It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Moon Base in Tycho Crater? (Kaguya, Jaxa HD image)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Why U.S. NAVY use a "mirror image" in its official site?
Could you please give The "original Clementine" image link?
Thanks.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by Imagir]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

Yes, it's strange that they put a mirrored image on their site.

I got the original from here.

The image I posted is a crop from the larger image, the one that they identify as "full resolution image", and for which you need NasaView (freeware, but you need to register on that NASA site).

PS: that's why I never rotate the images in Google Earth, it's easier to compare them if we keep north to the top of the image.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I still do not understand, ArMaP.

How it is possible, also rotating the image, that some crests, cliffs and rocks they are completely outside axis?

How it is possible, taking two stationary points of reference, than they are found from other part?

Only for example, this anomaly of the same Tycho image taken by Clementine:

DIFFERENCE

And Kaguya

Please ArMaP..... DIG!
Thanks

[edit on 15-11-2009 by Imagir]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

What I mean is that not rotating the images helps in identifying specific places, and because of that I could easily see that the colour image was mirrored when compared with the original image.

The original image has that small crater on the north-west sector, so all images should have the crater in the same position.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/99091da87e60f582.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/2a62e70a3a54e5b6.jpg[/atsimg]

By looking at the colour image now is easier to see that it has the crater on the north-east sector but it also has other things in the wrong place, like that smaller part of the central peak, that is still to the north but it's on the west instead of the east side, showing that the image was mirrored in that position (north up) and not rotated.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/f2b04d6a5dec6689.jpg[/atsimg]

Mirroring that image should do it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/3fbaefa427968807.jpg[/atsimg]

Now all images look the same.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
just to ask, has any one ever tried what William Cooper said about NASA and space aerial photos, that you have to rotate the photo upside down so you can can see the difference between a crater and a raised area. you could be looking at a crater that may actually be a hill.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ats__fan039

Yes, I have done that several times.

But as there are usually more things in the photos it's relatively easy to know what we are looking at.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

What about the other anomalies in this crater?

Do you have analized different sources and images?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Well Done, Seriously ... Well Done.

Thats quite a collection of rocks that you have posted. The human brain likes to attempt to make sense of things it sees its like seeing faces in clouds.

Simple fact is that you cannot trust anything that doesnt have sufficient graphical resolution (and by that i mean down to less than 50cm squared)
because the compression algorithms used for JPG compression will cause image artifacts making one thing seem like another, and can make curved lines straight etc.....

Dont be fooled .......

Also, if in doubt invert the image, it can show things that you wouldnt normally see.

Seriously dude, nice collection of rocks there

edited for Type-o

[edit on 18/11/2009 by scepticsRus]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

I haven't located the exact location on the Kaguya photos, and I haven't had much free time to do it, but they are not forgotten.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by scepticsRus

Maybe you are right... and maybe not...

But "something" and "someone" tell me to DIG in this crater...

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Tycho Crater by Clementine probe.
www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil...

Look closely at these NASA images from the navy.mil website,
and examine the hi res photos, and you will see the ground
is covered in regular polygons.

That does not occur in nature, especially on the moon.

The changes to the ground appear to be on the molecualr
level, infrared = heat, and that is a heat signature,
meaning some sort of activity or radiation.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

Near infrared (750-1000nm), the wavelengths used by Clementine, does not show thermal radiation but it does highlight certain minerals.

Yes, the pattern on the floor of the crater is interesting. The phenomenon is seen on Earth as well as other planets and is caused by the cooling of molten material. In the case of Tycho it is thought that lava filled the floor of the crater and formed the polygonal pattern as it cooled and hardened.

Regular polygons are common in nature. But I wouldn't call the patterns in Tycho "regular".
Snowflake:

Basalt:

[edit on 11/18/2009 by Phage]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Imagir

Near infrared (750-1000nm), the wavelengths used by Clementine, does not show thermal radiation but it does highlight certain minerals.

