It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there really "disinfo agents" on ATS and similar sites?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by Donny 4 million

If I was I dis info agent I would say the same thing. Over and over and over and---

If you believe that, then I feel for you, because then there is no one you can trust. Find one thing I have posted that indicates I could be a disinformation agent, and I'll give you a "Get out of FEMA Camp Free" card.

Having had the immense and personal pleasure of reading many of the Professor's fine posts if he is a disinfo agent it's for the free undeground to confuse an opporessive government and it's agents, and an oppressive war mongering military industrial complex and it's agents.

Any one who follows or participates in the Professors threads or the ones he posts on can see right away he it the peace loving, common person's shining star and hope.

If the Professor is a disinformation agent I am Santa Clause and additionally I proclaim you naughty not nice! No present for you this Christmas!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Some disinfo guys (or it might have both been one guy) was turned out and exposed years ago. I don't remember the details though.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
if you want to see tons of disinfo agents;
check out the Myspace US politics forum;

they would go to every single thread that is critical of obama and try to discredit the person who posted the subject;
with jokes or by flaming, even with NLP/ neuro linguistic programming;

The other day, some guy tried respond to my thread on myspace using NLP about the new documentary i posted "The fall of the republic, the presidency of barack obama"
and i seen that the guy was trying to use NLP to try to make people not accept the information; so i posted some NLP of my own;
and some other guy asked me if i had a script;
like premade responses to other people's statements;
why would the guy even ask me that?

another time i posted something about ron paul;
and one of the people on there was like "If Ron Paul wants to get elected he needs to hire professional people like me" obviously referring to himself being a professional paid disinfo agent

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
This is exactly the kind of site a government wants and needs to minitor.

First of all, they can track what the "common folks" know about whats going on.

second of all, they can keep track of the general opinion.

third of all, if they plan on doing something, like a new 911 or martial law or sumthing, they can watch closely if and what people know about it

point four is, they can get to know the most important or well known ufologists, conspiracy theorists etcetera etcetera and by that they can keep track of what those well know people in our little community know and what they let out to the public etcetera...

point five is, and this is maybe for a government even more important than all the above.... if something bad is going to happen, ATS is the typical site where people find eachother to team up and form some kind of "resistance group". If there was a martial law or invasion or whatever, this is typically a site where people form a resistance organisation.

Last but not least, ATS is the biggest in his kind/genre...

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Double post. It must be the disinfo agents.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I've come across what I'd consider disinfo agents one time. I had posted something with citations and proof and within seconds two different posts, both from accounts opened that day with no previous threads started, posted scathing opposite remarks to mine, trying to severely discredit my work. The second of their posts adamantly agreed with the first post... pretty much caused the thread to die.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheNetherlands
This is exactly the kind of site a government wants and needs to minitor.

First of all, they can track what the "common folks" know about whats going on.

Who are the common folks? The people on this site or the millions on facebook and myspace? If they want to track people they don't need to come here. There is no reason to come here because this is a site, one of many, and there is nothing exclusive about this site. This site does not have any information that can't be obtained from other sources. Yes, it may be the largest site of it's kind, but what does that mean? That automatically means MIB or disinfo goons are here?

second of all, they can keep track of the general opinion.

A good way to keep track of general opinion would be to keep track of social websites and google hits, not ATS.

third of all, if they plan on doing something, like a new 911 or martial law or sumthing, they can watch closely if and what people know about it

If they planned something like a new 9/11 or martial law they wouldn't care about what the general public thought. You know why they wouldn't care? Because they would make sure they covered all their trails, and if something wasn't covered, they have the ability to manipulate the media and spin it to their advantage. This would be effective because the average joe most likely doesn't know about ATS but spends the majority of his time in front of the idiot box. Therefore, ATS is not a threat.

point four is, they can get to know the most important or well known ufologists, conspiracy theorists etcetera etcetera and by that they can keep track of what those well know people in our little community know and what they let out to the public etcetera...

