It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 6th Sense

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Most of you I'm guessing you are thinking the sixth sense is something, like a psychic ability. I'm here to say, it's not, in fact it has nothing to do with anything paranormal. It's more like an instinct if you will. It's the instinct to survive. The sixth sense is survival. It's the thing that we think we don't have, only because most of us have never used it. In fact we need to use it. It's like losing one of our senses, imagine not hearing or seeing. All the time most of use don't use the sense of survival. It has been in us since the beginning of time we have had it.

Survival is the feeling you get before a huge snow storm. And deep down inside, if you admit it or not, you want it to happen. Because that survival instinct is waiting to burst out of you. Such as yesterday, when there was a prediction that something big was going to happen, and most of us got excited for it. And when it didn't we all were a little disappointing. Because using the survival skill is actually exciting. It's like being able to see after 20 years. It's the sixth sense.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I have wondered why we don't start with a 7th sense. The 6th sense is a sense of balance (or more accurately: head position relative to net acceleration), an exteroceptive sense like hearing and sight, with its own sensory receptors in the vestibular system of the inner ear.

It's not very a very glamorous one, I know, yet roller coasters and bungee jumping are an aesthetic that center around it.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Well technically, there are only five senses that are commonly known. There are actually at least 10 more senses.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bonzye
Most of you I'm guessing you are thinking the sixth sense is something, like a psychic ability. I'm here to say, it's not, in fact it has nothing to do with anything paranormal. It's more like an instinct if you will. It's the instinct to survive. The sixth sense is survival. It's the thing that we think we don't have, only because most of us have never used it. In fact we need to use it. It's like losing one of our senses, imagine not hearing or seeing. All the time most of use don't use the sense of survival. It has been in us since the beginning of time we have had it.

Survival is the feeling you get before a huge snow storm. And deep down inside, if you admit it or not, you want it to happen. Because that survival instinct is waiting to burst out of you. Such as yesterday, when there was a prediction that something big was going to happen, and most of us got excited for it. And when it didn't we all were a little disappointing. Because using the survival skill is actually exciting. It's like being able to see after 20 years. It's the sixth sense.

Isn't the 6th sense humor?

I'm not kidding either.....

Some have it ...some don't......do we ever ask why..

Nope...

I'm still being serious.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bonzye

Agreed, there are lots of different senses.

I think there are at least 7 scientifically-accepted senses. The 5 usual ones, the one used for a sense of balance mentioned above, and there's some other sense that's escaping my memory right now but I remember learning about it in high school psychology classes.

Anyway.. besides those.. Our bodies are definitely susceptible to more. Survival instinct is one of them, featuring deep in the gut or around the base of the spine imo. All along up your spine your body hosts the ability to perceive various other senses. Also around your gut is where you feel depression most intensely when you are severely depressed, though I'm not sure what good that sense is. Your heart has an intelligence and intuition all its own, and you can literally feel the sensations of your heart and intuit things. There are also neurons in both your heart, and gut, and also all throughout your spine. Not just nerves but computing neurons just like in your brain, except they take on different features in your heart and gut than in your brain.

Who knows how many senses the brain itself is capable of picking up on... Anyone who's read a decent book on how it's known to function has surely been amazed by its inherent ability.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I'm a firm believer in this enhanced awareness as I used it extensively in combat.

Anytime you can't see anything wrong, smell anything different, hear anything, and suddenly you find your hair standing straight up, the tendency is to discount the feeling as it is illogical.

But that's when you better change direction, altitude, velocity, or intent, as something really bad is about to happen.

The more you trust this instinct, the more sensitivity develops, the more aware you are, and the better your chances of survival.

I walked point. Exclusively.

It got to the point where guys would even ask me in the morning if we were going to "hit the ****" that day, as though I had an ability to foresee things."

My only reply would be, "do you want to?" That would usually shut them up, as some would, and others wouldn't.

I've been driving late at night on a stretch of two-lane, pulling a work trailer, and suddenly braked and pulled off the road. As the guys would ask what I was doing, a tractor-trailer would top the elevation and came zooming along in OUR lane.

They'd look at me funny, and ask me how I knew.

I just told them the truth.

I was paying attention.

Didn't bother saying it was my sixth sense.

It's there, and it's there for anyone. But you gotta tune in. And then act.

Like taking a test, you erase an answer, and change it only to discover you had it correct to start with.

It was logic that caused the mistake.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Yep. Our body produces alot lot of senses. But for some reason we stick with 7. We should learn to harness all of them.

Survival i think actually has many aspects of it's own that I realized from the Dooper. There's Awareness for one.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Like taking a test, you erase an answer, and change it only to discover you had it correct to start with.

It was logic that caused the mistake.

Great post, I enjoyed reading it.

It's one of those that I'll remember.

top topics

join