It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there really "disinfo agents" on ATS and similar sites?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kingoftheworld

Not in all cases, no. The person may simply have an axe to grind because they may not personally like a specific poster for whatever reason. That doesn't mean they are hired by TPTB to keep watch on us. For example, I'm very skeptical of two mods here and have an axe to grind with them (for reasons I will not go into), but you don't see me slamming ATS or anything like that. What you will see me doing is speaking out against claims that forced vaccination conspiracies were started by ATS members or that ATS is out to get AJ (both of these are real claims and real threads.) In addition, I've openly said our political system is a farce, TPTB (Roths, Bilderbergs, CFR, TLC, etc) are real and want to make slaves of us and that the public is divided over nonsense such as race/skin color, religion, economic class, etc. But if we use your logic, and those who agree with you, I'm a disinformation agent not because of the above, which is actually in opposition to TPTB, but simply because I say there are no disinfo goons here.

Quite hillarious if you ask me...

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Franz

And you hit what I was talking about earlier. The guy you're talking about is a regular contributor not some ham & egger who popped up on that site and was gone within 48 hours. He's able to persuade people not simply because of his words or wit, but by the fact that people see him and his post count and automatically assume he knows what he's talking about.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Maybe ATS is monitored by gov't agents. They are probably just supposed to go thru ATS to see what topics are discussed and what we are saying. And when they are reading the threads. they just cant help themselves and they have to say something about the topic being discussed.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheNetherlands

Well said
I agree
This whole site could be government sponsored and controled.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
If they were not disinfo agents and still posted some of the stuff I see here, i would really be disappointed in my fellow members. People that get paid to lie I can respect much more. than those that refuse to deny ignorance, so I choose to believe that there is an army of disinfo agents on this website. If there is not, we are in worse shape than I thought we were.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by avenger6143

I concur completely.The disinfo folks can be frustrating for normal discussion but they are so dumb you can bust them in a heart beat.
Lies, white lies ,SPIN just don't wash here.
Disinfo is for numb nuts.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Im going to guess that more than a few "disinfo" agents are gathering here to debunk the "disinfo" theory itself and thus convince the rest of the unsure populace that the people yelling about the whole "disinfo" theory are nut jobs. AND OF COURSE they would say that they are DISINFO agents. Your not going to have a thief break into your house and then admit to being a thief are you?

Yes there are people here who seem to push a certain "everything is fine go about your business"agenda. whether they are paid for or just individuals who love the prison so much they dont want us talking about it, lest more people wake up and they be left alone in this sad excuse for a civilization with their task masters beating them harder because now they have more of a load to carry, is not the point.

The point is these individuals for whatever reason seem to love the status quo, and thats fine, but defending it with so much anger, hate and ridicule lead me to believe that there is something they dont want to deal with and the people who talk about it are "disturbing" their pretty little picture of reality.

As has been pointed out before if you know the governments tap cells phones and read emails trying to find info that is useful to determine a threat against itself, but didnt keep an eye on a site like this then you have bigger problems than worrying about if there are disinfo agents here or not. Just think about it, do you think a body as big as the government wouldnt invest even a fraction of its budget even if its 5 nerds in a room full of soda pop and doritos. Thats nothing, and remember there are more and more people waking up everyday asking questions. They invariably come to this site and who better than government paid lackeys to answer all their questions.

As far as counter intelligence goes disinfo is the first line of defense and anybody that thinks otherwise is a disinfo agent. ok i couldnt resist. no not everybody who disagrees is a disinfo agent.

Ok jokes aside come on everybody knows this site would be on a watch list right? I mean seriously come on the stuff people talk about on here. If you wanted to go one step further it wouldn't not be such a stretch of the imagination to think if they wanted total control over what is being discussed to buy the site outright.

just saying is all.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Anyone here that doesn't agree with anyone else is a disinfo agent...

Disinfo agents abound. Be weary (of being disagreed with).

People who can't take being disagreed with or who are up "against" someone who has better rhetorical skills always falls back on the disinfo agent technique.

Anyone who accuses anyone else of being a dis-info agent is either joking, trolling, or insane.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Nah, there are no government disinfo agents on ATS.

Why would anyone be suspicious of posters who spend all their free time trying to debunk 9/11 conspiracy theories and who don't post anywhere else?

Perfectly reasonable and logical.

