It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Moon Base in Tycho Crater? (Kaguya, Jaxa HD image)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imagir
But however I found this: THEIR MINE?

The "new" version (click for full size, 100% zoom)

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
OK I found this in the huge, 26mb morning photo ArMaP posted a link to on the last page:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0cc975014f2c.jpg[/atsimg]

OK I know some people are going to say this is just pareidolia (including me) but doesn't that look a little like the head of an ancient, broken, large statue of an alien?

I've been unable to download the evening photo at this resolution, that will probably mess up my pareidolia when I see it.

Anyway, good find ArMaP, there's a lot of detail in this photo!

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

The Morning view shows the symbols from another thread, yet the JAXA/SELENE images do not. Very strange!

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike
reply to post by ArMaP

The Morning view shows the symbols from another thread, yet the JAXA/SELENE images do not. Very strange!

Correct me if I'm wrong but the morning view IS an image from JAXA Selene, correct? What other JAXA Selene image are you referring to, imagery from the Japan site browser?

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by The Shrike
reply to post by ArMaP

Correct me if I'm wrong but the morning view IS an image from JAXA Selene, correct? What other JAXA Selene image are you referring to, imagery from the Japan site browser?

I think it would be easier to say that I'm confused. The photo showing the "symbols" was a Lunar Orbiter V photo with lots of contrast. Then we were shown JAXA/SELENE photos that looked softer with little contrast, although beautiful imagery nevertheless, and the center peak area where the LOV "symbols" were located was now devoid of them with a concave surface. Now you say these are JAXA/SELENE photos but the contrast is almost similar to the LOV, the "symbols" are visible including the "V" that was pointed out.

I don't mean to derail this thread but I don't know what's going on with these images.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

OK I understand now, I think you partially answered your own question, which seems on-topic to me since it's about JAXA selene images in Tycho!

The harsher images (LRO and the morning image posted by ArMaP) have direct shadows from sunlight and the sun is fairly low so the shadows are accentuated.

The "softer" JAXA selene images you referred to, I'm pretty sure were the screen captures from the 3D imagery JAXA made of the Tycho crater, and the shadows aren't harsh there because it was a reconstruction from stereoscopic imagery, I think coupled with height data and may have possibly had the illumination tinkered with as part of the 3D creation process.

However, if you were to take the 3D model, and then add a bright light source to it to simulate the sun, then by moving that light source to different locations you should be able to come close to the photographic shadows we see (including the "symbols as you call them), if the 3D representation is accurate. Does that clear up your confusion?

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I'd like to answer "Yes" except that it has also been pointed out that the 3-D views show the central peak devoid of the "symbols" and in their place there is a "faucet handle" illusion that is seen in images that are not the LOV image!

Can you, or any other computer-savvy member reading this thread model the JAXA/SELENE image(s) to resemble the LOV image to see if the "symbols" are a trick of light? They do seem to be throwing appropriate shadows for their shapes. And what about that "V"? I'm not that savvy nor do I have the necessary computer software to attempt it.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

If the JAXA 3D model is available for download I might download it and play around with it, however I doubt anyone is going to attempt to recreate that model if they can't download it, I sure wouldn't.

But so far all I've seen download for is the video made from the 3D model (several versions) and since I'm impaired navigating their site because I don't read Japanese, it may be hard to find if they even have the model up for download, they may not.

Google translate helps me navigate some sites but theirs uses images instead of text for many of the links and the translator can't translate the images.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Some things I will like to add.

First, the original images are 16 bit greyscale images, so they can be made to look much better than with the automated method I used.

Second, by combining those two photos we can have a virtual "full illumination" photo, something like the one below, but better, obviously.

As it's getting late here in Portugal (01:55 AM), I will try to understand The Shrike's doubts only tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Some things I will like to add.

First, the original images are 16 bit greyscale images, so they can be made to look much better than with the automated method I used.

Second, by combining those two photos we can have a virtual "full illumination" photo, something like the one below, but better, obviously.

snip

As it's getting late here in Portugal (01:55 AM), I will try to understand The Shrike's doubts only tomorrow.

Well, you certainly are a knowledgeable and talented person and you do great work with these images. The photo you posted which I did not include in this reply is beautiful. But it shows the "symbols" and the "V" so your work confirms that other thread's "symbols" claim. I know that the photos have been taken at various sun heights but I don't think that the sun angle would make something disappear if it really was there and you've confirmed that they are there.