If ufo's exist don't you think they already know who the top guys are? If conspiracies happen, which they do, it makes sense to make sure that those who are part of the conspiracy keep it that way.

point five is, and this is maybe for a government even more important than all the above.... if something bad is going to happen, ATS is the typical site where people find eachother to team up and form some kind of "resistance group". If there was a martial law or invasion or whatever, this is typically a site where people form a resistance organisation

There have been many bad things happening, who here has met up and actually formed a resistance organization?

In closing, why would disinfo goons come here? Being the largest of its kind does not justify a goon visit, there is no mass ATS movement, and I'd even go as far as saying the general population has most likely never even heard of ATS. Moreover, ATS is fragmented, especially when it comes to content, and if goons were looking to come here all they would need to do is look at the type of threads being made, laugh and find better things to do with their time.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Most of the people I see being accused of being “Disinformation Agents” are simply folks with a dissenting opinion on whatever that particular theory is. People do tend to post in certain areas of interest, and while that may appear to be agenda motivated, its simply where that persons interests and thus knowledge lay. Many of your skeptics are constantly called Agents, including me, but in reality most are simply affectionados of topics such as science, space, meteorology, aviation, law, etc. Heck I actually had one guy accuse me of being a lawyer on here simply because I posted a link to case law discrediting some very bad information he was advising people to try in court.
In my opinion none of these folks are paid by the government to cover stuff up, but simply are showing the science of why that information is incorrect. Most consider it a way to help people, and educate them as to the real facts. But, heck, if they are being paid for that, then I want to know where to apply for that job, because I want one.

Now on the other hand, I do think there are things posted here, which are most likely monitored. These topics would be less in the lines of actual conspiracies, and more along the lines of anti-PTB rhetoric. It would also not surprise me if there were some propaganda people on here who post on certain political topics.

Lets also not forget the folks on here that I know for a fact are paid posters, the supposed UFO, 911, moon hoax, chemtrail, etc.. conspiracy theorist types who sell the books, DVD’s, and speaking engagements. In fact, the very guys that us supposedly paid “agents/skeptics” spend much of our time refuting the bad science of…

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Disinformation is everywhere. It's that simple.

Every forum is inundated with it, the Truth Movements are hindered by Disinformers, the new-age movement is one of the most active places to find Disinformers, in fact anywhere people gather to share information is where you will find Disinformation Artists at work.

Most of those don't even know they are doing it as they are only puppets while others know exactly what they are doing and have an agenda to follow.

Disinformation always has a grain of truth within it, so that it seems more palatable to us when we register that little truth and therefore makes us prone to succumbing to the deciet.

I operate by Feeling everything I read and acting in accordance to what my gut Intuition leads me to. This way I am open to new information, and aware of what is disinformation designed to waylay me from my path.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I think most of the disinfo is not done at the detailed discussion level but rather aimed at the general population belief system. For example, I think the government has done a great job of making UFO sitings something that sounds crazy.

They don't want it to get to the level where it's discussed and researched. They want the general population to immediately dismiss it as crazy without any discussion - this way no one becomes aware of facts.

I think the whole balloon boy hoax was used to discredit non-academic scientists. I'm not saying the Government put him up for the hoax, but maybe the media saw it as a great opportunity to make people who research alternative subjects look like fools to the general population.
So the next time someone talks about alternative science, they will think of the nutty balloon boy's father.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Are there really "disinfo agents" on ATS and similar sites?

Yes,there are....look at alot of people said "NO" in this thread.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I honestly don't believe there are dis-info agents on this site. I know many members here who are regularly called dis-info agents simply because they disagree with a particular line of thought... or require more information before making an assessment... and these are just normal people with normal jobs. Paranoia rarely reflects the truth.

I don't really think there is a need for dis-info agents at ATS. Some of the more zealous members do a good enough job of discrediting the info/research all on their own. It's both sad and strangely humorous!

IRM

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

What does ATS think?

Happens all the time

A Conspiracy Against ATS

Worth a read maybe.