Move along folks, nothing to see here.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

The post I am replying to here goes way in to detail about the knowing of how it all works.
You seem to be out numbered on the thread in your views (albeit a conspiracy thread).
Do you agree?

Also I hope you do not limit your Governments to just Americas'.
There are hundreds that could and IMO do post here.
Well maybe 25.
The Prof. you defend made a post that I and at least one other member recognized as one that a disinfo person would post. Neither the other poster or I said the Prof. was one.
IF I was a disinfo dude I would get a Prof. Avatar or an--- I am not a Disinfo Dude Avitar. Maybe I could get one that says Wacky WEEd or
Jay Jay Tommy. I could be UMPIRE or MMikey as well.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

thats a valid statement and i agree but you still havent stated clearly whether you believe if there are disinfo agents working here at Ats or not?

Members calling other members disinfo because of a lack of debating skills doesnt take away from the fact that there are ACTUAL disinfo agents.... does it?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

I sorta see them in that office, one hand full of Doritos and the other hand giving pleasure to the other, until the screen lights up and someone has to answer the post that is not healthy for the Agency.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

thats a valid statement and i agree but you still havent stated clearly whether you believe if there are disinfo agents working here at Ats or not?

Members calling other members disinfo because of a lack of debating skills doesnt take away from the fact that there are ACTUAL disinfo agents.... does it?

Why should "belief" matter? What the hell does "belief" change about the facts?

There are no such thing as "actual" disinfo agents absolutely. An "actual" disinfo agent is anyone who doesn't agree with the propaganda you are spreading and is often giving counter-propaganda.

You can verify this by looking at random threads here on ATS.

I don't "believe" any of this: I've noticed it empirically while observing this message board.

If you want to "believe" anyone is a disinfo agent then you are no better than someone in a cult "believing" that they are going to heaven when the next comet hits (as long as you are wearing new Nikes)

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Yes, there are disinformationists in here on ATS. I deal with them everyday especially on the 911 threads. They will lie, spin, ridicule, insult, avoid, never answering your questions, change subjects, derail, anger issues, and so on. You know when you are dealing with a disinformationist, when they argue only using their “opinions” and claiming authority and their information is supposedly fact without ever posting any sources.
A good disinformationist never shows any emotions in his or hers posts.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The government probably doesn't need to pay people since this site attracts a lot of insanity by the very nature of what it is.

I would also point out that what is called "disinfo" on ATS is found everywhere on the internet on every forum about every topic. People choose to be passionate about things, refuse to engage in intelligent debate, lack the ability to be open minded. They are just looking for a way to validate their struggling egos by being "right" all the time, rather than examining facts and outlining intelligent arguments. They are for lack of a better term religious in that what they think they know they merely believe, and refuse to give sane thought or evidence about why they believe it.

I have seen this on ATS, religious forums, occult forums, spirituality forums, MMO forums, relationship forums, political forums... each forum has a name for this kind of person, from troll, to noob, to strawman, to fundie... I see no reason to assume any of them are paid, nor do I see any reason to assume anyone here is paid. The stupidity of people and their out of control egos do all the work for the government, if thats how you want to look at it, for free.

Thats my opinion at least...

[edit on 2009/10/28 by Seventhdoor]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

settle down my friend im just asking a question. passion is good as long as it it properly channeled. i must ask you why this is effecting you so personally?

Regardless belief is everything if you didnt believe in anything what are you doing on here? wasting your time or ours? everybody believes something. i believe in gravity and time and space and a multitude of things, these in turn determine my reality. Without a set platform of beliefs you have no foundation to make any statement.

As you now have stated that you dont belive there are disinfo agent on here can you please provide a statement as to WHY you think the government wouldnt have people looking into a site like this?

[edit on 28-10-2009 by TiM3LoRd]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Doesn't anyone else remember the thread that exposed two agents that have since been banned? the thread came out more than 2 years ago, and it DID contain PROOF that the ones in question were here only to make disinfo, what was not proved was who they worked for or if it was a personal effort. I wish to hell i could remember the thread name or anything to lead me to it, but alas, i cannot.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE

Originally posted by TheNetherlands
This is exactly the kind of site a government wants and needs to minitor.
First of all, they can track what the "common folks" know about whats going on.