Yes, the pattern on the floor of the crater is interesting. The phenomenon is seen on Earth as well as other planets and is caused by the cooling of molten material. In the case of Tycho it is thought that lava filled the floor of the crater and formed the polygonal pattern as it cooled and hardened.

Regular polygons are common in nature. But I wouldn't call the patterns in Tycho "regular".
Snowflake:

Basalt:

Dear Phage, I don't know why you say so...
This is very strange from you.....

And YES: Clementine used right this kind of infrared analisys.

Maybe you IGNORE(?) that:

The infrared radiation (IR) is the electromagnetic radiation with an inferior frequency to that of the light visible, but greater of that of the radio waves. The name means “under the red ” (from the Latin "infra"= “under”), because the red one is the visible color with the frequency more lowland. The infrared radiation has a wavelength (that he is equal to the speed of the light to according to uniform for the frequency) comprised between 700 nm and 1 milimeter often Comes associated with the concepts of “heat” and “thermal radiation”, since every object with advanced temperature to absolute zero (practically any real object) emits spontaneously cancellation in this band (increasing the temperature, the peak is moved more and more towards the visible one until the object does not become incandescent).

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

The "thermal" infrared is the "mid-infrared", not the near-infrared used by Clementine and other probes, that is the one just right "below" the red.

As they say in the link you posted, the image uses wavelengths from 415nm to 1000nm, while the "thermal" infrared starts at 3000nm.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

The images of Tycho were made with the using the UV/VIS camera on Clementine. They include three specific near infrared wavelength filters, 750nm, 900nm and 1000nm. The purpose of using these filters was to study mafic materials on the surface of the moon, not thermal imaging.

The images of Tycho do not show thermal signatures. That requires an entirely different type of camera. Clementine did carry such a camera. It recorded a full range of wavelengths from 800nm to 9,500nm.

These images of Tycho are not from that camera, there is no thermal information in them. All they show is reflected near infrared (and UV, in the middle and left images) light.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Read This: www.osti.gov...

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

That is the camera I told you about, the thermal imaging camera. It is not the camera with which the images of Tycho were made.

These UV/VIS images were formed from a mosaic of five image cubes, each consisting of spectral bands (415 nm, 750 nm, 900 nm, 950 nm, and 1000 nm). These data were acquired during orbit 40 on February 28, 1994.

www.cmf.nrl.navy.mil...

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The lunar observations made included imaging at various wavelengths in the visible as well as in ultraviolet and infrared, laser ranging altimetry, gravimetry, and charged particle measurements. These observations were for the purposes of obtaining multi-spectral imaging of the entire lunar surface, assessing the surface mineralogy of the Moon.

During the systematic mapping phase of the Clementine mission, approximately 220,000 thermal-infrared images of the lunar surface were obtained. Observed LWIR radiances can be converted to brightness temperatures that provide information on various physical properties of the lunar surface. Topography, albedo, and latitude are dominant factors in determining dayside lunar thermal emission.

adsabs.harvard.edu...

[edit on 18-11-2009 by Imagir]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

Yes, but the image you show of Tycho is not from the thermal imaging (LWIR) camera!
(For the third time.)

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Imagir

Yes, but the image you show of Tycho is not from the thermal imaging (LWIR) camera!
(For the third time.)

Dear Phage,
You REALLY IGNORE that the infrared radiation has a wavelength (that he is equal to the speed of the light to according to uniform for the frequency) comprised between 700 nm and 1 milimeter (1000 nm) often comes associated with the concepts of “HEAT” and “Thermal Radiation”.

The Clementine infrared TYCHO CRATER image spectrum:

Left: Image
Ratio of wavelengths 750 nm/1000 nm which is useful for evaluating the amount of mafic materials. In this ratio the unusual polygonal pattern in the floor of the crater is greatly enhanced relative to the simple color composite on the right.

Middle: image
Color composite formed with ratio images.
Red = 750 nm/415 nm
Green = 750 nm/1000 nm
Blue = 415 nm/750 nm

Right: image
Color composite
Red = 1000 nm
Green = 900 nm
Blue = 415 nm.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by Imagir]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join