It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The end of conspiracy sites after 2012?

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Dear Fellow ATS,
I would like to know from other members if they believe by the end of 2012 when confidently nothing will happen that you believe it will be the end to all conspiracy sites all as it will disproved all conspiracies all together and we will just get on with our life's while not feeding the scammers in our world, do you think it is a possibility that when the theory is busted you will leave the conspiracy scene behind as if 2012 and the bible etc is found to be untrue then you would feel so ashamed of yourselves and embarrassed that you will leave it all behind, what would you do and what will your opinion be after that year?

My wife said that after that date people will find and excuse to it because no one will ever be happy in regards to their own life's which is why the make conspiracies up, and this will be shown after 2012.




posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Wow.. way to glom every single thing into one little package.


Conspiracies do exist... heck they even arrest people constantly for "conspiracy to commit..." etc.

What the whole 2012 thing is, is a prediction.. not a conspiracy. Big difference between the two.


And if it should fail to come to be, it will NOT "disprove all conspiracies all together".

Your whole post seems to be one big straw man lol

"ashamed and embarrassed" indeed



posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I'd be on board with that. I have been watchin my man Nostro since the late 70's and if this stuff doesn't pan out .... I give up.



posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
I'd be on board with that. I have been watchin my man Nostro since the late 70's and if this stuff doesn't pan out .... I give up.

exactly, to some people it could actually mean all conspiracies are unfounded



posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
There is so much more to ATS than 2012...everything from hardheaded realpolitik to mystical speculation. Even if 90% of the theories tossed around on this board turn out to be untrue or worthless, the remaining 10% are true "diamonds in the rough" and will keep me coming back no matter what...as long as an Internet is available.



posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
There is so much more to ATS than 2012...everything from hardheaded realpolitik to mystical speculation. Even if 90% of the theories tossed around on this board turn out to be untrue or worthless, the remaining 10% are true "diamonds in the rough" and will keep me coming back no matter what...as long as an Internet is available.


your not understanding what i am saying, those who are on ats and other sites will suddenly disbelieve in the conspiracy theory because that particular date is quite prominent in peoples minds



posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I will never leave the Bible behind. Nope, notta. And where in the world does the Bible say that the world will end or change in 2012? NO WHERE. Even if you follow the best educated time line possible you are looking at 2017 to 2020 anyway. Now that is not to say we wont experince the tribulation and no where in the Bible does it say that the world will end. If I am wrong please correct me and offer the verses please.

Melissa101



posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by deathpoet69

Originally posted by silent thunder
There is so much more to ATS than 2012...everything from hardheaded realpolitik to mystical speculation. Even if 90% of the theories tossed around on this board turn out to be untrue or worthless, the remaining 10% are true "diamonds in the rough" and will keep me coming back no matter what...as long as an Internet is available.


your not understanding what i am saying, those who are on ats and other sites will suddenly disbelieve in the conspiracy theory because that particular date is quite prominent in peoples minds
Yeah After a while it is kinda like " Beatin a dead horse"



posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by deathpoet69
 

I present the following evidence to support my opinion that conspiracies will never go away and there will always be a need for conspiracy sites.

Smurfs Conspiracy
The Diet Conspiracy
Steve Irwin's death conspiracy
Evil Clown Conspiracy
Animal Conspiracy
Microsoft Word Conspiracy

Of course if Nibiru comes and delivers a smack down to our fragile spherical homebase then the point is mute.



posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BuffaloJoe
 
Really .. Nibiru?? nothing like a left hook. I have read on this and unless it appears real soon, I am done with that one.



posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
"Conspiracy sites" will INCREASE in the years ahead rather than decrease, as more and more people realize the mainstream media is increasingly a propaganda-churning machine. Its already happening. People are realizing that sources of information they once trusted can no longer be trusted...whether they be newspapers, universities, or government statistics. TPTB will become increasingly desperate in their attempts to shore up the tottering house of cards, and anyone with a pulse and an IQ over 70 will start to look elsewhere for their info. In such an environment, ATS and similar sites will not only survive...they will thrive.

2012 will come and go and people will barely blink. Anyone remember the hype over "harmonic convergence" in the late 80s? There have been apocalyptic prophiciess of all sorts in every culture over time that have been proven false, and people are always ready to believe the next one. Didn't the 7th Day Adventists predict the end of the world sometime in the 1800s? The date they set came and went, but the organization exists to this day.



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join