I've decided to not pursue agreeing that the "symbols" are really there and agreeing that it is light and shadow. I just spent a few minutes with your above photo which I copied plus stills that I took of the fly-over from JAXA/SELENE and I can see how the right symbol, the one that looks like an Egyptian ankh without the cross bar, is part of the flat area "behind" the symbols that looks like a "faucet handle." The "ankh" is part of the "faucet handle" which is really a flat area that when seen from above looks like it's vertical but as the camera comes down level with the center peak the "faucet handle" flattens out taking the "ankh" with it. I hope I didn't confuse you or anyone.

[edit on 7-11-2009 by The Shrike]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Where is this second image from?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Alien Moon Base in Tycho Crater?

Dunno for sure without looking up the video I have, but there film of an object crossing over a crater on the moon which clearly received a flash from something just on/under the edge of the crater in appx /72.

It happened more than once and was confirmed by a retired NASA Apollo scientist in appx /96, who worked on seismic activity on the moon surface at the time it was filmed.

I cannot remember if the filmed images transmitted to earth originated from a probe or an actual mission? But it was orbiting the moon.

Decoy

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Decoy
Alien Moon Base in Tycho Crater?

Dunno for sure without looking up the video I have, but there film of an object crossing over a crater on the moon which clearly received a flash from something just on/under the edge of the crater in appx /72.

It happened more than once and was confirmed by a retired NASA Apollo scientist in appx /96, who worked on seismic activity on the moon surface at the time it was filmed.

NASA even posted a link to a video they made like that here:

science.nasa.gov...

Here's a mystery: "Can you identify this object?"

In that NASA link, the words "this object" is a hotlink to a video where the flying object flashes, then a short time later it appears that the moon flashes back.

NASA has recorded 20 such flashes in 107 hours of videotaping the moon as of the date of that article, I expect it's more by now. And what causes the moon flashes? According to NASA, meteoroids.

But unless your video is in the Tycho crater (is it?) I fear it's off topic for this thread, though sooner or later one is bound to hit Tycho just because the moon is constantly being bombarded by space objects just like the Earth is.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dennisdvx

What do you mean?

That image is from the second pair I downloaded yesterday from Jaxa's site, but I cannot upload them to eSnips, something is not working on their site right now, so I cannot point you to the full photo.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This thread is absolutely absurd you guys are finding random objects out of very low resolution pixelated moon dirt, there is absolutely no difference in material from what you guys are presenting as "structures" to the surrounding area.

The resolution at best, not zoomed in is 1k when you magnify it 10 fold the image is of course going to display the edges of pixels. there's no arguing that it just doesn't have the information to uphold what you are proposing, so in simply deduction. your claim can not be proven, not to mention the total lack of difference in material. or the fact that nature in its self develops right angles.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I finnaly managed to upload the images of the west part of Tycho crater to eSnips.

Evening view

Morning view (the one I used for most of the previous images).

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I finnaly managed to upload the images of the west part of Tycho crater to eSnips.

The same esnips site problem that delayed your upload of these must have caused my download problem yesterday, because now I can download all 4 of the images from the links you posted.

Thanks a lot for sharing these ArMaP, they are great images.

Even if we don't see the base, they provide a lot of lunar surface details that inspire questions about lunar geology. For example that higher resolution photo you posted of what someone thought might be a mine has some interesting formations. It's nice to be able to see the whole image now.

Thanks again.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I must be doing something wrong. I clicked the 'morning view' and then the 'original view' and after the download the image wouldn't open for me. I right clicked 'show picture' and nothing??? Bottom of the page says 'done, but with errors'.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by dennisdvx]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dennisdvx

That's the problem I was having yesterday, which I now suspect may have been a temporary problem with the esnips site because i tried again today and it worked. The "show picture" on IE appears when the download hasn't finished. When the download of the picture has finished, you'll get other options like "save picture as...". But if the download never finishes, you never get that option and "show picture" is all you get.

Another possibility is you don't have enough memory on your PC, it takes a huge amount of memory to download these images, way more than the 25-30MB size of the image. Why, I don't know, but my memory usage skyrocketed when I downloaded these images. In that case trying it right after a fresh reboot might help too since that's when you typically have the most memory free.

Good luck.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Thanks, I'll give it another try

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join