Are there really "disinfo agents" on ATS and similar sites?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
At first when I heard people posting this kind of thing, I thought it was paranoid lunacy..."I see plans within plans"-kind of stuff.

But lately, some of the arguments have been so dogged and savage...a part of me has begun to wonder if some sort of "professionals" are actively targeting this board and similar boards. There have been a spate of cheap, throwaway monikers, registered suspiciously recently and then abandoned a few days later...

What does ATS think?

[edit on 10/27/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Why would disinfo agents be here? Is this site remotely important to TPTB or have ATS members made these claims without evidence?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
IMHO yes.There seems to be to many intelligent people on here with suspect views that lack the inclination to back up there illogical (IMHO) views with facts.To me they seem smarter than their opinion.I could name some but I don't know for sure so I won't.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE
Why would disinfo agents be here? Is this site remotely important to TPTB or have ATS members made these claims without evidence?

That's what I'm trying to figure out... there has been a lot more talk about govt monitoring the internet, cracking down on it, even attempting to stop it. There most be something they fear about people freely swapping information...especially about "conspiracies." This is perhaps the biggest such board on the net...if TBTB aren't aware of it yet, chances are they will be.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

I have seen articles reporting that there are disinfo agents on obama's payroll where else would they be?Why not here?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

They are aware of it and their people are doing their best to derail threads that get to close to the truth.

Ever notice how some members only post in threads dealing with particular conspiracy's and have absolutely no interest in anything else? Check their profile!

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Or maybe - as you say - they simply have no interest in anything else...

...i know I post on numerous forums which have a wide variety of topics...and I only tend to post within the specific subject area I'm interested in...

Peace.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I don't know if they are "disinfo agents", but there are a lot of people who post on boards like this, and on youtube a lot as well, I've noticed, that are just downright arseholes. That kind of attitude bothers me. The posts that are completely non-contributory, rude to the poster, and/or they act like they are psychic and can predict the future that "it's not going to happen" or "it's not true" and "nothing to see here" kind of attitude, even though there are other good posts with good evidence to the contrary.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by elocin]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
A great man once said if you lie to someones face they probably wont believe you ... if you lie on the internet half will believe and half will not.

I think theres probably a good number of people who are paid to post blogs and post in forum threads pertaining especially to conspiracy issues... like previously said someone will end up believing them.

Scientologists ritualistically eat babies.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by conspiracyrus]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
This thread is a lie, your facts are wrong, in fact the truth is totally opposite of your theory. Oh and I'm not a disinfo agent, just a normal everyday citizen.

/sarcasim

But to be on track, yes I'm sure there are people out for the sole purpose of dis-info propaganda. I'm not sure if there's government hired ones on these forums, just nuts that use the MSM and lies for their debunking.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Disinformants are probably MOST effective when NOBODY believes them...not directly anyways. For instance, DI's will come in and claim to be a ufologist and say something utterly preposterous that can't be substantiated in any way, shape, or form. Then, Joe Public will hear about it and think "Oh boy, there goes those ufologists again. They sure are idiots."

link   
Yes. There are disinfo agents paid to post on ATS....

Dear Secret Government Cabal,
If I don't get a raise soon I'm going to start telling people the truth about Roswell.

Hugs and Kisses,

Agent B

link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

Again, why would they be here? What is so important about ATS that would make disinfo agents come here? The information that can be found here, good and bad, can be found all over the net. This isn't the only site dedicated to 'exposing' TPTB and it won't be the last. Does this site have any exclusive info, etc that can only be found here? No? Again, why would they come here?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Are there really "disinfo agents" on ATS and similar sites?

Any time a member of ATS posts a thread that contains a false statement, they become a disinformation agent. In the grand scheme of things, is that any different from what politicians do every time they open their mouths. Given the relatively small number of people that ATS reaches, compared to the MSM, I would think that the government wasting much time on ATS, would be much less productive than planting a few people in positions where the news is selected and edited. It looks like the MSM has all the disinformation agents that the government needs.
Let's be serious about this- Why would the government spend much time on a site where many of the members believe:
1.) The world will end 12/21/2012
2.) The world will end October XX, 2009 fill in any date you want
3.) The world is run by reptilians who have take over human bodies

and any number of wild theories. Don't get me wrong- people have every right to discuss those issues. But do you think the government worries about such topics?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

The only? Certainly not, but probably #1 in terms of traffic or close.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

So that they know what we know? So that they can monitor how much we know? And so that they can maybe sway people's beliefs and opinions?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
i think its an obvious yes. there are plenty of topics discussed in this forum that especially in regards to things government related that im sure are not only monitered but also influenced by fake opinions

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I don't know if there are "paid" dis-info agents around (but I wouldn't be surprised these days), but I can almost guarantee that a site like this is being watched.

If I were the government, *I* would be watching it.

This site deals with conspiracies - and most of those are against the government themselves. If this stuff in indeed true, then they would have to be at least checking it out.

I mean, come on! There are threads and posts here on ATS about getting your guns and fighting the NWO! They're talking about a call to arms if the government starts running down on people! Jeez.

Avatars of people with guns and stuff (doesn't matter if it's registered - what's that implying?).

But yeah, they would have to be at least keeping an eye on this site. Whoever says they aren't is completely deluded - not me.

Think like TPTB. What would you do? For god's sake, the name of this site is ABOVE TOP SECRET! Red flag central!

Come on...

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Well first of all I'm sure there's more than one and this is exactly the type of site where it would be advantageous for "them" to have disinformation spread.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired

If I were the government, *I* would be watching it.

This site deals with conspiracies - and most of those are against the government themselves. If this stuff in indeed true, then they would have to be at least checking it out.

I'd like to think that at least once a week somebody in government reads an ATS post and says "Holy crap! How'd they know?"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join