Who are the common folks? The people on this site or the millions on facebook and myspace? If they want to track people they don't need to come here. There is no reason to come here because this is a site, one of many, and there is nothing exclusive about this site. This site does not have any information that can't be obtained from other sources. Yes, it may be the largest site of it's kind, but what does that mean? That automatically means MIB or disinfo goons are here?

It doesnt matter that facebook has millions of members. Its not abount the amount of members, its about The members themselves.

This site is way more dangerous to TPTB because we are the people who want to find the truth. We are the people that are awake to what is happening, or what will happen. We are the people that inform eachother about the bad things they plan or want to do.

For example, if they are affraid of being exposed about 911, they are affraid of us, not of those millions on facebook who know nothing. People that get out of bed to work, so they have money to spend on material things and going out in the weekends are no danger. They are the poeple that are in control of TPTB. We are the people that are not under their control. We question them, we want to find truth about everything, and we think for ourselves. This is what makes ATS a danger to them whilst a site with millions of members like facebook will not be feared.

When people come to ATS it means they are getting out of the control of our "leaders". It means they are on to something, or they want to get informed about something. As we only mostly talk about topics TPTB wont want us to know about we pose a threat. And since ATS is biggest in his kind, we opose a very BIG threat. We are all here for a reason. Or are you here because you like the boards design?

Lets face it, if you are not awake of whats going on behind the scenes, then you are not here. And if you are not awake to that you also are no threat to them.

And yes, people not awake to whats going on come here too, but we will rudely awaken them very very fast.

second of all, they can keep track of the general opinion.

A good way to keep track of general opinion would be to keep track of social websites and google hits, not ATS.

For what? to keep track on the general opinion about Cameron Diaz latest movie? To keep track on the general opinion about the new winter-collections from Dolce and Gabbana?

They want to keep track of the general opinion on topics like swine flu, ufo's, 911 and politics. They wont find that at Facebook, MSN.com or whatever.

third of all, if they plan on doing something, like a new 911 or martial law or sumthing, they can watch closely if and what people know about it

If they planned something like a new 9/11 or martial law they wouldn't care about what the general public thought. You know why they wouldn't care? Because they would make sure they covered all their trails, and if something wasn't covered, they have the ability to manipulate the media and spin it to their advantage. This would be effective because the average joe most likely doesn't know about ATS but spends the majority of his time in front of the idiot box. Therefore, ATS is not a threat.

Ofcourse they do it anyways even if they know the ATS people know about it. But what a great way it is to find the people with government connections, to find the leaks whithin their own organisations, and to find out about the threats they face as in people with the knowledge. It would not be the first time a "whistleblower" gets killed in a mysterious accident or just dissapears from the face of the earth

point four is, they can get to know the most important or well known ufologists, conspiracy theorists etcetera etcetera and by that they can keep track of what those well know people in our little community know and what they let out to the public etcetera...

If ufo's exist don't you think they already know who the top guys are? If conspiracies happen, which they do, it makes sense to make sure that those who are part of the conspiracy keep it that way.

Yes, they alraedy know who the top guys are. And how do they know? because they've monitored the community of which ATS is a big part. How else do you think they know? because the name of those top-guys popped in their heads when they took a poop one day? Ofcourse not, they know because they monitor sites like ATS. For example, before i came to this site, or another one in this community, i had never heard about Disclosure Project, Greer, Alex Collier, Project Camelot, Hoagland and name all those guys. You get to know about them by visiting sites like ATS.

point five is, and this is maybe for a government even more important than all the above.... if something bad is going to happen, ATS is the typical site where people find eachother to team up and form some kind of "resistance group". If there was a martial law or invasion or whatever, this is typically a site where people form a resistance organisation

There have been many bad things happening, who here has met up and actually formed a resistance organization?

Thats not what i meant my friend, i meant like if there was a martial law being put in place, if you guys were invaded by your own military or if you government took away all your rights. I mean really big bad things concerning you people. If your country invaded Iraq its easy to say ok, i wont agree with it, but i will go on with my life. If your government strips you of all your rights and puts the military in every city thats a whole different dimension.

[edit on 28/10/09 by TheNetherlands]

[edit on 28/10/09 by TheNetherlands]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Like everything in the universe, there is a balance.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Enigma Publius

The thread I recall involved someone who posted so many detailed, well structured arguement within a short time period that it was obvious he or she was not acting alone. Anyone else remember?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join