It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush and the Jesus Mothership (Baby-baabeee)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
It's over. It's now confirmed. We have whack jobs running our country and our foreign policy. I can't believe this is happening. WE HAVE AN APOCOLYPSE CULT RUNNING THE COUNTRY! We will be doomed if we don't get these guys out of there!

The Jesus Landing Pad
t was an e-mail we weren't meant to see. Not for our eyes were the notes that showed White House staffers taking two-hour meetings with Christian fundamentalists, where they passed off bogus social science on gay marriage as if it were holy writ and issued fiery warnings that "the Presidents [sic] Administration and current Government is engaged in cultural, economical, and social struggle on every level"�this to a group whose representative in Israel believed herself to have been attacked by witchcraft unleashed by proximity to a volume of Harry Potter. Most of all, apparently, we're not supposed to know the National Security Council's top Middle East aide consults with apocalyptic Christians eager to ensure American policy on Israel conforms with their sectarian doomsday scenarios.

But now we know.

"Everything that you're discussing is information you're not supposed to have," barked Pentecostal minister Robert G. Upton when asked about the off-the-record briefing his delegation received on March 25. Details of that meeting appear in a confidential memo signed by Upton and obtained by the Voice.

The e-mailed meeting summary reveals NSC Near East and North African Affairs director Elliott Abrams sitting down with the Apostolic Congress and massaging their theological concerns. Claiming to be "the Christian Voice in the Nation's Capital," the members vociferously oppose the idea of a Palestinian state. They fear an Israeli withdrawal from Gaza might enable just that, and they object on the grounds that all of Old Testament Israel belongs to the Jews. Until Israel is intact and David's temple rebuilt, they believe, Christ won't come back to earth...

While the language of apocalyptic Christianity is absent from George W. Bush's speeches, he has proven eager to work with apocalyptics�a point of pride for Upton. "We're in constant contact with the White House," he boasts. "I'm briefed at least once a week via telephone briefings. . . . I was there about two weeks ago . . . At that time we met with the president."

www.villagevoice.com...

Bush is awaiting the Mothership and we need to vote this guy out of office so he can get on board.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
lol, emails huh? The left is reduced to making up emails from people who may have talked to a fellow in the Bush admin about a Jesus Landing pad? Come on. This is so dumb it makes the village voice look even more irrelevant than it already is. I noticed in their headline section not one mention of the sarin or mustard gas shells found in Iraq, wonder why?

Variable

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
A white house flunky meets with a religious wack-job? That crap happens all the time no matter whos in office.

C'mon Col. with a couple of days off even you should be able to do beter than that.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Talk about coming right out and saying it...

�Before the Storm� is not a sympathetic portrayal of a man defeated in his bid to become president of the United States. Putting it archly, Perlstein studies Goldwater, Nixon and other conservatives to understand the enemy.

Hmmm....is Mr. Perlstein perhaps...LIBERAL???

From www.gmtoday.com...

[Edited on 18-5-2004 by natas]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by natas

Hmmm....is Mr. Perlstein perhaps...LIBERAL???

From www.gmtoday.com...

[Edited on 18-5-2004 by natas]

Forget the author, What about the PAPER!!! The Village Voice? Sheesh! Why is the Kernal reading liberal gay newspapers now????? Getting harder and harder to find even the whacko stuff perhaps?

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Just a question or two...

I read the article you posted Colonel. All of it. I noticed several mentions of this group as an "apocalyptic" group. On what, precisely, is this notion based?

For the record, I have no feeling one way or another on this article or the paper. And, Colonel, I hope you won't see this as an attack on you or your post. I would like an honest answer though. Is this terminology used to elicit feelings in the readership that these Christians are in fact "whack-jobs"? Is that why they are called "apocalyptic"? Or, does it stem from some basic tenet of their particular belief structure�one that would have to differ fundamentally (har!) from that of a "typical Christian" in order to require an additional qualifier such as "apocalyptic"? Do they, in fact, have some strange fixation on, or endearment to, the apocalypse?

Again, just hoping for a good clarification.