The internet is full of many things - subterfuge, paid professionals, rampant ego's and BS.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Gotta love this thread. Yes there may be 'plants', but frankly it's a bit of an ego trip to think that the powers that be are interested enough to join and post.
Unfortunately there seems to be a culture on sites like this of suspecting anyone who is not joining in with the rabble theory of the moment - which imo is just so much bs. For a start, any plant is just as likely to be playing the part of a rabid conpiracy theorist. In fact the person pointing the finger themselves could be one...
It's far more likely that the authorities just tune in occasionally to listen in. Heck you don't even have to join.
As for 'suspicious' joinings and leavinga, well it's just possible, ya know, that people sign up then realise it's not for them. Also (and this seems to happen on every free forum under the sun), there will be people on here with multiple identities and who may even post against themselves to spark off a little fun.
I think people should relax. It's just a free forum - a bit of information exchange, a bit of fun. It's hardly essential to life. And like anything on the net, we need to take it all with a grain of salt...

[edit on 28-10-2009 by unicorn1]

[edit on 28-10-2009 by unicorn1]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I'm thinking that it's not disinformation agents, but rather Holy Wars. I've seen this is many places, including the alt.math newsgroup. People argue about the dumbest things, often quite passionately and irrationally. They argue about whether vi or emacs is the better text editor; how you should format your code; whether Windows or Mac is better; whether God is a hairy thunderer or a cosmic muffin; and so on.

There would be no need to use disinformation here. We ourselves have sufficiently divergent beliefs, including holy warriors, that no additional confusion needs to be added. At most all that would be required is the occasional trollish post to stir things up and get us arguing amongst ourselves.

Anyway, it shouldn't matter whether someone is a "disinformation agent". What should matter is what they say, and whether they offer solid support for their claims. Who they are, and what their motives may be, is irrelevant. Do they present rational arguments, and do they offer support for their arguments?

If someone is offering reasonable arguments with good factual support, does it matter if he's a disinfo agent or just a regular member? Not really. Even a disinfo agent might tell the truth, or might believe what he's saying. And if it's not true, same thing. Doesn't matter who he is, if his arguments are weak or his facts are incorrect.

If we focus on the ideas, arguments, and facts, then we can stop worrying about whether a person is for real, a fraud, or deluded. It doesn't matter. What matters is whether the reasoning is sound, the conclusions reasonable, the facts credible. Anything else - motivation, authority, etc. - is mostly irrelevant and unknowable.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Dis info is everywhere. ive seen it on this site many many times, or just idiots trying to get people to go wayy to the left or right.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
yeah; course there are.

i reckon i have spotted a couple of them. they're slightly too well informed compared with the idiocy of their comments, and they're extremely dogmatic and persistent in replying to threads. they're also pretty rude/arrogant and i think deliberately try to make an argument personal or put the op off balance/annoy them. who comes on a conspiracy forum solely to undermine the people's arguments on here? if thats all you're intrested in, why come on here? you already know its gonna be full of 'crazies'. either they have some personal crusade or mission to spread their anti-conspiracy views or they're being paid to be here. and yeah; ive noticed they do tend to stick to certain boards and not post elsewhere.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I personally have noticed more than a few members on this site,who seem to click on a thread simply to pour scorn on it!
If the thread is so nonsensical to them,why bother posting in the first place?
Why not just skim past and move on to a thread that interests them?
Probably because their only interest is derailing a thread before it can get close to the truth!
Some of them can be particularly nasty along with it!
Why should members be persecuted for having an imagination?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

But i am pretty sure i have come across members who disagree with virtually every topic on this site!
What is the point of being a member,if virtually nothing on ATS interests them?
It seems the only reason they have membership is purely to ridicule people!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Im not sure, ATS while big is not that big compared to youtube,twitter etc I would think disinfo would focus on getting out to the widest possible audience while online. You can quite easily tell the Israeli disinfo artists on youtube. They comments on videos with the largest viewing figure and largest average increase over the span of a month. They will stay at these videos and spam every other posters comment for months at a time,when the average monthly figure goes down they move on. They are always more active when Israel is in the media spotlight. Let's remember though, some people just have opinions vastly different to yours.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by Solomons]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join