It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possibly the Most Ultimate Display of Masonic Symbolism Ever?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
And it's on a bottle of cologne!

In case the coding is incorrect and the image doesn't display here, the image URL is:

lh5.ggpht.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Interesting! I see it has a Gap tag.

What cologne is it?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I'm not seeing it.

Did I miss something?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by glitchinmymatrix

i think the more accurate question should be...does the gap really know that they have a masonic symbol?

i wouldn't put it past them....but i also wouldn't put it past them not even knowing...or knowing and using it as a marketing plow..bc hey..you just showed us all this brand. marketing campaign successful....ya know?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
It took me a minute to get it. It's somewhat interesting, but in my view this is a fluke of the design. There aren't that many things you can do with a cubic container. It's quite possible that they were designed as cubes for the purpose of maximizing packaging and shipping space. Gap is certainly a company that knows how to handle logistics; they move an unbelievable amount of merchandise around the world continuously.

And not to be pedantic, but it's not possible for something to be the "most ultimate" anything.

edit/ typo

[edit on 10/28/09 by articulus]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
I'm not seeing it.

Did I miss something?

So-say on the American dollar bill you will see the great seal, which includes an all-seeing eye in a pyramid that is not attached to the bottom half of the pyramid. Look on the back of an American dollar bill if you must or just google it.

The pyramid 3-d shape on the bottle of cologne is somewhat detached and features a black "eye" (so-to-speak), so it resembles the same pyramid on the back of the US dollar bill.

I noticed the similarities, although they are not an exact match. Really an exact match will only come from looking at the exact same thing once more, though. And even then, what you see is bound to have changed even if you do not notice it because time changes everything and you cannot look at one thing twice and not see something that you did not see before.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2

i think the more accurate question should be...does the gap really know that they have a masonic symbol?

i wouldn't put it past them....but i also wouldn't put it past them not even knowing...or knowing and using it as a marketing plow..bc hey..you just showed us all this brand. marketing campaign successful....ya know?

This bottle is over 10 years old. It therefore does not much good to the GAP to have me take a picture of it. You can't buy it (unless you tried to from me...).

Instead, why not see this as an advertisement for conspiracy or masonic ideas? Those things do still "live on" in today's society. And, this bottle of cologne certainly does promote the ideas of there being sacred geometry, etc.

If you believe that secrets are passed on through time, then why not believe that the gap has been (maybe unconsciously) passed on certain secrets? It seems possible to me.

Sometimes people know things they cannot explain. Sometimes people do not know things and cannot explain them. Maybe the designer of that bottle knew something he / she could not explain. I don't know for sure. I bought it because it was cheaper than other brands and smelled alright. I kept the bottle because I thought one day I might use it...but I haven't used it in years until I took a picture of it today.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
[edit on 28-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by articulus
It took me a minute to get it. It's somewhat interesting, but in my view this is a fluke of the design. There aren't that many things you can do with a cubic container. It's quite possible that they were designed as cubes for the purpose of maximizing packaging and shipping space. Gap is certainly a company that knows how to handle logistics; they move an unbelievable amount of merchandise around the world continuously.

And not to be pedantic, but it's not possible for something to be the "most ultimate" anything.

edit/ typo

[edit on 10/28/09 by articulus]

A fluke? So you believe in accidents? I don't.

Not possible for something to be the "most ultimate"? Well forgive my wording if you want, but...if there were a best tasting chocolate, would not you consider it to be the most ultimate or best chocolate? Or if there were one all-powerful god or demon, wouldn't you say he/she/it is the most ultimate being...distinct from the others that try to imitate it?

It is similar to saying that someone is "the best" because you can say something is the "ultimate" and then change your mind and say that something else is the "most ultimate" once you realize you have found something better.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneNationUnder
Interesting! I see it has a Gap tag.

What cologne is it?

GAP Blue No. 655

Can't recall when I bought it, but it smelled good at the time. I never wear it now because I have better-smelling stuff.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
To my honorable members on here. Are we seriously that paranoid that we are looking for stuff like this in mens aftershave? Its like looking for the face of Jesus on a piece of toast!

There is clearly nothing masonic it in it. I have bought many aftershaves, with more or less, the same design.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

I'm not seeing it.

Did I miss something?

I agree - nothing masonic about it that I can see.

How is it that only the non-masons see the "masonic symbolism"?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus

I'm not seeing it.

Did I miss something?

Yeah that sounds like some sort of conspiracy to me

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus

I'm not seeing it.

Did I miss something?

In a secret society, would not it be best that the highest, most secret members not even know that they are members at all?

If you want to protect a secret, you don't share it. If you want to protect a member, you do not tell him that he is at all a member.

Believe what you want as that is your nature.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by glitchinmymatrix

In a secret society, would not it be best that the highest, most secret members not even know that they are members at all?

No. So-called "secret societies" like Freemasonry are actually fraternities. To be a member, one must first apply for membership in a local Lodge, be elected to membership by that Lodge's members, and be ceremonially initiated into the Order. There are not any secret members, and all Masons have gone through the same process of membership requirements.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

I must thank you and all of your fellow Masons for your informed, intelligent and always
backed up responses.
Fear and ignorance, in the true sense of this word..not knowing, do indeed clog the
thought processes of many.
Whenever I see one of these "OMG Masonic" thread titles, I always chuckle, skip right past the intro and onto the interesting repartee.

Kudos!!

Namaste

ZM

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

The word "ultimate" means that something is the best, most, cannot be surpassed. Literally it means "the end." So the word "most" is redundant. If I ate the nicest piece of chocolate in the world, I would describe it as "ultimate." If something is lesser than that, there are other ways to describe it. Nothing can be "almost ultimate." Sorry.

Back on topic, I also saw, with some major bending of the imagination, a rather loose square and compass, with the G in Gap nearly centered. That's what I thought you meant was the symbolism.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

i think you are looking for things where they are not.

i'm all for conspiracies and secret societies and such...but the only way for the INFO a secret society has to be passed along is for them to know they are members..that was a very ignorant statement my friend.

and from what i have seen, and knowing a mason or two, at least at the very basic level, there is not conspiracy. higher up maybe.

but the point is...it's a bottle of after shave.very low chance of nefarious goings on...deal with it.

and "most ultimate" is bad high school grammar. if you you found something that is more ultimate than something you said was ultimate in the first place, then you say "blah blah blah is more ultimate that blah blah blah"

and something to take away from this...sometimes a cigar, is just a cigar.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The most ultimate fact is that Masons really aren't hung up on pyramids the way conspiracy theorists wish they were. Sorry.

(Now, you could get some good "as is above, so is below" stuff out of that decanter, but still... nothing particularly Masonic...)

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I joined ATS for this post, just to share this interesting picture with you. Chances are you've seen this before, maybe not seeing what I saw immediately.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/47762d876736.jpg[/atsimg]

LiveLeak: GeoEye-1: Satellite photo of inauguration

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join