped in their heads when they took a poop one day? Ofcourse not, they know because they monitor sites like ATS. For example, before i came to this site, or another one in this community, i had never heard about Disclosure Project, Greer, Alex Collier, Project Camelot, Hoagland and name all those guys. You get to know about them by visiting sites like ATS.

point five is, and this is maybe for a government even more important than all the above.... if something bad is going to happen, ATS is the typical site where people find eachother to team up and form some kind of "resistance group". If there was a martial law or invasion or whatever, this is typically a site where people form a resistance organisation

Thats not what i meant my friend, i meant like if there was a martial law being put in place, if you guys were invaded by your own military or if you government took away all your rights. I mean really big bad things concerning you people. If your country invaded Iraq its easy to say ok, i wont agree with it, but i will go on with my life. If your government strips you of all your rights and puts the military in every city thats a whole different dimension.[/quote/]

[edit on 28/10/09 by TheNetherlands]

I will send you my social security check if you keep on posting like this!
Then you will be working for my goverment when you cash it LOL
Your logic is very good IMO. My computer skills have allowed me to screw up the quote. Sorry.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

My friend this is what you don’t get. I could tell you the truth of the universe and everything that has ever happened in it since its inception.

That doesn’t mean you are going to accept it as the truth.

The truth is a subjective thing and a matter of perspective to all people.

What you are basically suggesting is that the truth becomes the truth when everyone agrees it’s the truth and in your opinion the only thing that is keeping people from agreeing on the truth is people purposefully spreading lies.

The only thing that keeps people from agreeing on what is the truth is their own egos, and absolute belief in their own unique perspective that makes the truth subjective to them.

I actually know some of the principal Powers that Be.

They absolutely don’t fear you or anyone on this site for one simple reason…you are on this site.

You aren’t in their board rooms, or their clubs, or retreats or golf courses, restaurants, mansions, hotels, yachts or banks getting in their way or attempting to rival them.

You are instead talking in endless circles engaged in mental masturbation and frankly they resent that they have to make the decisions for everyone else while you are busy having brain farts.

That’s the truth that they all agree on.

Give it a rest friend. The action sure isn’t here on ATS and chances are you are never going to get close to it.

Doesn’t matter what your commentary is on a Foot Ball Game when you aren’t one of the players on the field.

The games on out there not in here friend!

[edit on 29/10/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Are you sure you're quoting the right person? If you meant to quote someone else disregard my post. If you meant to quote me, enjoy.

My friend this is what you don’t get. I could tell you the truth of the universe and everything that has ever happened in it since its inception. That doesn’t mean you are going to accept it as the truth.

I’d accept it as truth if you provided evidence and I were able to validate your claims for myself.

The truth is a subjective thing and a matter of perspective to all people.

No, not all truth is subjective and many things are black and/or white with no area in between.

What you are basically suggesting is that the truth becomes the truth when everyone agrees it’s the truth and in your opinion the only thing that is keeping people from agreeing on the truth is people purposefully spreading lies.

Incorrect, read my posts again. If you don’t understand the premise you should ask, but don’t do what you’re doing now. Word jugglery and circle talk are things I can do without, thanks.

The only thing that keeps people from agreeing on what is the truth is their own egos, and absolute belief in their own unique perspective that makes the truth subjective to them.

See above.

I actually know some of the principal Powers that Be.

Sure friend, and there are people here who are aliens from the planet BLABABABBYLABYBABYBLA, psychics, people who traveled back in time via the internet, people from other dimensions and people who were Judas and Jesus in their past lives. Now how do we know you actually know these people? More importantly, why is it even important?

They absolutely don’t fear you or anyone on this site for one simple reason…you are on this site.You aren’t in their board rooms, or their clubs, or retreats or golf courses, restaurants, mansions, hotels, yachts or banks getting in their way or attempting to rival them.

Which goes back to what others and myself have said several times now, we aren’t important, this site isn’t important.

You are instead talking in endless circles engaged in mental masturbation and frankly they resent that they have to make the decisions for everyone else while you are busy having brain farts.

If I were to address this lunacy I’d be docked another 1,000 ATS points.
[Pay attention kids, when pseudo intellectuals and wanna be sages try to bait you, don’t fall for it. Swiftly move on as engaging these type of individuals will surely lead to error.]

Give it a rest friend. The action sure isn’t here on ATS and chances are you are never going to get close to it.

More proof you don’t read. I’ve constantly said the action isn’t here. Why are you telling me it isn’t when I’ve openly said it or implied it?