Thanks

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Burglar, I wanted to say that these particular Christians are whack jobs. I am Christian but, I am not trying to usher in the Rapture. Little do these Rapture Christians know that when Jesus comes back, there will be a lot of death and they might be the ones getting served.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Burglar, I wanted to say that these particular Christians are whack jobs.

I got that loud and clear from the original post. However, what I am curious about is why you wanted to make that statement. Or, more specifically, how are they whack jobs? What about their beliefs/actions compels you or the writer at the Voice to say that they are "apocalyptic" or "rapture" Christians.

You mentioned they are trying to usher in the Rapture. How so? On what basis can you make this claim? If there is indeed a rational reason to make such a statement, then I would tend to agree that they are whack jobs. As to how that affects their meetings with our president, well, I'll wait to consider that until I know why we should call them nuts.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hamburglar
I got that loud and clear from the original post. However, what I am curious about is why you wanted to make that statement. Or, more specifically, how are they whack jobs? What about their beliefs/actions compels you or the writer at the Voice to say that they are "apocalyptic" or "rapture" Christians.

You mentioned they are trying to usher in the Rapture. How so? On what basis can you make this claim? If there is indeed a rational reason to make such a statement, then I would tend to agree that they are whack jobs. As to how that affects their meetings with our president, well, I'll wait to consider that until I know why we should call them nuts.

Again, these people are whack jobs. These examples in the article should prove so:

"this to a group whose representative in Israel believed herself to have been attacked by witchcraft unleashed by proximity to a volume of Harry Potter."

"Until Israel is intact and David's temple rebuilt, they believe, Christ won't come back to earth."

"An ecstatic figure who from her own reports appears to operate at the edge of sanity ("Two of the three nights in my apartment I have been attacked by a hair raising spirit of fear," she writes, noting the sublet contained a Harry Potter book; "at this time I am associating it with witchcraft"), "

Complete and utter whack jobs.

I wonder what these whack jobs would do if they discovered (through simple reading of the Bible) that Jesus was black.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Again, these people are whack jobs. These examples in the article should prove so:
"this to a group whose representative in Israel believed herself to have been attacked by witchcraft unleashed by proximity to a volume of Harry Potter."
"Until Israel is intact and David's temple rebuilt, they believe, Christ won't come back to earth..."

Okay, I don't mean to be obtuse; however, I still don't see the "apocalyptic" part of this. I am hoping you can explain that one clearly.

Regardless, the Israeli representative is off her rocker at the very least. And, perhaps most of the folks involved in this church (?) are a bit out of touch. While I am still curious about the "apocalyptic" or "rapture" label (I think "crazy" would have worked just as well), I will grant you that these are nothing less than oddballs.

Assuming that they have some out-there beliefs, I ask my next question. What does it matter that the president met with these folks? What difference do you think it makes. And, lest you think I am a simpleton for asking, I would remind you how many people were needlessly concerned that JFK (our first Catholic president) would heed the call of the Vatican at the expense of America. They thought that he would betray this country at the behest of the pope.

So, in that light, how does it matter? Why should I make the leap that because some zealots stopped by the White House, the president is now an insane, Christian psycho?

And please, only relevant answers. No slight to you Colonel, but your feelings toward the current administration have been made quite clear in previous threads. I don't always agree with you, but I am interested in your thoughts on this one. I just don't want to see this thread degrade into an "I Hate Bush/I Hate Kerry" grudge-match. It is not necessary as I am sure you are aware.

Anxiously awaiting.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I wonder what these whack jobs would do if they discovered (through simple reading of the Bible) that Jesus was black.

And just one more thing...

They would probably crap themselves, just like anyone else would. Especially considering Jesus could no more have been black than he could have been white. Clearly, as a middle-eastern Jew, he would have had similar features to those we know as "arabs" or "middle-easterners" today. They are neither black nor white. Just like Jesus.

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Listen, anyone who talks to God and has Him respond directly that "God told me to go after Al Queda and I did" is a bit off his rocker.

new topics

top topics

join