It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest Iraq bombing in two years may have been inside job

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Largest Iraq bombing in two years may have been inside job

Rawstory.com

"This was a really well coordinated attack on an area in Baghdad that's supposed to be well protected," Maddow told viewers. "In order to reach their targets, the bombers driving these truck bombs had to pass through several checkpoints that were guarded by security forces and those security forces were supposed to be using hand-held devices designed to detect explosives."

Maddow quoted a comment from Brian Katulis, a Middle East expert at the Center for American Progress, who wrote, "You don't want to do this kind of attack without having someone on the inside. It implies infiltration of the government. If there is an objective, it's to send a message to whoever is in power that not everyone recognizes them as being in charge."

And this in relation:

Iraq blasts 'an inside job'

Daily Express

IRAQ’S foreign minister admitted yesterday the country’s own security forces may have colluded in the massive truck bombings in which nearly 100 people died.

If this is the case, and there are people "infiltrating" Iraq's security forces, then I really don't see how we can ever expect any of this madness to end. I personally fail to see a point at which we could EVER leave Iraq in a state that the US government would find as an acceptable one.

What I mean by this is, I think we need to get out now.

I would like to hear others thoughts on how they can see this alleged problem being solved in a satisfactory way that could ultimately end in Iraq being a stable region which would allow us to gracefully "bow out".

Me, I don't care if we gracefully bow out or not. I just want us out, but I do understand the mentality that we can't just cut and run.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Bump

It's been a couple days...

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Looks like they may have killed the witnesses too!

CNN Iraq bombing suspect killed during investigation

Baghdad, Iraq (CNN) -- A suspect in a massive double bomb attack in Baghdad grabbed a guard's weapon and shot dead an investigator, before being shot himself, the Interior Ministry said Saturday.

The incident occurred late in the week during an interrogation at the general directorate of criminal investigations in Baghdad, the ministry said in a statement.

It said a guard was giving the suspect water when he grabbed the guard's personal weapon, shot and wounded the guard and then shot the investigator, the statement said.

The wounded investigator, identified as Maj. Arkan Hajem, wrested the gun from the suspect and shot him before dying. The suspect was taken to the hospital, where he died from a loss of blood, the ministry said.

Nobody to spill the beans on the inside connections!

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

There certainly seems to be a bit to many coincidences lately of people getting killed that are witnesses to events. I think perhaps this is a good sign, that the pressure is so much for them that one leak could blow their whole operation wide open and expose them for who they are...whoever they are.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
The US will never leave Iraq. They still have bases in places like Germany and Japan, who haven't been aggressive since 1945, and haven't needed help rebuilding since a few years after that. Even if Iraq magically turns into a utopia, the US will still maintain a presence there.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

The thing is, people will just chalk it up to him being shot for shooting others. It's really hard to say whether he was killed in order to keep him quiet.

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

You have a point there. I guess what I wonder though is if we'll end combat operations if it turns out that the Iraqi gov't and/or security forces are being infiltrated.

But then, one has to wonder if we aren't helping things along in order to give ourselves a reason to stay.

It's been 6, almost 7 dang years!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Well, the 'beauty' of the situation is that Iraq is currently unstable enough that the US doesn't have to 'help things along', as you put it. Mind you, I wouldn't put it past them, because it has been done in other countries before; I just don't think they need to destabilize things in Iraq any more than it already is in order for the powers that be to benefit.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Looks like the same thing is going on in Afghanistan:

abovetopsecret.com

top topics

join