It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Son's first EVP session

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I will start things off by saying my son is 13 years old and is autistic. He has had many personal experiences throughout his life that we have dismissed due to his condition.
He has seen a " glowing dancing string" in his room on many occasions. He has had a couple imaginary friends named Fred and Leval the Devil since he was about 3 years old (yes, he has scared the crap out of me talking to those two). He has even told us in detail that he floats above his body at night and looks down at himself sleeping.
Recently, on October 17th he and I did our first evp session together. I helped him with the recorder and he did the questioning. We only did this for about 20 minutes and to my surprise, I think he may have captured something on the recorder. I did cut these evps into smaller segments using adobe audition.

EVP #1 Here my son asks a question and the response is something I cannot make out.

EVP #2 This one is where my son suggests we read a Bible verse and we hear something that we didn't hear while in my room.

EVP #3 My son asks if Fred (his imaginary friend ) is present. I can't understand the response.

If you have any insight as to what was captured, please let me know. It's always nice to hear what other people's opinions on evps.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Please, please listen to my advice when I tell you that what you are doing is dangerous. There are many many cases where demonic possesion can occur in households where one of the children is autistic and can see and communicate with spirits.

Doing EVPs with your son, though you did them with the best of intentions, opened up the invitation for anything to come through, and to come to him, and use him- use his body in ways that he cannot control because of his disability.

Doing EVPs are like using the Ouiji Board and I rarely do them in my own household because of the risk involved. While, some spirits are harmless, there are many that want to do harm to the weak and powerless, and your son may not have the ability to protect himself when you are not around.

In addition, there are some instances where demonic forces can actually possess your child and it will take an exorcism to remove it. Being a good person, a good christian is not enough. Prayers are not enough.

The thin layer between our world and that of the spririt world is a thin one, and your child with his abilities to see the dead only makes him shine like a Light House in the spirit world. He attracts them, the good and the bad. If you fear whatever he is communicating with, I suggest working with a local paranormal investigator who can help you.

Whatever you do, understand the gravity of what can happen when you choose to continue down this road. If you need any further advice or need help, please U2U me.

Please Watch this Video.
tvshack.net...

It was an episode on the TV Series, A Haunting:
Marie Potter, a single mother, lives with her mentally handicapped daughter, Julie, who possesses the ability to communicate to spirits. When odd occurrences begin to disturb the family, Marie's boyfriend begins using a Ouija board to contact spirits. The board inadvertently opens a connection to a demonic entity, who begins to torment the family. Despite destroying the Ouija board, the entity continues to torment the family. Story to be featured in sequel to 2009 film "The Haunting in Connecticut."

[edit on 27-10-2009 by xynephadyn]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Thanks Xynephadyn
I honestly didn't intend to put my son at risk. It was just a little Halloween fun. I will take your advice and stop doing evps in the house and monitor his actions a little closer for the time being. I was unaware of the link between autistic children and the paranormal and i believe I will do some research on it.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Tartarspoon

1 I couldn't make out much
2 Was weird, it sounded like a voice said God with a long o and kind of trilling it.
3 Three was just weird, it sounded like a natural sound, is what I can say. I sounds like it came from something making the sound, not something that would be in a room.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Thanks for being open to my advice! I know it can be scary to hear these kinds of things. I think you'll be OK, but in the future I wanted you to know the risks involved. Make sure to watch the Video I posted in my first post. I think it will help you understand. Please understand that I did not mean to frighten you, but if your son has a name for a being called a Devil, I would consider that to be a truth in some form. Just because it visits does not mean it is attached to him, unless you feel with your Mothers Intuition that he in being harmed or in danger.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by xynephadyn]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

That was a good episode. I saw it on the Discovery channel a few weeks ago. My wife even commented that it was probably one of the scarier episodes of
"A Haunting" that she had seen.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Yes it was frightening! Im glad youve seen it. As far as the EVP's, I can tell you what they are.

1. sigh or breath
2. bad bad - sounds like the movie the Grudge....
3. Sounded like a yes or a yea, the laughing at the end- was that the spirit or you or your son?

In my opinion- whatever you got on EVP, was a negative spirit. These sounds and noises are meant to frighten you. A spirit who wanted do to no harm would not try to frighten you. Did you ask your son if he is frightened by Fred?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

That was the "spirit" . After he asks if he was Fred..we waited about 30 seconds for a response and he got that

My son was protective of Fred. He even tried to hide him when Leval was around. Its creepy, I know.. We would listen in on his conversations with Leval. Nothing like waking up at 2 am listening to your son argue with someone about waking the rest of the family up.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by Tartarspoon]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
i'll take a listen to these at a later time, a lot of people in the office right now so i can't get undivided attention to it, but i would take the advice to not do it, or be careful.

being interested in it myself, i'd continue until i found if it was evil or not. but i dont have the child at risk.

i've been considering doing this in my apt because i have had a numerous things happen there. once i get a recorder its happening though. with the precautions though.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

So is your Son frightened by Fred or is Fred his friend?
Would he be upset if you did a clearing on the house?
As the Parent you have every right to get rid of this spirit screwing with your child. Remember that spirits can appear as young children or friendly or however they choose. What your son may percieve as a friend may actually have the intent on harming him.