Doesn’t matter what your commentary is on a Foot Ball Game when you aren’t one of the players on the field. The games on out there not in here friend!

See above sport. Either you quoted me when you meant to quote someone else, or logic and reading are not your friend and you haven’t read anything I’ve typed.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   

reply to post by Imagir

As I've previously stated there is nothing here on ATS that can't be found on other sites. What this site does have is a unique user experience, board layout, etc, but content wise, aside from ATS generated content which covers the same topics as AJ, Rense, etc, there is nothing exclusive. Therefore there is no need to send paid goons here to disrupt anything.

Wrong! Sorry, but you "ignore (?)" how Intelligence work.

The interest of the "World of the Inteligence"is known from long long time on the Media (TV, Newspapers and Internet).

To control the Media means to control the acquaintance, knowledge and the truth.

The tasks of an Agency of Intelligence are various, but they can be reassumed so: To know the threats, to defend the constituted interest, and to block every possible threat to the constituted interest.

In what their job consists? What they do for living?

Gather informations...

Fundamentalally, "To acquire Informations"… and "to control informations".

Here on ATS there are many informations "easy" to acquire, to block or control.

As I Said: Above Top Secret is a STRATEGIC PLACE TO MONITORING THE "WAVE"!

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

Wrong! Sorry, but you "ignore (?)" how Intelligence work.

No, actually I don’t and you’re ignoring how intelligence works, how propaganda works and how it is successfully implemented in a community environment.

The interest of the "World of the Inteligence"is known from long long time on the Media (TV, Newspapers and Internet).

And that translates to ATS having goons on here to spread disinformation?

To control the Media means to control the acquaintance, knowledge and the truth.

And they control the media, which is a far more powerful tool for persuasion then ATS. They can reach more people, in various ways, aren’t restricted by budgets and, as it stands, already have the majority of the population under their control. They are not concerned about ATS because ATS represents a small number that can do nothing. I'm sorry, and this is not a knock to ATS but mankind, especially America, is lost. There is no waking people up or bringing them to light.

The tasks of an Agency of Intelligence are various, but they can be reassumed so: To know the threats, to defend the constituted interest, and to block every possible threat to the constituted interest.

As I’ve shown, ATS poses no threat to TPTB, and if you think they do, give some examples besides “We know the truth to 9-11 and the Alien ship that land in Michaels backyard 40 years ago.”

Aside from shows generated by ATS, is there any info here that is exclusive to ATS? No. Is there any whistle blower that has given ATS the inside scoop, or has he/she gone public here on ATS? No. Does ATS have mass-market appeal? No. Does ATS control anything remotely related to the war economy, energy (oil), food, drugs and banking? No. Knowing we just answered no to the most important questions, why is ATS a threat? Give me logical reasons, outside of “we aren’t slaves so they watch us” that show why they would be here.

In what their job consists? What they do for living? Gather informations... Fundamentalally, "To acquire Informations"… and "to control informations".

Another one bites the dust. Friend, we aren’t talking about the gathering of information. If someone wanted to gather info all they would have to do is sign up and read the posts or use the search engine. What we’re talking about is disinformation, and the spreading of disinformation, not the gathering of information.

Here on ATS there are many informations "easy" to acquire, to block or control.

And as I’ve said there is nothing here that can’t be found elsewhere.

As I Said: Above Top Secret is a STRATEGIC PLACE TO MONITORING THE "WAVE"!

If the wave is the general public it’s the wrong place to monitor.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

ATS represents a small leak in the immense Mediatic Dam; a spark of light in world-wide mediatic dusk.

Here it is discussed about many things, some absolutely fake or false ones, but others....... very, very sensitive on some vital issues.

People on ATS spread NEWS related to the war economy, energy (oil), food, drugs and banking, and this IS A THREAT, if "something slip out"... out of the control.

This spark could be a huge fire in media news if it is infiltrated slowly in the shirt of the meiatic wall.

And This is A HUGE THREAT!

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
As much as I enjoy reading what others think, picking up pieces of news I'd miss, getting new insights - it has some limitation. At best it can shape the opinions of young people and those searching. But it is powerless to enact changes itself.

In a way, as soon as you log into ATS you are admitting your helplessness. If you really wanted to make a difference you'd be out there doing something in your community, the political or business world, somewhere on the other side of the planet.

All you can gain here is some informational ammunition to tackle the problems and disparities you see and think need changing.

One charitable act, a contribution in money or time to a politician you favour, lodging a protest against a company, will do more than a thousand impassioned messages you send here.

M

[edit on 30-10-2009 by mmiichael]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join