After hearing your EVP's I highly recommend that you do a clearing on your home. You dont need a Ghost Hunter or a Psychic to do this. You have the power. The Power of Choice. You have to be firm in your decision on way or another what you are going to do. If you are interested in doing a clearing, I can provide to you details on how to do so. They dont always work, and many times they have to be done frequently. But it can help. My concern is what you are dealing with.

If it is an earthbound human spirit, then basically you can force it to cross over. But if its not a human spirit, and something darker, than it will be more difficult to remove. What is your opinion on the subject?

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Getting answers from my son can be a chore at times. But from what I recall, he preferred Fred over Leval (Level, Levil, Lebal). He said Fred is kinda nice and my son never saw Fred, just heard him. He also thinks they are family.
Leval on the other hand was a nuisance to my son and he heard and saw Leval when he was around. The only description I got for Leval was that he looked like a devil.
He doesn't want any harm done to either of his imaginary friends. I will keep the idea of cleansing the house in mind and talk with my wife tonight about it.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Can you please elaborate on this glowing dancing string? This is what interests me. Was it multi coloured?? Have characteristics of a human maybe.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Sure, from his descriptions it is approximately 2.5'- 3' long. It was glowing green and black, the colors would pulse the length of the string. It would "dance" about 1' off the floor. The top of the string would act like a snake head and look around the room while the res of the string would vibrate, kind of like a guitar string would act if it were plucked.

he always sees it in the same corner of the room and after a few minutes it would simply fade away.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Great, Ill check the post tomorrow...

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Very neat EVP's. I could not really make heads or tails out of what was said although #1 sounded like a sigh/groan to me...

I have tried to capture a few EVP's before as well. I was never as successful as you although I did manage to catch what sounded like a low short growl once...

There are going to be people that say you should not, but my experience with a Ouija board has been rather uneventful out of all the years I tried. I am curious if you have ever tried or are thinking about using a Ouija board to communicate with who ever might be hanging around....

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I want to try a Ouija board so bad. unfortunately my wife is dead against one in the house.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Did you read the rest of the posts on this thread? Playing with an Ouiji board is the last thing this parent should do! As a paranormal investigator, I am not saying this from a religious perspective or even an ignorant one. I am saying this from personal and professional experience. I get that so many people on this site tend to throw the "expert card" into thier posts, but in this situation I have to say that using an Ouiji Board is 100% opening up a portal to the spirit world that has the potential to invite demonic forces into this family's lives with little or no control to help their child. Using an Ouiji board when there is already spiritual activity present is a bad idea, especially a menacing spirit, especially because my psychic impression is that of a negative spirit- it is a Bad Idea.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Ouija boards in my opinion are a bad idea. I have known people that weird things have happened to with them. If you believe in devils, and spirits I really disagree with using that. But if you don't believe in them then you have nothing to be worried about

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I slowed down and enhanced the first evp, " Are you Fred?". This is what is heard after his son is done talking. I know what I think it says, but wonder what everyone else thinks?

media.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
My dear, I am very old and have made a great many mistakes over the years. Please do not play these sorts of games with your child.

Without knowing it you are inviting something -- that if you could truly see what it was -- you would be willing to die to save your son.

You can do a clearing yourself. I want you to be empowered by this opportunity. It is equally as empowering if you choose to ask someone for help. Skilled Native Americans can help. Some Buddhists keep a ritual for spiritually cleaning the house. The Unity Church ministers will do a cleansing/blessing and invitation of the Light -- they may use different words but have the same meaning.

Also, if you would prefer a christian ritual, the Episcopalians in the USA have a very effective house blessing ritual. Although I am not a member of their church I have always found their priests delightful and at two points in my long life, they were life-saving.

I have several grandchildren who are autistic. They are very special and need our help to filter out the content that they so easily pick up on. They have a gift of seeing everything, and as a parent you might agree with me that there are some things from the dark side you don't want them to see.

One of my autistic grandsons sees gold threads weaving together when there is peace and happiness in the house. I wonder if your son's dancing string might not be one of these bits of the fabric of universe we do not see.

In any event, I will spend some time now with my cup of tea and picture you and your son being surrounded and blessed by the Light. Peace be with you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join